Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
A LAWYER WORKED WITH BAD PEOPLE!?!? lol what is the world coming to?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Hot Karl Marx posted:

https://facts.elizabethwarren.com/

Hmm I dunno if this is a good idea

No one gives a poo poo about what's on a candidates website

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Are you ready for some foooootbawwwww!?!?!?!?!?!

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Only thing worse than that game was the halftime performance.

The Saints would have won

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
All future American politicians must be blind and gelded and allowed only to communicate through BuzzFeed quizzes that have been scrubbed of any controversial statements.

Undoubtedly over the years there would still be scandals with coded quiz answers, but it would preserve for many the illusion that are leaders arent horrible sociopaths!

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
why the gently caress does everyone say apoplectic now adays? I keep loving seeing it and I never saw it before the aborted second season of true detective.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Huh those are some impressive tweets for someone that old

Kawasaki Nun fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Feb 8, 2019

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
It's triggerless! You point and yell shoot to shoot!

Kawasaki Nun fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Feb 8, 2019

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
ALL OF THIS WEAPONS ACTIONS ARE ELECTRONIC SO CHECK YOUR CHARGE BEFORE YOU LEAVE THE WIRE! THERE IS NO EXTERNAL BATTERY SUPPORT!

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
"Yeah old water noodles. We pressure compress recycled pool toys and sell it to the government for a 10000% mark up. Well, it's like Rummy said, you go to war with the army you got right? Ahahahah" - Steve Jobs of the weapons industry

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
As if college Republicans needed any help to be found gross and unsettling they now have a whole organization dedicated to showing the world what they actually think.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
I mean the worm likes Kim, can he really be that bad?!?

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
I want my future children to collect billionaire scalps, just like their ol'man used to!

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Hell yeah baby play the loving fiddle then!!!

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Aren't some seed banks also getting wrecked by climate change

Kawasaki Nun fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Feb 10, 2019

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

wow this guy manages to be contradictory in his denials. A true fox news broadcaster!

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Hmmm who has less business being on the package?

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

The Iron Rose posted:

deadbeat dads who abandon their children and actively refuse to pay child support or cooperate with state garnishment of assets should go to jail. If they were willing to pay in the first place, they wouldn't have been prosecuted for nonpayment of child support.

Maybe we should just execute them!!

Edit: It's interesting to see the number of people who want to see additional fast tracks to prison. Do none of you keep up with the problems of the American carceral system or do you just not give a poo poo about how the kind of policies you are proposing damage American communities?

"getting" someone because they managed to avoid jail on other crimes is not a worthwhile or defensible system. All this tough on crime talk sounds like you've had some bad experiences and want to hurt other people.

Kawasaki Nun fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Feb 11, 2019

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

LingcodKilla posted:

Feels like a few of you are picturing yourselves as the deadbeat dad rather than the actual victims.

If you can't hold down a kitchen job to have your pay garnished what exactly are you doing for society?

lol join the military

Yeah why aren't these men champing at the bit for a minimum wage job that the government can garnish?

Hey maybe you could just pick out the ones you don't like and we could sterilize them like back in the good ol days

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Casimir Radon posted:

Yeah. Better just let them continue being deadbeats since they won't follow the rules anyway.

Occasionally these people actually meet their obligations after being unable to for a certain period of time. If they are in jail they have a bunch of additional court fees and probation fees and missed time for court that gobbles up the money that could otherwise go to their families.

Its interesting that we are revisiting the idea of debtors prison. Hell you guys have even reconstructed the righteous indignation that came along with the concept the first time. What you are proposing has been tried and failed. Fixing the problems with the family court systems isn't nearly as simple as "jail deadbeats" and the fact that any of you seem to think it is that simple really indicates you have 0 clue what the gently caress you're talking about.

edit: me pointing out that you guys are clueless is not the same as me saying nothing should be done, for the record.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

The Iron Rose posted:

They're not holding down a job or enlisting anyways, because doing so means Mom gets some money and gently caress that bitch, right?

Obviously the state should be providing support for childcare. But it's not, and I like to make policy based on the world we live in, not the world we wished we lived in. If deadbeat dads really don't want to pay their child support and refuse to contribute productively to society, then they should be punished with prison time.

No, the child isn't getting any money from the father, but the child wasn't getting any money from the father anyways and this establishes a significant and severe consequence for nonpayment. It also gets borderline abusive parents who would otherwise not be caught in the domestic abuse net out of their child's lives.

Honestly I already liked Klobuchar, this is really just cementing my primary vote.

Yeah because deterrence works so well in every other aspect of our criminal justice system for the indigent. You have stupid ideas that will only create more misery, but hey if you feel good proposing them then I guess that's really is what is important.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Chichevache posted:

I'm ok with making deadbeat dads miserable. :shrug:

I'm getting the impression there are a lot of people you feel superior to who you are OK with making miserable.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Chichevache posted:

Just wannabe psychoanalysts on the internet.

Well you're someone arguing for failed policies that will hurt people because it'd make you feel better. Maybe some real psychoanalysis off the internet would be worthwhile.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

LingcodKilla posted:

This is a great example actually. That idiot makes a ton of money from his music then commits violent crimes for fun. He’s the exact kind of person who should be locked up for life to protect society.

a great example of what? He is facing life in prison and the threat of jail obviously did not deter his crimes even though he had a ton to lose. If anything it speaks to how little prison sentences serve to deter crime.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

LingcodKilla posted:

Oh no the guy with poor impulse control won’t be around to hurt more people.

You can’t fix everyone.

Hey we finally have determined your actual position with respect to criminal justice reform and the efficacy of deterrence.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

that's a pretty big move with no benefit to Russia

Russian consulates have been caught moving weight a couple times so its not inconceivable that they move in some of the same circles.

Though maybe Chapo was the competition so now the ruskies are top dog for moving snow

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Yes I'm a spy, no I can't talk about it - a sof marine

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Hell yeah hopefully other industries are taking notice.

The democratic party sucks but at this point I'd be pretty happy with FEMA death camps forcing people to be vaccinated and eat organic food so I might not have the most balanced view. The fact that Donald Trump is president means I'll happily adopt any policy that means his presidency ends sooner rather than later.

Kawasaki Nun fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Feb 19, 2019

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
lol wow amy klobuchar genuinely loving sucks

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Jarmak posted:

The Twitter post is not an accurate characterization of that article.

The proposal is to train special USAID teams to work in hostile environments where they need to coordinate with military forces (the article gives special forces as an example) for security because currently they don't have the capability to do anything other than hole up in the capital if the country is dangerous.

It seems like this would make USAID workers higher priority targets in hostile environments for their potential knowledge of local military assets, communication protocols, etc etc?

It be nice if the world had reason to trust our aid workers and this doesn't necessarily seem like a step in the right direction

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
ahhahah that's a pretty strong statement by Kamala's father. I wonder how you shake that one off?

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Casimir Radon posted:

Whatever. I'm not the one who got all pissed off that people were doubting an incredibly dubious story. A mentally ill actor went and gave the Chuds more red meat. Which was what I thought was happening from the beginning.

Congrats on being right. I know its a big day for you so take some time to bask in it. You picked the new guy to replace the people from the early 90s as the example of how victims of crimes lie. Bravo.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Jarmak posted:

Given how much he/she was poo poo on for expressing a reasonable and very reserved level of skepticism I think it's kind of ridiculous to attack him for being "smug" now. There was weird poo poo about this whole thing from the get-go that made me really nervous because when assholes do poo poo like this it sets back all sorts of progress from BLM and the recognition of racial injustice and I wanted in every way for the investigation to prove my anxiety to be wrong.

This is the same "reality as team sport" bullshit that Trump cultists do "we can never admit facts that are bad for us, if you do it's because you're bad faith working for the other team, if it turns out the facts are correct you were still wrong because you were only saying those right things in bad faith to help the other team not because you believed them".

Yes everyone citing cases from the 80s and 90s as reasons to be skeptical were "reasonable" because in this instance they were ultimately correct.

Perhaps a reasonable third option would have been letting an investigation move beyond it's preliminary stages before saying you don't believe it?

But yeah both sides or whatever. Thanks for keeping us on an even keel.

I don't give a gently caress that people had doubts or articulated them. I cared that people posted isolated incidents from decades in the past as their rationale for harboring those doubts. So gently caress off with the reality is a team game bullshit

Kawasaki Nun fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Feb 21, 2019

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Kill all tow truck drivers

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Woof Blitzer posted:

The tow truck drivers that work for the city here are heroes and under my protection

Kill all parking enforcement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Why the gently caress is Pelosi asking us? Congress has the power to investigate so she should figure it the gently caress out. It's not up to the people to provide answers to Congress.

Though if she wanted a hint maybe she should start with the numerous papers examining the cost savings effects that single payer would have for the nation.