Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

Zesty posted:

I’m excited to play it but I’d really prefer it was 1.0 instead of the slow drip of Early Access.

Mordiceius posted:

Same. I'll be waiting for 1.0. I don't ever gently caress with early access games.

:same:

Judging from My Time at Portia I'll have at most one full playthrough in me, and it might as well be when the content and everything is reasonably finished.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

Just started Sandrock yesterday, and I'm already digging all the QoL improvements from Portia. My goal is to just play through organically, but is there anything like Portia's "Build all five Dee-Dees" achievement that is missable (and not labelled as such) that I should keep in mind?

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

(Speaking of the calendar, is there any way to change the month of your birthday during character creation? It seemed like I could only put it within a single month)

This threw me at first too, but there is an arrow off to the side of the calendar that lets you change the month. The weird part is that it only lets you scroll from the beginning of the year to the end, and not directly between spring and winter.

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

FrickenMoron posted:

What even IS telesis. I've finished the game twice and still have no idea.

It's telekinesis, without da kine

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

I'd say she is, because Mi-An is an anagram for "main", kinda like how in The Matrix, Neo is an anagram for "One", and he's The One

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

there's a mod for that, thankfully. it includes in item descriptions if you have donated a given item. i wouldn't bother with the museum at all without it.

Yeah, all of the Your Time At Sandrock mods are worth looking at, a person can tailor which ones they get to the parts of the game they feel like tweaking.

At first I wanted to do a completely vanilla playthrough, but there's enough QoL stuff in YTAS that doesn't feel cheaty that it works for a vanilla+ type experience.

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

They can also admire relics that are inside your house, once at 2am Burgess admired a spaceship model that I had in my second-floor bedroom :stare:

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

I'm just glad that (so far, I'm about 50% through) there haven't been any ingredients like crystals in Portia where you need to plant some trees as soon as you can in order to have a meaningful ongoing supply of them when you end up needing a ton of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

I just finished the main story yesterday. The save file says over 210 hours but not counting idle time it was probably more like 160-170. Ultimately I think they landed the ending pretty well, but drat if there weren't a few plot beats along the way where I was like "okay, they *have* to be wrapping this up soon... never mind, here's another big project to do."

I definitely echo the other poster who said that in the final stretch they basically woke up, did whatever quests popped up that day, and then went back to bed. It seemed like there was more story than there was gameplay to support. Not a bad thing, just notable.