Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
Seconding the 'expand throughput'. What a miserable time you have if you don't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Zesty posted:

I've died outside and I've just been teleported back to my home. I don't think my entire day was reset.

Same.

Bug(?): When quests add their requirements to the quest tab on a crafting area, you can craft parts from higher tiers than you should be able. I had the first smelters churning out steel for a while from this.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
Higgins decided to taunt me at some point by sending me a picture of... him eating dicks?

fappenmeister posted:

Are there solid ways of making Gol fast, aside from selling stone stools at +100% market value days?

If you don't mind sleeping a bunch you can upgrade the wood farm to get more wood to make more money to upgrade the wood farm.

Sillybones fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Jan 20, 2019

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
Remove the combat.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
Later game, capture and sell big llamas. 12k per day.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Caidin posted:

Considering how much more money you can make by not doing your presumed occupation I can't help but assume that the free cities alliance may very well be taking my rear end for a ride.

Well time to unload 5 buses I built by hand for a commission that won't pay for 30 square feet of yard space. I wonder how much Higgins shells out to actually live in town...

Higgins is an established resident builder. He has space for like two machines in a gutter. This should tell you everything.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

EponymousMrYar posted:

I bought this game in early access and it's a good, fresh take on the harvest moon style of game. It's not perfect but it does have a charm of it's own (combat is the weakest thing but whatevs.)

Just read the entire thread and here's a QoL thing I haven't seen mentioned: you can fuel furnaces with a variety of things, not just normal wood. I use hardwood as a fuel because I have gangbusters of it from before you could adjust what the tree farm/mine give you and from farming ironwood by hand.

Also because switching to electric furnaces to power everything saves on fuel quite a bit :v:

Also one of the best commissions to look out for at the start are Water Tank commissions. They're really easy to make and pay out nicely in Gol and Rep. So save some stone to turn into bricks for those.

If you want to beat Higgins ASAP, you need to go and grab your commissions between 8:00 and 8:30. Gotta snatch them out from under him because, in general, Higgins will take whatever commission pays the most in Gol.
A notable exception though: Higgins doesn't fish. He won't/hasn't ever taken a fishing commission that I've seen.
Befriend Percy for the rep point boost and don't forget to do your weekend inspections since AFAIK Higgins doesn't do them or does them really badly.

Also there's quite a few commissions that pay out more rep points than Gol in the early game, so you can use those to get a leg up on him in the rankings. I got ahead of him in the first summer and the gap has only continued to grow since then despite him getting a few story commissions from me.

The splits kind of necessary due to how the Factory will make whatever intermediates it needs in order to get the recipe done as needed.
Basically the main things you want to keep outside of the factory are whatever you need to assemble stuff. Plates, pipes, most of the stuff you find in ruins, some bars etc.

I think Higgins chooses randomly. You can cheese this so he doesn't pick up story commissions as far as I can tell.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

haldolium posted:

Thanks! does the quest go away at some point if I ignore it, or will it just be there until I take it? I mainly don't want to have him run around with the exclamation mark littering my map.

Just do it.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
Everyone knows dried apples, yeah? You have unlimited stamina in this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Verviticus posted:

eh, capturing one dumbass llama every two weeks to pay for stuff like that isnt too onerous, thankfully. the training thing is easy enough that you can do it at 2x speed

is there any way to sequence break this game? like jumping across rivers or climbing up rock faces

yeah, but on the other hand the floors can be done on like day 5 if you really wanted to

You can get in all the zones with creative jumping where some might need a horse. The resources are there but there is nothing to do with them and all the buildings and stuff don't have entrances yet so it is entirely pointless as far as I could tell. Fun though. The most interesting one is the north river. Jump to the side from the top of raised bridge and vector to the other side and release your horse when you get close and you should manage it.

All the invisible walls have tops you can walk on (at about the height of the church or higher).

Also, don't get onto the trees in the swamp and then cut them down. It took 2 hours of constantly respawning over the water before a monster managed to plink me down to zero. :downs: