Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
From what I've seen of the other 3D-farm likes, the big thing that separates Portia from the rest is the variety of the grind instead of reducing grind. Eco is another one that could potentially be good, if they somehow figure out how to separate single-player sensibilities with its primarily multiplayer aspects in respects to that grind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has that horse statue looming over their bed.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Perestroika posted:

Though on the other hand, if you put relics outside your house, there's a chance that any passerby will be super impressed by them and grant you like +30 relation with them.

Plus, having a giant llama and a giant horse on either side of your fence gate just feels right :v:

The museum performs a similar function, though only for +10 and fairly uncommon. I'll maybe see it pop up about once a week.

There's a giant llama?! :3:

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

For the tree farm quest, you can request both options. You'll pay a higher initial datadisc fee to have both blueprints right off the bat but it comes out the same if you selected one then and bought the other from the Research Center later on. I dug a lot in the mines and was flush with discs by the time that quest became available.

Also you can just faint from exhaustion at 3:00 in the morning in the middle of bumfuck nowhere without consequence. You'll just wake up in bed with all your stamina at the same time as you normally do. I've done this a number of times when I'm doing some fishing in the desert areas and I didn't bring my horse with me.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

If they are like Emperor fish: They can be bred in the fish display but it's slow, they don't care what food they get, they can die but in my game there's always an indicator when they're hungry that I haven't missed yet.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

I was rocking the kung-fu pants for a good long while.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Just lol if you aren't falling over backwards in some unknown corner of the world instead of going to bed.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

The funny thing about those sorts of invisible walls is that you can get pretty high by jumping a lot while pressing into them. You can peer into places like the tree farm well before you're allowed to enter.

Once you're allowed to visit those invisible walls disappear =(

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Nope, it's the best place for fishing if you're looking to maximize cash. Gladiator fish show up in both later locations but along side things like Koi or Bubblefish.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Don't complete your combo, hesitate after the second hit to reset the string and repeat. Everyone you punch battle cannot react fast enough to break out of stun-lock. Even if your timing is off you're in a better position to not get punished by your combo cooldown.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

1. The items are pre-generated for the ruins but the list of items that can generate there remain static. Resetting the floor regenerates those items again and you won't miss anything permanently.

2/3. No time pressure, take the game at your own pace. Everything is tied to your progress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Nope, you're stuck feeding them. Just chuck in a bunch of food at a time and do that again once the indicator is back up.