Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I thought of it as Romulus and Remus too. Legendary Wolf Bros.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Shiny Psyduck is the best. I remember we were threatening to make it an emote years ago for when someone says something extraordinarily dumb.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Raichu is a good, chubby boy. Electric is my favorite element, so I was excited to get a Pikachu, and then after evolving him, I knew I had my favorite Pokémon. Bulbasaur was my first starter, but thunderbolt blasting, mega kicking Raichu was my star player.

And I’ve mentioned before that Alolan Raichu reminds me of that Peychic/Electric starter deck from the core set of the TCG, so he’s cool with me.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Flopsy posted:

Seeing as his father is barely acknowledged as existing I'd say he's pretty estranged.

At least Ness gets to talk to his dad on the phone.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

He turned into Mr Mime so he could never speak of the secrets of time travel

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Vandar posted:

I love that Giovanni's end goal is very obviously capturing Mewtwo and most of what Team Rocket does in the game is leading up to that, but the game never actually comes out and just says it.

I think that’s part of the reason why the originals are still my favorites. There’s so little story, it feels more like just world building to immerse you.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Procrastine posted:

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pok%C3%A9mon_with_released_Hidden_Abilities_(Generation_VI)

Seems Totodile was event-only, Bulbasaur by trading from XY and Turtwig by transferring from a Gen 5 event. Maybe ask the trade thread if anyone has HA starters in Gen 6 they can breed for you?

Get Gold or Silver from the E Shop for HA Totodile.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Bongo Bill posted:

Friend Safari is a post-game activity in X and Y that was the main way without trading or banking to get pokemon that weren't in the Kalos regional dex.

And it also has a greater chance of getting shinies. Got my only shiny, Kirlia, from a goons friend safari. Thank you, Meis! Shiny Gardevoir is a jewel in my Pokémon collection, and it’s clones have made a lot of people happy.

Unrelated, one of my wishes for Sword/Shield, is that it supports Pokeball Plus. I still love carrying that thing around.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Tir McDohl posted:

Shiny Gardevoir clones you say? May I have one if possible?

I’ll make a post sometime this week when I’m ready. I have a bunch of cloned 2010 Mews’ as well. The early days of ORAS were wild.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Flopsy posted:

Do you have any name change tech by any chance or is that a step too far? I just really like being able to nickname things and pokemon's name rules are a bummer.

edit: Oh! And you can have any pick of whatever shinies I have. I just got a shiny larvesta called Hestia yesterday for example.

Nope. The clones were made using the AR Code crash glitch from ORAS. Gardevoir is named after forum user Meis whose friend safari I found the Kirlia from, and Mew is just Mew from the 2010 giveaway.

I’m not looking for anything particular in return. Maybe just a sample from a breeding project you’re proud of, or the offspring of one of your favorite Pokémon. I don’t care about anything competitive, just good friends.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Blaze Dragon posted:

Those are some good looking figures.

... Wait what do you mean these are renders for a movie?

They look like the plastic figures my local game store got from Japan. Someone in this thread figured out the toys were called Pokémon Kids, and the Pokémon themselves were hollow little figures you could wear on your finger that came in blind boxes with chalky candy. Lapras, Mewtwo, and the trainers were a larger size without a hole that came with several figures.

EDIT: Torterra looks ridiculously awesome!

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

I don't like the direction the Pokemon thread has taken.

Instead let's discuss your favorite Pokemon TCG artwork.

For example, look at this cute poo poo.

That’s adorable. I was just thinking yesterday that I should just use both Raichus’ in Let’s Go instead of trying to choose a favorite. They’re both the best boys.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

They’re probably waiting until the last minute to let the reviews out because they need as much distance from Avengers as they can get.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Robot Style posted:

The Pokemon Company made sure we didn't give any pokemon more than 4 moves when battling, and had to approve which ones were used, because they wanted to make sure kids could replicate them in the games.

That’d be cool if they do some giveaways in the games.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

ItBreathes posted:

Is it worth seeing just to look at the weird realistic Pokemon?

No. It’s humor, heart, and Pokémon in equal measure. It’s everything the trailer offers, no more, no less.

It was fun.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

That dude sucked, yet the episode acted like it was perfectly okay for him to physically abuse his Pokemon and Ash was wrong and petty to have been upset by it or try to stop it.

There was a lot of whips in the concept art for the original Pokémon games.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Gripweed posted:

Why did Pokemon X give me a Lucario? What am I supposed to do with it? I already have a Delphox, I don't need two ugly fox fursuits on my team.

I’m pretty sure it’s the first time you see mega evolution. It loses its effect if you played one of the later games first.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I've been dragging these Pokemon around from the days of Sapphire. I've got everything from X/Y on down but I haven't played Sun/Moon. I see that the Ultra games added new Pokemon in the middle of this generation, and so did the Let's Go games?

If I get Ultra Sun, will those two (Meltan?) from Let's Go be the only ones not available eventually, including online trades?

And currently there’s no way to trade Let’s Go Pokémon to the other games.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

I hope they announce Pokémon Bank compatibility with the Swtch and the Let’s Go games. I also want to play Sword and Shield with the Pokeball Plus even if it doesn’t have the Let’s Go throwing mechanics.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Flopsy posted:

Well poo poo man they kinda have to. Pokemon bank is entirely built around transferring your pokemon down the gens.

