Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

YouTube channel TheQuartering is also one of those alt-right gaming channels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

homeless snail posted:

yeah, its like playing 3 final fantasy games back to back at this point, and soon to be a fourth. if you want to play a final fantasy game its an incredible strength, because the main story of that game is one continuously long quest line that started 5 years ago and is extended every couple of months and is generally pretty good (and imo is the best FF from a storytelling perspective). if you don't want final fantasy in your MMO though then RIP you, especially during the couple of rough patches early on that are fairly explicitly filler that made it easier on the 2.0 team cleaning up the mess that was 14-1

they sell story skips now that get you up to whichever expansion you want to start at, but that just exacerbates the problem because you'll have zero hope at following along if you take that option. there's stuff in the most recent patch MSQ that is still directly following on from things that happened 5 years ago. 5.0 is going to include a new game+ feature to hopefully help skippers catch up on some of the more important quests but its a Big Game, I think the MSQ is up to like 600+ quests long now

There is no way that isn't a mess.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

It's funny to have watched the Titanfall fanbase go from mocking the first game to getting defensive about the sequel's bad sales numbers and now having to hype up a battle royale game.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

The next big trend will be cost cutting in the remaining successful hit franchises.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

It's funny that the gaming community keeps talking about the poor programmers possibly losing their jobs at EA, but when it came out that Gamestop is probably gonna die there was a celebration if anything.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I don't have a clue how Anthem will sell, I thought there was no way Fallout 76 would falter but I was really wrong there.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Andrast posted:

Anthem does seem way more competent than FO76.

Anthem will probably just be mediocre and get ok sales (so a total failure in EA's eyes since everything needs to do fortnite numbers)

Competence isn't always a selling point, Fallout had a big name and a big marketing push.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

The gaming community

Fair enough, the chunk of the gaming community that tries/pretends to not be shitheads.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Enkmar posted:

it must be blowing your mind how consumers are more concerned about the quality of a product than some strangers job security

That's not what I literally said, no.

But it is pretty much what I'm getting at. The job security of strangers is only important when they're making a video game I want to buy.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Disney really hosed up Disney Infinity, yeah (along with any other developers they worked with while they temporarily invested in games.)

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I've seen multiple people admit that Anthem probably won't be good but they'll buy it to fill time until the next big release.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Calling it dlc is technically incorrect I guess, but lots of microtransactions aren't very "micro" anyway so the term itself isn't great.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

The 7th Guest posted:

i had to click to do combat in DA:O and that's where i stopped playing, so that was about 5 minutes in

its 2019, point and click should be for city builders and adventure games only

No.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

In Training posted:

I still play splatoon and monster hunter. but i also cant put money into them.

Monster Hunter has some emotes and stuff if you really want to give Capcom some money.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

You'll find out how Half Life ended in a tower defense/collectable card game or whatever hat-based game valve tacks it onto.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I hear Gordon was in another teleporter accident that sent him to the DOTA2 universe.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Plants vs Zombies Battle Royale is definitely coming.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Disney Infinity had the licensing issue where Disney characters weren't allowed to visit each others worlds.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

James Woods Fan posted:

hey so what the gently caress is with the Far Cry devs and hallucinogens?

Far Cry 3 was popular so every Far Cry has to hit identical story beats.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

In Training posted:

Watching somebody stream a gacha game sounds like the most depressing existence

Yesterday Youtube recommended a stream of somebody opening hundreds of Apex Legends loot boxes.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Relax Or DIE posted:

so? what did they get?

You'd have to ask one of the ten or so viewers.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

You can definitely revive players in fortnite so I din't know why people are calling it a respawn thing.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I bought one of the $100 packs in Warframe six months ago and it came with so much digital currency I have yet to spend it all.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Verranicus posted:

I want to live in a world where Dizzy became the most recognized mascot platformer instead of Mario

That world is called the uk.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I had trouble putting my finger on what it reminds me of, but I think Kingdom Hearts 3 looks and sounds like a Sonic Adventure game. I bet it's what sega would make if Sonic had that any of budget anymore.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

lol Dunky isn't a reviewer, they make funny videos.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I'm not joking when I say it looks like a Sonic Adventure game.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

lol I'm glad Bethesda, the protectors of single player games, are holding their ground.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Cowcaster posted:

activision blizzard just started an announcement with the news that they broke their record for profits in 2018 and then immediately followed it with firing 800 people lol

Jim Sterling made a video directly blaming capitalism for the state of AAA games and it's going down about as well as you would expect.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

chumbler posted:

Yeah but have you considered that unions are bad actually and fearful employees are hungrier? You're thinking like a sheep, not a shark.

Often fearful employees are hungrier in the literal sense.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

Fwd:Fwd:Fwd: Single moms are buying marihuana with their food stamps!!

Please don't leak Ea/Activision internal emails.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I guess when E3 dies those sweet Call of Duty reveal trailers will move to The Game Awards™

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The skin is for showing off to your allies and the enemies you kill

Showing off that you're a sucker.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

corn in the bible posted:

oh no! the curse has turned this castle into an n64 game!!!

N64 games don't have textures that detailed.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Cowcaster posted:

speaking of, i know it’s only been out what, a week? but are there any preliminary numbers on how much it’s eating into the fortnite juggernaut?

Going by Twitch numbers Fortnite seems fine, probably a big problem for Far Cry and Anthem though.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

People were assuming Apex was sent out to die but it turns out it was Anthem all along!

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Fantastic job releasing two games with very similar generic names like that two weeks apart EA!

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

I stopped by my brother’s house earlier today, partly to copy his huge New Vegas mod folder, turns out it includes a nudity mod. How should I feel about this

At least there doesn’t seem to be a sex mod?

I think with Bethesda games a lot of clothing mods are built on top of another mod that includes nudity for some reason.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Andrast posted:

"for some reason"
They're probably all descended from some ancient Oblivion mod.

Disposable Scud posted:

What's wrong with nudity/sex mods?
Bethesda games are ugly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Steve2911 posted:

Usually once they finally give up and shut down the servers they make everything free for a few weeks while the remaining players question whether the money they invested was worth it.