Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Ytlaya posted:

As another poster mentioned, I wish you could straight-up buy "templates" and then build off of those.

I'm pretty sure the template houses are in the "showroom" tab. There are about a dozen prebuilt homes of various sizes. You also don't need all the furniture they recommend to acrually build them.

I'm using the "Builder's Haven" template although moving the house around to place it ended up loving with the layout of the inside rooms for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

Whoa! Thanks, that's great!

edit: I saw that manual in the shop, but didn't know what it was

I'm not sure what the manual does since I never bought it. The show room tab is the bottom right one where all the other tabs are for building or placing things.

Sadly I think "Builder's Haven" is the only one with a name. It also feels like you should be able to download other people's showroom creations to use in your game but I'm not sure if that is a thing.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

drat, that's fancy. I also didn't realize your area could get so big. How much do the last area expansions cost? I'm currently up to 10k, which I could afford but I'm waiting to reach 20k first so I have plenty left over.

BTW what are people naming their workshops? Mine is "Dustworks," which I thought was pretty good since I'm normally terrible at naming things.

You will eventually meet someone that can give you a land buying discount when you befriend them. Even with the discount the lvl 10 upgrade will cost me 262,500 gols.

My workshop is named what I always name my bases in games, The Whorephanage.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

It would be really nice if we could order marble, granite, limestone, and slate.

Especially granite since its the best way to get agate.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Hell, it would be nice if someone other than Heidi, Owen, or Qi asked me for materials once you get to late game. Sometimes Cooper or Hugo would ask for something but not often.

I do know about the other commission board but I can't be bothered to get those people fish or fish based food.

It just seems like a lot of people in town don't want anything or stop asking for things when you progress the story enough.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

plant a Coffee Tea Tree

you can't actually use either tea leaves or coffee beans yet IIRC, but they're very popular commission board items

I believe the best way to get people to ask for non-fish-based products is to grow stuff; the game doesn't start generating requests for items until you can actually produce those items. It's the same sort of thing where the game won't let townspeople ask for Perfect-quality items until you build a Refiner

I'll do those commissions whenever they come up but they've gotten rare late game.

The museum and commissions show that the late game isn't fully implemented yet. The museum by not being able to donate upgraded tools and weapons, and commissions what I already mentioned.

Those are small things considering just how much is in this game though. I figure I have to be getting close to the end based off of the tools I was able to build, The chsinsaw snd power drill., but this game keeps surprising me.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

I’ve had a few days now where the game lets me take unlimited commissions - I’ll greedily grab them all and run back to my workshop hoping no one notices.

There are commissions that deal with story missions that don't count towards the daily quota. Heidi is usually the one that asks for them.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

LLSix posted:

I just discovered that the "large deadwood" across the bridge is how you get petrified wood. Thought I'd mention it in case anyone else was confused too. Not all of the deadwood in that region just the ones with the special "large deadwood" name, or something like that.

Now I just need to find aluminum. I'm Rebuilding the water tower.

There is an area past the Yakmel farm that has it. Just remember to bring the hazmat suit.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

I unlocked the salvage subscription. It doesn't give a lot at base level, but it also seems to last multiple months or something? Not sure if I want to upgrade it. ~5000 is affordable, but not trivial. Does it reasonably pay itself off?

Some of the dialogue options in this are really vicious. Who actually says "I don't like salvaging with you" to Venti when she asks you on the third salvaging date?! She knows full well that you salvage by yourself all the time, too, so it's basically just insulting her.

Also, the quest where you apprehend the water-wasters with Burgess is hilarious.

The salvage contract lasts until a new year starts so yeah, it will absolutely pay itself off as long as you start it in fall. Hell, it might srill be worth it getting it in early winter considering how much poo poo it sends you.

You also need to remember to go back and redo the allotments when you find new scrap as rhat gets added.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Yeah, Pen is good in that regard too. He is such a smug, arrogant rear end in a top hat and the VA plays it well.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Sending them to the mines also helps broaden their horizons because they'll meet all kinds of anthropomorphic animals!

I guess it would get old when the rats won't stop complaing about Deputy Captain.

That reveal is one of my favorite moments in the game, I couldn't stop laughing! They even hint at it a few times.

