Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
Unless it's been fixed in today's patch, the recycler is bugged too. When you pick an item to recycle, you choose how many of that item to recycle, but the game doesn't actually check how many you have. So you can make a good sword, put it in the recycler and select 10 pieces, and you'll get back 5-6 times more materials than you used.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

Zesty posted:

It absolutely wasn't clear to me until now that I have to buy my expanded inventory right from inside my inventory.

This is part of what makes the game clearly "unfinished". The major content is there, but there are tons of things that lack explanation and tutorials, even just a simple pop-up explaining things.

For example, I constructed a stable and bought a horse. When I bought it, I found it odd that the game didn't let me name it, so for a long time I just had a horse named Horse. When I was picking it up one morning, I by accident noticed that you can interact with the stables if you face the metal bars in the back. Where you can name the horse. And feed it. Because the horse apparently needs to be fed, despite having gone weeks without it (I just assumed it grazed or something). I have no idea what that does, but it might tie into the loyalty rating of the horse, which... I also have no idea what does. Also I can train the horse, but at least those stats are self explanatory. Maybe the loyalty rating improves training, but training was so quick I finished it long before the loyalty meter went above 50%. A tutorial here would be nice.

Also, what does "resilience" which you get on some gear and from befriending Sam do? The game doesn't say, and the stat isn't even listed on your character screen. For now I'm just assuming they copied the WoW term and it does... whatever resilience does in WoW now, I haven't played it in years.

AG3 fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Jan 19, 2019

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Rynoto posted:

It's used for daily delivered items later on once you've done an optional quest.
The tree farm quest will deliver wood daily to it

It's also used by any assistants you might have, like your spouse (if they help with workshop running) and Ack if you choose to hire him. They put stuff in there that they've gathered from your machines or crops.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler

haldolium posted:

Does storing poo poo gets better at some point? I already am a bit fatigued by managing 20 or so chests (wood and metal).

When you get the Museum, you can donate 30 items (relics, books and machinery you assemble), which will get you the recipe for a 60 slot box (twice that of the metal chest). Also, when you get the level 3 assembly yard you can set it to assemble stuff for you. It takes from 45-60 minutes in-game to finish one item, but it takes stuff from your chests without you needing to hunt down everything a recipe requires. You can also use it to assemble some stuff while you use the other side of the yard to manually assemble something else.

AG3 fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Jan 22, 2019

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Holy cow, people give you presents on your birthday

Like, a lot of them, if you've made friends

I didn't get any because they added that a few days after mine had passed :saddowns:

Oh well, maybe next year.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

In my quest for absolute efficiency I have flown too close to the sun and got a C-difficulty commission in the second week. I thought it was for the DeeDee, since that's what the mayors been talking about, but it's actually for a DeeDee Stop which I don't even have the recipe for yet

I did this exact same thing early in my game. I should read the commissions closer.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler
I think you can actually enter the tree farm once the quest to help him is available, just walk up to the gates. Unless I'm remembering wrong. Otherwise, wait until he heads home for the evening.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler

haldolium posted:

I "prefer" the ruins, took me around 4 runs (floor 1+2 twice) to get around 17 or 20, which was half a day of work. I keep forgetting about the inspection, though I don't like that minigame that much either. Some errors are extremely obscure.

If you have an excess of Eye Glass you can just make the Magnifying Glass. If you have some of those and hit the middle mouse button while inspecting, it'll light up the error on the item. I find it pretty much mandatory later on, especially on errors that are only really visible if you look at them from a very specific angle.

Using them doesn't lower the rating or reward you get either, so it's a decent way to ace the harder inspections.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler

haldolium posted:

Thanks. I entirely forgot about the Magnifying Glass and never even knew how it worked after I got one the first time.

I didn't either at first; I thought it was a passive item due to how obvious the very earliest flaws are, and when I got to the really hard ones later I was like "boy am I glad I have the Magnifying Glass now, otherwise this would've been even worse!". Then a few hours later the brain kicked in about that whole number of Magnifying Glasses held up top of the screen, then I noticed the button mapping list at the bottom :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Canuckistan posted:

Well shiiiiiit. Just got hit by a game breaking bug. I can't build planter boxes because I don't have the planter planbook. My inventory must have been full when I got the quest and it dropped the book. The quest also timed out or never really started as it's no longer in my journal. WHatsherface thinks that the quest is ongoing and won't do poo poo for me.

I looked it up and the devs know this is an issue. Guess it's time to restart. On the plus side I can start whooping Higgins rear end right from day 1 instead of wasting 10 days figuring poo poo out.

The planter box book is also sold in Sophie's store. I guess it makes sense since she's Emily's grandma. Probably too late now though if you were restarting :v: