Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Am I making the right move waiting for some more patches to roll through before picking up this game? Haven't kept the closest eye on the game, but I know I'm going to pick it up eventually and I'm just trying to figure out what still needs polish before I take the plunge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I think I'll snag 2nd place by the end of my first Spring in the game. Still plodding away at getting the level 2/3 workshop/assembly stuff. Need to make more money to buy more land too. I suppose sheds and coops should be a target as well. I still need a dang kitchen.

Also, I got a sewing machine relic as a gift. Does it serve any actual purpose or is it just a cosmetic furnishing?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Canuckistan posted:

Well shiiiiiit. Just got hit by a game breaking bug. I can't build planter boxes because I don't have the planter planbook. My inventory must have been full when I got the quest and it dropped the book. The quest also timed out or never really started as it's no longer in my journal. WHatsherface thinks that the quest is ongoing and won't do poo poo for me.

I looked it up and the devs know this is an issue. Guess it's time to restart. On the plus side I can start whooping Higgins rear end right from day 1 instead of wasting 10 days figuring poo poo out.

Can you use a large planter box from the church? Just a couple data discs and you get the jumbo planter.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
1st martial arts tournament

1st round, i gotta fight russo

i get him, just barely, 2/3 times

i go throughout the rest of my day

my game crashes before i go to bed

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Well, I think I'll be alright. Replayed the day, I'll probably be facing the dude in the finals, but I was spared a round one showdown. Honestly, I struggled because I've been ignoring sparring for the most part.:v:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

skeleton warrior posted:

what

why would you be friends with Higgins

Spite

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Tried loading the game up today with my new pc and the graphics were kinda hosed depending on the angle I had looking out to the horizon. Gonna see if adjusting any settings helps with it, but it's gonna be a bummer if I have to tune things down.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Optimized my settings through Nvidia and things are working fine again

Weird

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I have not started Sandrock yet since I figure there will be more patches to come. But I wanted to make sure I bought it since I'm definitely down for another game like Portia.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Venti seems cool, but I'm too dang grinding to make up my mind about leaving the bachelor lifestyle. Mi-an owns a lot though

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Jack Trades posted:

Are you supposed to be able to fix this with a Feather Duster?

I have never been able to make a feather duster to work on that. I have to pick up the machines and place them back down to get rid of that icon.

I've been told it's a known glitch where you can't fully dust something, and that if you pick it up and replace it that should fix the issue for a bit.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Tired Moritz posted:

I rate the villagers based on if they give you free poo poo to your mail

I am so sick of receiving potted plants

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Jack Trades posted: