Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I hope the runaway success of 2Emake ushers in a third wave of good survival horror games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'm gonna do it

I'm gonna hunt mons

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Why isn't there an Atelier megathread

Also why does my phone know the word "megatank" :tinfoil:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Looper posted:

your phone also wants more advance wars

So do I

Maybe they could meet the fans halfway and make Advance Wars like a top down Valkyria Chronicles with more of a detailed world and characters with more than one personality trait

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

homeless snail posted:

lmao, yoko taro is doing the new 24 man raid in FF14

psychic... powerless... another man's sac

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
how come nobody is making like a battle royale game that's like twisted metal or rocket league or w/e

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

In Training posted:

I like FFXIV but I like MMOs. Don't trick people who like normal video games into buying it.

I hate MMOs but I think ff14 is good tho

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Enkmar posted:

The game looks really loving uninspired, but this level of concern trolling is somehow even more uninspired

"Concern trolling" lmao good one do "virtue signaling" next :haw:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

lets hang out posted:

wanting games to fail is the most childish poo poo in the world

This but for all forms of art

Like I'm loving cynical and all but goddamn some of you are being weird

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I had no idea Slay the Spire was doing very well, that's a cool surprise. It's fun as heck.

Now where's my Switch Pokemon TCG with a single player campaign. The game boy ones were surprisingly fun

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Is there any other choice based game that rewards picking the apparently worst choices as much as Until Dawn does?

I mean the overall plot doesn't change much but if you pick the "good" things you get a categorically vastly more boring game than if you pick all the "stupid teenagers in a horror movie" ones. You miss out on sooo many brief moments if you don't rp every character as an idiotic rear end in a top hat. I was even gonna say "aside from Hayden Panettiere" but then I remembered she has rear end in a top hat choices that end up hilarious too

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Apex legends is honestly kind of fun :shrug:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Yeah "apex legends" sounds like a fake game or possibly some obscure final fantasy spinoff

It actually is pretty fun tho, but I'm a dumb baby that likes overwatch sooooo

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Spring Break My Heart posted:

What are some cool names for recent games. Something distinctive, yet cool sounding.

Enter the Gungeon: Advanced Gungeons and Draguns

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

The 7th Guest posted:

reading rpgfan reviews

"If there is one point that gives the story redemption, it's the translated dialogue. You can tell that Atlus had fun translating this title, and they didn't even bother being politically correct or even tasteful. Pop culture references such as "milf" made it into the dialogue, and Arabic-looking characters were donned such names as "Sadam Insein." Not necessarily clever, but certainly bold."

What the gently caress

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Gamers hate girls, film @ 11

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The only thing I don't like about Apex is that itt it's kinda lovely design to have players start with no weapon or ammo and have to find one. It over-emphasizes memorizing the map. Just because everyone else does it doesn't make it good

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Surprising literally everyone, Apex Legends is fantastic.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Real hurthling! posted:

Its ok. Best in a diseased class

Being free and having remarkably stable servers helps

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I got a new PS4 slim just 2 months ago and it's been having an odd number of system crashes, usually while scrolling through the menu after closing a streaming video app. Anyone else had that happen lately?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

mutata posted:

Apex Legends is pretty fun and I'm not really a huge fan of BR games either. Y'all should give it a chance.

We'll see how it goes, but the launch has been HUGE from what I'm hearing. Lots of positive chatter.

Yeah it's incredibly, insanely fun and honestly I'm glad there's only one straight white dude in it. Cynical inclusiveness is still inclusiveness, and nobody can read minds so it's not even a given that it's cynical. I hear queer people are everywhere, even in this very thread :ninja:

(Mirage is my husbando)

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Real hurthling! posted:

Sometimes no fear, big dogs or coed naked.

Gotta have all the 90's tshirt brands

"No wife, no horse, no mustache."

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'll be surprised if the actual gameplay of death stranding actually does anything new or interesting like he keeps saying

Ropes and sticks and whatever

But if it does have a cool actual gameplay hook I'll sit through the literal five thousand hours of cutscenes

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Does anyone actually believe Valve's "we promise if something ever happens to Steam you're not gonna lose access to your games"

Yes, because Steam will never go away. It's like coca cola or doritos. Steam will somehow still exist in 100 years.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

MysticalMachineGun posted:

They honestly probably haven't thought about it rather than made a conscious decision

Don't need to worry about disconnects with netcode this good! *reality kool-aid mans in through the wall*

You're probably being sarcastic but the netcode actually is shockingly good

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

MysticalMachineGun posted:

I was more going with "no matter how good your netcode is there's always something you didn't/couldn't account for"

Oh for sure, I'm just shocked that in like 20 hours I've not been booted or dropped once and only seen lag maybe 3 times. It's pretty crazy when my last big multiplayer game was mass effect, whose MP often ran like it was being hosted on a 386

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'm vaguely tempted to get kingdom Hearts 3, is there a cure for whatever brain disease I clearly have

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Excuse me, kingdom Hearts 2.9

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Internet Kraken posted:

Yeah watch a summary of the plot.

If after that you still want to play it then I'm sorry, its terminal.

Get this: watching funny youtube summaries of the plot is why I'm tempted to get it :v:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Maybe this is bonkers of me but I want heavily story based games to go into new genres. Instead of having them all be third person adventures with shooting or stabbing, why not something like "Friday Night Lights: the Game" where you get this great and involving narrative married to a fresh setting and genre

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I think I got NBA2K16 with ps plus, is that one of the ones with a good story mode?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Real hurthling! posted:

A shenmue but you are a hs football star instead of a kungfoo forklift driver could be cool

:hmmyes:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Okay here's my pitch

You control one specific player. Manipulate the narrative to avoid too many branches. First, not every season game necessarily matters. Second, you have the player not be active in some plays. Third, you have a bunch of side quest type games where you play in the park or you just do practice with your friends. Whatever

Depending on who you hang out with and how you treat them and help (or don't) with their problems, affects how they do in games. Do you spend your free time blazing with the stoners or do you help your QB stand up to his alcoholic dad etc

If you wanted to get real nuts make it so that the story isn't directly related to how well you do in the games, like Pyre sorta. Have the alcoholic dad and the girlfriends and boyfriends be the main draw with the games serving as a kind of backdrop that affects the mood (winning or losing) but not the events

EA hire me god drat it :mad:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

exquisite tea posted:

There's an ongoing fanfic now at probably hundreds of thousands of words where Max and Chloe join an underground PMC following the events of Life is Strange.

:catstare:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
A pikmin mmo

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Andrast posted:

Every character is a single pikmin and death is permanent

:hai:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
"multiplayer game as a service" is my relationship status on Facebook

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
What's this game The Liar Princess and the Blind Prince? It looks good as hell

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
A friend of mine is a public defender and, related, is a suicidal alcoholic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Bring me the head of this...Mr. James. Mr. Bideo James.