Right, but if Bank works with Let’s Go it’ll be the first time you can transfer from Go to the main title games.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Looks like I’m getting Shield. I’m currently 4/3 on first/second versions. Red, Ruby, Diamond, and X against Silver, White, and Moon.

I think I’m going Sobble just because I like his sad rear end. I’m currently at two fire, one water, and four grass starters.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

The braids become a mass of tentacles as it gigantimaxs into the dread lord Cthwooloo!

I don’t know if even Goomy had this level of hype.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Can’t turn his head to swing it.

It’s bad enough dogs can’t look up.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

I have a feeling they’ll drip feed Pokemon additions over the course of the year. Probably add more raid battles and small features to keep people glued to the game instead of just mashing it out in a couple months, and being done with it.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Apparently Pokeball Plus will be supported, just not as a controller. It will also have a special perk if you put a specific Pokémon in there. That’s some good news at least. I love my Pokeball Plus.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

I hope Home has activities and stuff I can do with my Pokémon. Gotta admit, the name alone sounds a lot better than stuffing them in a Bank vault.

Just want to know my digital friends are somewhere comfortable.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Hatching eggs in the Pokeball Plus would be quite cool.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

It’s me. I’m the one stuck in Gen 1 nostalgia. I’ve played every generation since, but I’m still chasing that high I got the first time I played Red. I liked the barely there plot compared to Sun/Moon making it feel like I’m just along for the ride in someone else’s story.

A lot of the Pokémon designs from Gen 1 haven’t aged well, but Raichu, the Charmander and Bulbasaur lines, Mew and Mewtwo will always be my favorites from any generation.

Edit: How dare I forget Lapras. Psychic/Surf/Ice Beam/Blizzard

Open Marriage Night fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Jun 15, 2019

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Gen 2 did have some good designs. My latest play through of Silver stalled at like the second gym though, and I just sent them all up to Ultra Moon. It’s been pretty fun so far playing it with a team of Gen 2 mons with their hidden abilities.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

I’m going to miss Mega Ampharos. That hair could make a Wooloo jealous.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Kids are their own worst enemies sometimes. Imagine thinking you can be too old for something you enjoy.

No judgment intended btw, I grew out of Power Rangers back in like Elementary school and now I'm a huge Tokusatsu fan. Pokemon though I've never stopped playing.

Gen 3 was a big jumping off point for a lot of people (myself included) because it was on Gameboy Advance. I came back for Gen 4 because the idea of Pokémon with a touch screen menu blew my mind.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Raiding sounds kind of fun though? I’m not sure how the connecting with other people online will work, but I wouldn’t mind being a part of a goon group that cruises for Gigantamax mons.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

I’m such a filthy Gen Wunner. My favorite starters, mythic, and legendary are all from there.

Non Gen One favs: Decidueye/Feraligatr/Typhlosion. Legendary: Dialga. Mythic: Jirachi

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Mef989 posted:

Almost finished with Gen 3 and looking to start Gen 4. Since HGSS is part of that and I know I'll be playing through Crystal later, I'm beginning to think of what Pokemon I want to use for Heart Gold and which I want to save for Crystal. I'm thinking that my Heart Gold team will include Slowking, Kingdra, and Scizor since it will be a lot easier for me to trade evolve between my own Gen 4 games than to purchase a second copy of a VC game, and that I'll save happiness evolutions for Crystal. Also thinking Typhlosion for Heart Gold because he can learn Solar Beam in Gen 4 to go with Sunny Day. Any other clear winners and losers that are best used during a particular Gen for Johto?

Keep in mind that when you Bank your Pokémon from Crystal they’ll have their hidden abilities. I’m currently playing Ultra Moon with Pokémon I traded up from Red and Silver. Meganium not being able to receive status effects in sunlight along with Synthesis has made him tanky as hell.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Diamond and Pearl were great because they were the first Pokémon games on the DS, and got me back into Pokémon after not having a Gameboy Advanced.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Rinkles posted:

Didn't know one of the main Pokemon translators on older games was a goon.

Yeah. There’s a few SA references in some of the older games. Only ones I can remember off hand is “My Pokémon is fight!” and “Slowtax” being one of the choices when asked to guess Slowpoke’s evolution.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

HA Meganium made me fall in love with the flowersaur.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Pokémon Camp looks adorable. I’m going to waste so much time visiting goons camps, and playing with their Pokémon.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Now that the spit bird is 100% confirmed, I’m dying to see the animation where it catches a Pikachu.

There’s so many good new mons, it’s really taking the sting out of Dexit for now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

TheHoosier posted:

watched a "worst Kanto team" video and decided to try a playthrough of it. It's Raticate, Butterfree, Parasect, Farfetch'd, Kingler, and Electrode.

I was hunting for an Adamant Rattata to get started and ended up with a drat shiny of that exact Rattata. First wild shiny i've ever encountered besides GSC Gyarados and it's for a fuckin joke playthrough.

Top percentile Rattata indeed. You’ll have to keep us updated on your blessed run.