Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

I love the fire bunny and he will be my friend in late 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

Infinitum posted:

Think I'm legally obligated to purchase Shield, even though it's Red

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

mom said its my turn to use the gun
https://twitter.com/creepincrawl/status/1101920225375764484

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

Lugubrious posted:

Incinepoor

talkin a lotta poo poo for someone within Revenge -> Alolan Whip distance

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

you: The logical inconsistencies and implications of Pokemon are existentially terrifying.
me: pokemon are my friends and they enjoy pats and treats

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

thank gently caress, I don't think I can go back after being spoiled by LGPE

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

I wonder what's up with the different Alcremie colors. Are they gonna be different types like Oricorio, or is it just cosmetic like Flabebe?

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

Still very early, where on route 2 does zigzagoon spawn? Trying to fill out my planned team asap, since I heard obstagoon takes a lot of fights to evolve.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

HopperUK posted:

Mine was in the patch of grass just after the stairs.

Thanks, finally found one there.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

I really want to like Yamper, but man, struggling through early game with only nuzzle suuuuucks

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

How long does it take for weather in the wild area to switch? I just want my boy wooper, but his area has been snowing all day.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

I just had a raid battle where the light beam at the den was purple instead of red. Does that mean anything? The Dwebble I got out of it doesn't seem any different from a normal dynamax raid.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

one thing I like about raids is that you get to see other people's nicknamed pokemon

because I just played with a guy named "peepeetime" who named his scorbunny "Meth"

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

YggiDee posted:

If you go absolutely apeshit fanning the flames your curry burns, and if you spin too fast it starts spilling. It's easy to spill it on your own but I've only managed to burn it when I was cooking with another player.

The very first time I cooked curry with a random player, they immediately burned the curry and spilled it everywhere during stirring, but we somehow still got Milcery rank curry. I have a hunch that the only thing that matters is the final "put your heart into it" minigame, since I've only had bad curry the one time I missed the cue.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

found this gem while scrolling through league cards on twitter

https://twitter.com/NincompoopEXE/status/1195415203376066560

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

just saw toxtricity's attack animation for the first time, and a) amazing, b) I do not like those undulating chest protrusions one bit

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

Has anyone figured out how Linoone actually evolves into Obstagoon? The guides I can find out there just seem to shrug and go "iunno get into a bunch of fights or level up at night", and I'm not sure which is correct.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

SpaceCadetBob posted:

From what I noticed, if you immediately check after a raid the option will be there. I've been able to chain raids like 6 or 7 in a row this way. Unfortunately if you get a communication failure then the option doesn't come back. I was going to try later to see if surprise trade causes it to pop up unless someone wants to check now.

I've had luck manually disconnecting to local and reconnecting to internet to refresh cards. Kind of weird that there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason for the refresh option to appear.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

Is there a reason why moves involving item removal just don't work in raids? I seen Pluck and Knock Off both fail so far without a clear reason, even though they should be able to do damage.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

me, 5 minutes ago: huh, why are all the farfetch'd I'm spawning only timid nature???
also me, an absolute clown: *sends out my timid synchronize kirlia*

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

I'm honestly kind of impressed how good a lot of the new pokes look in motion (especially in camp)

A lot of designs I wasn't a fan of from still images look way better/charming in game (falinx, arrocuda, blipbug, etc)

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

I look forward to some nutter having a box of every permutation of Alcremies.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

You can get a Nincada or Ninjask pretty early with false swipe right out of the gate.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

E2M2 posted:

Man is it me or my Switch Lite. I got the Pokemon one but sometimes I get dead spots where I'll slow to a walk, even when my joystick is all the way pressed foward. I just hit a spot where I stopped moving altogether. The Switch Lite is only 2 weeks old.

You're probably running into joycon drift, it's a common hardware issue with all switch joycons, which unfortunately includes the perma-attached ones on the Lite.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

According to Bulbapedia, the authentic one evolves with a Chipped Pot, whereas the fake one evolves with a Cracked Pot, so you can probably see which one is highlighted in the use-item screen.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

lmao, the salandit during the fire gym challenge is so rude

I was not expecting my own ai buddy to be sabotaging me

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

Isn't Leaf Blade one of the attacks that becomes 100% crit rate with the Leek?

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

aw sick I caught a shiny cufant, time to take a big sip of coffee and look up its assuredly cool-colored evolution

:oh:

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

Aw poo poo, I forgot Earthquake hits everybody. Sorry to the raid folks I just scored a sick quadkill on. :negative:

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

https://twitter.com/ZacianHolds/status/1176601372751347712

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

I'm very thankful for the random Frenchman I surprise traded with for yeeting a ditto into the void, explicitly searching one out sounds annoying.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

I wish people went offline to do the max raid reset glitch. It's been even harder to get into raids lately because half the time the host immediately quits (I assume to reset the raid roll).

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

AngryRobotsInc posted:

Yeah. Gmax is definitely not 100% even if solo.

Anyway, breeding question. I know male and female Indeedees are version locked, but how about for breeding? Like, if I throw a male in with a Ditto, or a female in with Ditto/compatible male, could I get both, or is what you hatch version locked too?

No, breeding lets you get both. I didnt even realize they were version locked, I just figured breeding the other gender was faster than hunting down a spawn in the forest. :v:

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

I just had 5 different gmax sandacondas break out of their ball without a single shake (including one I hosted), so my final conclusion is that gmax raids can eat my rear end.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

https://twitter.com/paripi_nasubi/status/1200030761262272512

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

Do raids, eat candy, repeat

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

Tip to anyone trying to get a mimikyu today since it's foggy in the Bridge Field: it's actually walking around in the grass patch right before the lake with the island, not wandering out in the open. Took me way too long to find the little fucker.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

I just got something even rarer than a shiny

https://twitter.com/stardew_when/status/1203087077031608320

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

Hammerite posted:

What? I took one there and the guy said "This pokemon has no moves it can relearn".

That doesn't sound right, I definitely did the relearn trick on mine, and Serebii lists Ancient Power as a move all Piloswines have in their movebank by default. https://www.serebii.net/pokedex-swsh/piloswine/