Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Intermediate range missiles travel lower and faster, like 5 minutes from a Russian launch to Berlin. Because of this they’re harder to react too with positive confirmation. If you think a bunch of missiles are minutes away from striking do you retaliate or do you wait?

Hence why everyone had the bright idea of just banning them since if nobody had them you couldn’t accidentally misidentify a launch and kick off the apocalypse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Golf is the sport of the bourgeois:thunk:

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Secret restrictions are what those With capital use to oppress those who labor.

SMDFTB

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Sportsball question for those of you on the know: what makes a punt a punt? Does the offense have to declare it ahead of time? Is it only if the designated punter kicks it? Or can the QB just decide to pretend to do something on 4th and then have someone just surprise kick it?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Sarah posted:

Yay go sports.

Also uh McNally what is up with that probation reason earlier? I’m slightly concerned.

McNally posted:

"My darling Sarah, I fear the outbreak of shitposting has grown quite severe. Another man from my company has succumbed to its foul discharges. At this rate there will be none left to carry on. Sarah, if I should succumb do not mourn me. Think I am gone, and find me in the Leper's Colony. There, reunited together, you can suck my dick from the back."

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

It’s metastasized. America has terminal brain worms :brainworms:

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
We have yet another pets.com entrant into the dotcom bubble 3.0 preliminary rounds

https://twitter.com/FoldableHuman/status/1092847048565481472

whole thread about how Patreon, despite being a stable, profitable, low overhead platform, isn't meeting investor growth targets. And how those investors are ready to cannibalize it.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

This is really good. Well, it was really bad, but the article was good

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

psydude posted:

Duckworth is the only national Dem I'd volunteer for.

There's no current Dem candidate that I want to volunteer for and thats not good because I want to volunteer. If I don't have enthusiasm then there are statistically something like 25,000 dem voters just like me who also lack enthusiasm. But because of the world as it exists I'm going to end up volunteering for a dem anyway in a very lesser of eight mediocre's style. :sadpeanut:

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

mlmp08 posted:

Man, if Warren's heritage becomes analogous to Hillary's Email coverage in the quantity of press when the current president bragged about sexual assault and has been involved in numerous, documented, court-adjudicated charity/education/employment/discrimination cases, I don't know... I'm going to begin to suspect that the US has a real problem with latent bigotry against women or something!

:airquote: suspect :airquote:

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Fallom posted:

The chuds are trying valiantly to back him up in the comments yet are getting torn to shreds

How do boomers this stupid even find a way to log in to Twitter?

In order to sustain unsustainable growth the barrier to internet entry is constantly lowered by the VCs

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

FAUXTON posted:

chuds are just plain creatures of unquenchable spite

give a tankie a ushanka and healthcare and he'll be right as rain

I will campaign on a platform of free mental health care and fuzzy hats for D&D posters then.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

shame on an IGA posted:

D&D is all succzone centrists, you gotta play to C-SPAM

CSPAM is a reliable voting block. My lanyard team of pollsters have told me that I must appeal to the neoliberal middle because all of those easy going posters up north don't vote anyway.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

That is two too few

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

holocaust bloopers posted:

To be fair, if it were me that headline would’ve read “President Bloopers installed a full-size flight simulator to pretend fly DCS: F-14 Tomcat.”

You know as the president you could probably get a feature full F-22 or F-35 cockpit sim with the 4x projectors on a full dome with surround sound.

They have those and they're multiplayer :yooge:

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

As optimistic Spirits 1944 days was the fact that Oppurtunity roved for a whopping 5250 days is drat mindboggling.

F

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Milo and POTUS posted:

Jesus loving christ. We really don't have a prayer, do we.

Valar Morghulis.

Mortality still holds.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
To be fair as far as online baggage in TYOOL 2019 that's pretty mundane and probably wouldn't even disqualify the guy from a political campaign.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

BadOptics posted:

I can vote in NC, so all of my candidates probably have worn blackface if we're going by what VA's norms are.....

Have you? No? Then run for a local office

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Milo and POTUS posted:

It's almost as if that's by design

Welcome to capitalism, please mandatorily deposit all wealth in your cubicle.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Kaep is still probably better than a third of the starting QBs in the league because holy gently caress is there a lack of NFL compatible QB talent coming out of college.

NFL compatible means at least 8 TBI's right? We have been cutting back on those starting with the peewee leagues lately.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

sharknado slashfic posted:

Please, tell us about your favorite animes

Batman the Animated Series ofc

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

mlmp08 posted:

Rookies make roughly 500K/year their first couple of years averaged out, and the average NFL career is like 3 years. That's after doing all of the goddamned football for their youth and playing for free in college. If you're a rookie and only do 3 years and don't become a mid-tier pay longer-term player, you've just smashed your body/mind into the game nonstop from probably age 6 to age 25 and walk away with 1.5 million, pre-tax/expenses. And :rip: if you are a rising star about to get mad contracts and then get hurt or something else that ends or significantly derails the career.

So like 15 years of enlistment but accomplished in only 3? Lose-lose!

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Flikken posted:

Players are getting less than half of the revenue, are you arguing owners should get more? Most of that revenue comes from TV contracts not tickets and concessions.

I think he means that all stadium revenue should go back to the municipality since the area is what's actually paying for the stadium in the first place.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Flikken posted:

Agreed but he was also arguing for less salary for the players.

Personally I'd argue for 'removing' the owners permenantly and paying the players a good and consistent wage. Rich sportsball owners are a pox on the nation.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
I have trouble believing thats not a troll youtube channel. Reality has gone from internet trolls to quintuple false flag MSM ringers

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
The internet is trolls all the way down :hmmyes:

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

All for curing this evil of their heads

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Proud Christian Mom posted:

offer pro sports owners and leagues a deal. they either buy the stadiums and pay back taxes on every loving dime with interest, or we nationalize it.

Alternately: Pay back the public funding AND nationalize

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Bored As gently caress posted:

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA gently caress thats terrible.

Huawei is literally an arm of the Chinese intelligence agency and Trump gives no fucks either.

But they have lower prices than Cisco!? :confused: Capitalism bad?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

On my 2019 dream sheet is 'at a televised congressional hearing AOC asks old white billionaire if they believe that their money is enough to keep their head attached'

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

shame on an IGA posted:

I and my first edition copy have been waiting for this day

Can we get a scanned pdf for posterity. I've only ever seen pieces.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
I also wouldn’t be surprised to find out that over half of thermofisher’s supply chain is chinese based

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Woof Blitzer posted:

What do they call a nothingburger in France?

Macron

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Wouldn’t that quantity of carfentynl be just as difficult to produce as a real nerve agent? If it’s something you can make in a shed I’d expect more people to be making it rather than importing heroin.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

hobbesmaster posted:

I hope that isn't code for nukes.

*checks calender*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006