Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

bird with big dick posted:

I spent all night tweeting at these guys to settle down or the US was going to nuke both of them and I think I got through to them.

thank u 4 ur service

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

bird with big dick posted:

I spent all night tweeting at these guys to settle down or the US was going to nuke both of them and I think I got through to them.

Thanks rear end in a top hat, now I gotta go to work

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Can they nuke the potus

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
media and analysts insisting Pakistan MUST RESPOND to this aggression really brings out the dick measuring contest nature of everything

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Kurtofan posted:

Can they nuke the potus

India and Pakistan only have mid-range missiles, which makes sense because if they're going to nuked anyone it's each other.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

the kashmir region is so contentious because it feeds important water tables of both countries right

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
Yeah but the water comes from glaciers so this problem will solve itself soon enough

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Tom Cruise already saved the glaciers from nukes in the last Mission Impossible, call him up again

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

is it still a terrorist attack when the victims are a bunch of soldiers

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

:fuckoff:

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

Rated PG-34 posted:

is it still a terrorist attack when the victims are a bunch of soldiers

It becomes inverted

an attack on terrorists

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Our words are backed by nuclear weapons!!!

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Nat sec Jeff

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

basic hitler posted:

the kashmir region is so contentious because it feeds important water tables of both countries right

its contentious bc its primarily muslim and borders pakistan directly which means that by the logic of partition it should have joined Pakistan but its political movements at the time of independence were secularist instead of Islamist which made it a better fit for India. both sides claim it bc its "rightfully" theirs and giving it up means their country's dick is now a little smaller.

its weird nationalism that only seems to happen in asia/balkans nowadays so it doesnt make sense to non-asian/balkaners so we pretend its actually about water or "strategic importance" or a small off-shore natural gas reserve that could never repay the cost of the infrastructure to actually tap it bc thats easier to get our head around then dudes willing to risk the death of thousands of citizens for a worthless scrap of land, see: dokdo, taiwan, falklands, or how Greece was fully prepared to continue blocking North Macedonia from NATO and the EU for the crime of having the wrong name like yeah there's almost always a small material advantage to holding these lands but thats true of any territory ever.

like if you know any indian or pakistani people ask them about this situation and see how often the word water comes up.

BIG FLUFFY DOG has issued a correction as of 18:33 on Feb 26, 2019

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

https://twitter.com/NarangVipin/status/1100377141584293889

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Pakistan cucked by MAD

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

its contentious bc its primarily muslim and borders pakistan directly which means that by the logic of partition it should have joined Pakistan but its political movements at the time of independence were secularist instead of Islamist which made it a better fit for India. both sides claim it bc its "rightfully" theirs and giving it up means their country's dick is now a little smaller.

its weird nationalism that only seems to happen in asia/balkans nowadays so it doesnt make sense to non-asian/balkaners so we pretend its actually about water or "strategic importance" or a small off-shore natural gas reserve that could never repay the cost of the infrastructure to actually tap it bc thats easier to get our head around then dudes willing to risk the death of thousands of citizens for a worthless scrap of land, see: dokdo, taiwan, falklands, or how Greece was fully prepared to continue blocking North Macedonia from NATO and the EU for the crime of having the wrong name like yeah there's almost always a small material advantage to holding these lands but thats true of any territory ever.

like if you know any indian or pakistani people ask them about this situation and see how often the word water comes up.

This guy gets it.
A good post

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

My Pakistani friend believes Modi bombed his own troops a couple weeks ago to ensure his reelection and this bombing run was an attempt to hit Islamabad since Balakot is like 50 miles from it, so it's basically entirely a bid to get reelected by the Indian PM to her. But she also believes Pakistan will win if it comes down to conventional war since she went through some kind of military training during her time in school there, apparently what they do instead of ROTC is attach you to a military unit and give you real training for a year, but that may just be her being very Pakistani.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
The situation in Kashmir is unresolved, but similar situations did happen during the Partition.

