Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
It's by the Sexy Brutale devs, so it could potentially be good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Sleeping Dogs is the real best John Woo game.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

MMF Freeway posted:

Far as I'm concerned at this point the ending of ep 2 is the ending and HL just happens to have the saddest, most hopeless finale in all of video games
I mean Episode 3's ending was going to be even more hopelessly bleak; The Combine Empire is so vast and powerful that The Borealis is just like shooting a spitwad at a tank and Gordon has no hope of defeating them.

Valve wrote themselves into a corner with The Combine, they made them way too powerful a threat in a setting where the only way they could have been feasibly defeated is by complete asspull.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Feb 5, 2019

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
I really getting the feeling I'm never getting a re-release of Nightmare Ned from Disney.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

C-Euro posted:

E: actually that's a good chat thread flash poll- what is the best video game based solely on Disney IP? They have to have owned the IP when the game came out so no old Star Wars games.
Nightmare Ned.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
I'd be surprised if Nintendo made Ike being gay officially canon. (He totally is gay, but I just don't see Nintendo admitting it.)

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

The Longest Journey has incredible music. I never played the sequel games, tempted to though since I'm sure my laptop can actually run them now as they're like a decade old at this point.
Dreamfall is really great and Chapters, while the weakest of the three, is still quite good and gives the series the ending it needed.

TLJ is absolutely fantastic, I love it with all my heart.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Feb 6, 2019

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Wamdoodle posted:

did someone say bortnite?
My son's name is also Bortnite.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

DLC Inc posted:

EA should say gently caress it and just have this new idiot battle royale be the moneymaker while they reinvest into Dead Space.

There was recently an Ars Technica "war stories" video on the making of Dead Space that is excellent, and it's now the highest-viewed vid on the channel at 3 million views. I think the audience is there for it, especially with how well RE2 is doing.

Here's the vid btw because it owns https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQ3iqq49Ew8
EA killed Visceral though.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Sakurazuka posted:

Bad taste, Chris' boyfriend died at the end of RE6
That was his second boyfriend, his first one died at the end of 5.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
I just don't like how battle royale games are designed at all and they're pretty the entirety of new multiplayer games at this point.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Jay Rust posted:

What's the best movie adaptation of a video game? I've only ever seen Prince of Persia, which was bad
The Street Fighter 2 anime movie and Professor Layton and the Eternal Diva are both good.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
The ironic thing with Hollywood video game adaptions is they barely ever adapt games that could actually really work as movies.

Like Grim Fandango could make for an amazing animated movie and you could fit the whole story into one standalone film.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
I miss Jump Super Stars.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

al-azad posted:

Layoffs are completely alien to me. I just don't understand how you can call someone at the end of the day saying not to come into work tomorrow. How is that poo poo not illegal? If it's a requirement that you have to give someone 30-60 days notice before an eviction, the same requirement should be in place for layoffs.

e: So the WARN act does require 60 days prior to layoffs but it's only for "massive layoffs" which is defined as an absurdly high 33% minimum. It should be federally mandated two weeks minimum and I would vote for anyone running on that platform.
I assume you ain't American, because yeah, we're a capitalist hellscape; the Cold War and Reagan made sure of that.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Glados is your friend and would never hurt you.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Steve2911 posted:

Probably something to do with having a two party system in which both parties are more right wing than... Most right wing parties.

The UK is hosed in a million ways but it's amazing how resistant the US is to giving its citizens even the most basic human rights.
We were founded by a bunch of rich white male slaveowners that only wanted to give rich white male landowners rights; we're working by design.

Also I hope Psychonauts 2 will be good. I didn't back it, but I will buy it Day 1 if its good.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Feb 13, 2019

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

precision posted:

Now that Apex is more popular than Christianity, one hopes cooler heads prevail and they tune the pricing. $18 for a character skin is a real steep ask.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6HYzfEZPXc

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Really Pants posted:

What are some good videogame romances? There have to be at least a handful by now. I think Farah and the Prince had a pretty good thing going in Prince of Persia: Sands of Time, even if the sequels shot it to hell.

Yuri and Alice (Shadow Hearts)
Mo and Ben (Full Throttle)
Geralt and Yen (Witcher)
JJ and Emily (The Missing)
Doomguy and the BFG 9000 (Doom)

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
One of the worst Bioware romances is still EDI and Joker.

Great job at ruining what was an interesting relationship in 2 by turning into EDI into a anatomically correct fembot, guys.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Cowcaster posted:

wonder how all those telltale devs ended up
The ones working on the last season of Walking Dead got hired by Skybound to finish it. Don't know if they're going to stick around there though.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Jay Rust posted:

What would you like to see in a MM2 (Mario maker 2)?
Hotel Mario

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Ah, I see this is the R. Lee Ermey English course.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
The Netflix Castlevania cartoon is legit super good too, it fleshes out the cast of Castlevania 3 and Curse of Darkness a ton.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Feb 16, 2019

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Taintrunner posted:

Did anyone add Anthem to the bioware story cliche chart yet

Lol I didn't realize this was made by the Ant Man. (Not to be confused with the non-far right shithead Marvel superhero)

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Reminder to play The Missing because SWERY is a cool dude and not a shithead like the Persona guy.

Samuringa posted:

I finished Berseria. After 8 months.

Still a good game.
It is.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

a glitch posted:

Wait what did the persona guy do?
He's a big homophobe/transphobe. The new Catherine remake has an ending that pretty much states that Erica, a fully transitioned straight transwoman, would be better off if she was a cis gay man. Not to mention the stuff that was already in the original Catherine and all the gay panic in the Persona games since 3.

Time really has been cooling my love of Persona 4.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Feb 16, 2019

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Also they still deadname Erica in the credits of the remake which is just a great indication of how super petty and spiteful they are and not just ignorant or anything like that.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

corn in the bible posted:

ah yes, persona 4, the game where a guy is accepted because he's only feminine and not GAY, that'd be GROSS, what a WEIRDO
Can't have a woman that likes being androgynous, gotta force her to look more traditionally feminine.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
I really wish there was something good to fill that Persona niche of urban fantasy with a focus of also balancing your normal life type stuff.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Yakuza can be magical realist at times (Like cursed videotape ghosts being real), but I really wouldn't call it outright urban fantasy. Also you're not really managing Kiryu, Majima, or any of the other protags' lives.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Feb 16, 2019

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Fun fact: Michael Bell voiced Guts in the English dub of that game so Guts, Raziel from Legacy of Kain, and Drew Pickles from Rugrats all have the same VA.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Viewtiful Jew posted:

There's that EA game turned into a cartoon where a football franchise gets mutated and players regularly get limbs dismembered but because they're mutants they can grow them back and it was okay to show on TV I guess, I remember I think?
Mutant League Football.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
It's The Suffering. It's a real good game and it's been on GOG for some time now. Skip the sequel though, it sucks.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
RIP Bioware

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
DMC5 is just going to end with Nero ending up in Scalebound.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
*Samurai Goroh pops out of a manhole and says Falcon-chan*

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
And even if the last area and final boss sucks, the actual ending is real good.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

oddium posted:

in mgs1 sniper wolf talks about how big boss took her away from a life on the battlefield and it's v funny to me to imagine him fultoning her
"Hey kid, want a balloon?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
That's what Yoshi gets for not paying his taxes.