Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

FirstAidKite posted:

Why does ace combat 7 have so many negative reviews on steam, is it a bad port? Yesterday it was sitting at "mostly negative" and this morning it is sitting at "mixed"

njsykora posted:

Flight sim nerds got mad at it for not having Hotas (2 part big nerd flight sticks) support.

Pwnstar posted:

The Steam forums continue to be a garbage fire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

exquisite tea posted:

Allegedly it has a lot of other problems too, such as not going above 1080p resolution.

That's not something you give the minimum score though

They're just being idiots

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Infinitum posted:

Can you make Metroid Prime 4? :qq:

That’s what they’re actually doing. Instead of an Unreal Engine logo you’ll see Made With Dreams

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Gotta die to respawn again

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Taintrunner posted:

The new Ace Combat needs to be made illegal because it’s all I can think about now.

Same

I’m still on Baby Easy mode and it’s giving me a healthy challenge, so I think Normal and Hard are gonna give me my money’s worth in play value.

Edit: gently caress yeah just this minute I made enough to afford an F-35

Edit: lol, throwing some shade on the F-35 by hiding the F-22 after it

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Feb 2, 2019

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Taintrunner posted:

There is no SP difficulty setting that will prepare you for the raw power of the railgun in AC7 and honestly I consider it a flaw

Okay I tried it to blow up the river platforms.

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Feb 2, 2019

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
gently caress yeah I just beat Arsenal Bird, I hope you burn in hell you flying beehive

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Sabrina the Teenage Witch is in the Westphall chart, and they’re in the same universe as Mortal Kombat, maybe we can connect tv and games

Edit: come to think of it, Mortal Kombat has a lot of tv and movie crossovers, maybe it can be the Kevin Bacon of both mediums

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
How is it compared to last year? I hear the new 2018 patch lowers your score drastically

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Phantasium posted:

i'm so loving salty about the final mission of AC7 right now, god drat

Me in the PS4 thread:

Steve Yun posted:

The finale of Ace Combat 7 is the biggest gently caress you I’ve come across in a while.

First they expect you to catch two greased pigs on cocaine swinging lightsabers in their mouths.

Then they expect you to catch eight greased pigs.

Then one more greased pig.

Ok you win, whew that felt amazing.

No wait gently caress you now you have to chase a greased pig into a garden hose.

Edit now the pig is crawling up my rear end in a top hat

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
“Legends” just makes any title feel like a cash in or nostalgia crutch.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Shindragon posted:

Excuse you Megaman legends was not a cash in. :colbert:

I didn’t say they are cash ins. I said it makes them sound like cash ins.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The Half-Life universe is pretty generic alien post-apocalypse with a silent protagonist, Valve made the right decision knowing that so many developers have surpassed them in terms of both FPS storytelling and gameplay that there was a 100% chance HL3/Episode 3 would be considered a disappointment

While it’s true HL3 might have been a disappointment, we know that’s not the real reason it was canceled

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
I dunno Bob Iger kinda seems like a more reasonable guy than that. Didn’t he replace Eisner because he understood digital distribution and didn’t antagonize iTunes and other forward thinking business models?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Roth posted:

Not sure. I'm playing RE2 right now and it's not making a whole lot of noise, but maybe if I put KH3 in it'll get insane.

If the model number is CUH-7000 it’s the loud one .

CUH-7100 is slightly quieter

CUH-7200 is more quiet

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

homeless snail posted:

I think I'm going to have to format my ps4... PT, I'm sorry...

Why

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

homeless snail posted:

it consistently crashes whenever I try to close a game or go into rest mode. playing games works just fine but you just can't quit em. system menu is also getting progressively slower as I try to fix stuff so I think its just hosed Up and needs a wipe

See if you can backup PT to an external first

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Infinity Blade 1, 2 and 3 have relatively full fledged dodge/block/party sword fighting and RPG leveling up mechanics.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

In Training posted:

None of those games exist anymore

Whoa what the gently caress

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

precision posted:

Cynical inclusiveness is still inclusiveness,

I’m gonna steal this and put it in my pocket for future use.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

If you’re gonna steal, steal from the best

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Barudak posted:

So roughly 12 million hours of cutscenes, an open world, and an unfinished and unsatisfying ending.

So what you’re saying is Game of the Year

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Samuringa posted:

MGSV barely had any cutscenes

Instead they had a million cut scenes

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

corn in the bible posted:

MGSV isn't even as good a stealth game as 3

3 is a game in which bad guys can walk on your Face if your camouflage is strong enough and you can instantly swap camouflage 20 times in 10 seconds out in the field, all of these outfits and somehow beating inside your Fannypack

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

al-azad posted:

I don't know how it's possible to say it's too easy to avoid being spotted in MGSV unless you have all the handicaps turned on and take 2 hours to clear each mission by crawling.

Most of MGS3 was crawling around and changing clothes

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

I know that’s what you want to believe but

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Maybe if some of the employees were named Hideo, Geoff would care

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Feb 13, 2019

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Jump Force just looks so bad. It’s the minimal amount of animation work. A lot of yelling where just the mouth and no other part of the face moves, and in generic mouth flaps instead of different mouth shapes for different vocal sounds.

Edit: why am I complaining about Jump Force when freakin TETRIS BATTLE ROYALE just got announced lol

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Feb 13, 2019

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
I can’t believe that we are getting excited about two Tetris games 30 years later

Also that people are coming around on battle royale

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

chumbler posted:

It turns out the problem with battle royales is that shooters just suck.

Now I think the world is ready for Anarchy Reigns BR. Also Super Puzzle Fighter.

Street Fighter x Tekken vs Marvel vs Capcom x Tatsunoko vs SNK 99... 99 players on screen at the same time

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
This might be sacrilege but I think the Tetris tune sucks and Tetris 99 need some new music

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
If Carmen Sandiego is returning stuff stolen from museums or corporations I'm going to be very disappointed

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Internet Kraken posted:

"hentaifoundry"

They’re my favorite review site for comparing PS Vita game graphics

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Is silent hill 1 worth playing or should I just skip to 2

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Does the game eventually tell you that you’re the bad guy at least, despite characters in game telling you that you’re the good guy

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Alright I’m sold maybe I’ll pick it up on sale

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Nah that’s stew

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

The 7th Guest posted:

it's also an IP owned by Microsoft, not Platinum

When Scalebound was cancelled I remember listening to a podcast where they said Platinum owned the IP, but that Microsoft owned some assets created for the game, such as textures and level designs.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
I really wish it was a black lead. There was an unspoken subtext that there was a disproportionate number of black people who escaped from the Matrix because they were more likely to feel dissatisfaction with the system they were living in and try to find ways out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
In 5th grade we had a substitute teacher who was supposed to go over the skeleton with us for science class. He divided us into two teams with the plans to do a quiz show format. He asked us to pick out team names and naturally we called ourselves the Boner Brigade. He couldn’t understand why the whole class was laughing so hard and a traitor amongst us explained to him what a boner meant.

He got that face where he realized the class had steered the ship towards an iceberg and he didn’t know how to steer it back.