Kashmir was a princely state and its Hindi prince decided to join India despite Kashmir being majority Muslim. Which sparked the '47 war.

Junagadh was a Hindu majority state with a Muslim prince that choose to join Pakistan, but was invaded and annexed by India

Hyderabad was Hindu majority state ruled by a Muslim prince who opted to be independent, but was annexed by India.

Kalat was Muslim majority with a Muslim prince who also opted for independence, but acceded to Pakistan under military threat.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

OhFunny posted:

The situation in Kashmir is unresolved, but similar situations did happen during the Partition.

Kashmir was a princely state and its Hindi prince decided to join India despite Kashmir being majority Muslim. Which sparked the '47 war.

Junagadh was a Hindu majority state with a Muslim prince that choose to join Pakistan, but was invaded and annexed by India

Hyderabad was Hindu majority state ruled by a Muslim prince who opted to be independent, but was annexed by India.

Kalat was Muslim majority with a Muslim prince who also opted for independence, but acceded to Pakistan under military threat.

it escapes a lot of people in the west that the partition was a completely unnecessary shitshow that killed millions of people entirely because the UK wanted to cripple an independent india

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Well that's not entirely true, there was also a big push by the Muslim minority population to get their own state because they didn't trust the Hindus

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

https://twitter.com/StratSentinel/status/1100482143237693440?s=19

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

good. I’m glad, if they had let india accidentally bomb a mountain unanswered think about how bad that would have been, now we get more nuclear brinkmanship

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Not to get too far ahead of things, since I'm sure this will get diffused somehow, but if major poo poo were to go down between India and Pakistan, who else is likely to get involved and why?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

https://twitter.com/StratSentinel/status/1100486591863230467?s=19

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Oops, sorry about starting WW3 guys, our bad.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

https://twitter.com/StratSentinel/status/1100497167112912898

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

General Dog posted:

Not to get too far ahead of things, since I'm sure this will get diffused somehow, but if major poo poo were to go down between India and Pakistan, who else is likely to get involved and why?

china might not fight but try to mediate/meddle, perhaps russia too, and the west likes their h1b labor so would probably side with india if forced to choose

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

https://twitter.com/StratSentinel/status/1100504626057699328

edit: actual corrobaration from alzeera

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/02/indian-shelling-kills-civilians-pakistan-administered-kashmir-190226190841703.html

Stairmaster has issued a correction as of 22:19 on Feb 26, 2019

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Pretty cool, owns.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Dante80 posted:

Yeah, that is pretty normal for the region. It is getting a little too hot though today..a lot of small arms fire too.

https://twitter.com/ZaidZamanHamid/status/1100448199804899329

Things heating up even more.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxrWz9XVvls&t=12s

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/NabeelBDAP/status/1100517519146786822

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i dont get it

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

Stairmaster posted:

i dont get it

it's meta commentary on how a senator would be for escalating this conflict, while most regular americans would just be interested in banal condiments.

that and im an idiot and posted something in the wrong thread.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Finally a hot war between nuclear powers

The Dipshit
Dec 21, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Happily no thermonuclear bombs IIRC, but it's still got an excellent chance to get quite ugly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Shima Honnou posted:

My Pakistani friend believes Modi bombed his own troops a couple weeks ago to ensure his reelection and this bombing run was an attempt to hit Islamabad since Balakot is like 50 miles from it, so it's basically entirely a bid to get reelected by the Indian PM to her. But she also believes Pakistan will win if it comes down to conventional war since she went through some kind of military training during her time in school there, apparently what they do instead of ROTC is attach you to a military unit and give you real training for a year, but that may just be her being very Pakistani.

For those of you who don't know, the Indian army conventional forces completely outclass the Pakistani one qualitatively and quantitatively

if there's a tank battle or w/e the pakistanis are gonna get trashed but they'll portray it as a huge victory kinda like Egypt in 1967