This game can have some good but utterly bizarre humor.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

If you need a recipe and it isn't being sold/sent to your mailbox you have to advance the main story.

It is possible to get resources before the recipe by killing certain monsters. I'm assuming there is a monster that drops those across the bridge you build but I'm not 100% on that.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

fancy stats posted:

Kind of spoiler-related question (?) relating to a chest: there's a chest under a bridge on the path to the bend that I seemingly can't access now that there's a river flowing through it. I'm sure I'm not missing a whole lot, but seeing the icon is bugging me. Am I SOL?

I'm having a related problem with a chest next to the apartments. I've looked all over and scanned the sky but can't find it. That icon is just taunting me now.

Edit: You can also keep refinising an item for 1 of whatever gem it uses to try for different stats. Its random so it might take some time to get what you need. Its great when every piece of clothing has 5% or 10% more crit chance.

I really like the weapon stat that can give you haste.

limp_cheese fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Nov 26, 2023

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

If you open your map while on a playdate there are red icons on the map that show you things you can do.

As the game progresses there will be more options vaialable but there still isn't a lot.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Yeah, Mi-An is constantly working even if we don't exactly see it. There's at least 1 if not 2 quests that directly deal with her working herself to death and the importance of taking breaks.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

FireWorksWell posted:

Spoilers for stuff around A Bridge Too Far main quest

I really do enjoy how these characters develop, I mean, what the hell, I did NOT expect Elsie to get a glow up like that this game is great lmao

Neither did I and it conpletely changed my opinion of them.

This game does a superb job of making the town feel alive. Characters change, some leave, new ones arrive, the town itself gets new structures. Sure, there are not too many interactions with most of the new people, butI'm not upset because this game has enough people in it already.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

I missed out on Venti because she kept on saying I could use the salvage yard for free but I had 10s of thousand of gils so saving 200 didn't interest me.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Unlucky7 posted:

So after a festival, is there a way to get access to the festival shop again? I just did the Day of Memories and I meant to spend more of my tokens but I moved onto the next day and I couldn't find the shop. No big loss but I wanted to fill out my house and get those stat bonuses.

I'm pretty sure there is a register at the back of City Hall that sells that stuff.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

New update just dropped.

Seems to add a new dungeon, a poo poo load of kickstarter items for kickestarters(?), and a bunch of new social things including more marriage content.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

buglord posted:

So how do I handle museum donations in sandrock? I don’t appear to have enough medium item shelves in the museum to donate all my belongings to. Is there a way to expand the museum or do I have to deposit an item in the museum, get the donation credit, then take it back and put something new, rinse repeat?

You can continue donating and anything that isn't displayed is put into "storage".

Depending on how far along you are the museum will eventually get an expansion but you still won't have enough space for everything.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Hearing how much stock people keep around really makes me feel like a hoardsr. I always keep at least 200 of each smelted bar and at least 50 of any processed resource. Sometimes more depending on if I use it a bunch.

Its gotten to the point I've stopped most scrap from being delivered to my house unless it's the end game stuff. Even then the deliveries are mainly artifacts and just a few token end game scrapjust in case.

I also went overboard on the rain collectors and regularly have over 1k dew.

I usually spend my days collecting any resources I run low on, mostly petrified wood, granite, or sulfur if I want to make a bunch of rifle ammo.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

tudabee posted:

Oh, thank goodness, thank you. I thought he said something like "in X days" so I assumed it was timed

They say that for a lot of missions and it worried me at first, but that is just flavor text. If you wait a whole year to give him that paint he will act like you gave it to him the day he requested it.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

my bony fealty posted:

I've been trying to date Grace and we are full hearts but she rejects me still. I assume there's something locked behind the story progression I haven't got to yet so I will just keep plugging along and rejecting the other nerds who like me. Heidi, Qi, Venti, and Unsuur all rejected so far.

I'm trying to date Grace too but the Grace romance seems to be a very late game thing. She ends up leaving for a bit because of something related to her archeology degree.

For reference Catori Land was just finished in my game so I HAVE to be close to the end.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

And Heidi lives with her dad and Grandma.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Mordiceius posted:

The high point for me in the game is the Battle of Sandrock and it feels like that should be the climax. Except... that's only 60% through the main story.

Especially with all the revelations that come with it.