Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I will be standing a close vigil over this thread to ensure that nobody speaks ill of my sad child. You have been warned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Haifisch posted:

I can't wait to see cool new characters as well, and possibly cool new locations to explore.

I also can't wait for the starter evos to be revealed so I can witness 30 pages of goons crying about their favorite starter being ruined now.

Oh god, Sobble becomes less cute as it evolves! Who could have seen this coming?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Dehry posted:

https://twitter.com/ikiro_pkmn/status/1100886486113648640

The Japanese Pokemon logo was updated to look like the one used in the rest of the world.

What did it look like before?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Nodosaur posted:

huh

we'll see then

Nah, I’m not willing to believe they just completely abandon the fact that it is a chameleon after the first stage.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

The gen 7 evolutions got leaked super early, but most people thought they were fake:

These are interesting. Despite having used Decidueye throughout Sun, I never realized where its bowstring came from. Clever. I also didn’t know Primarina could stand on its tail.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Blhue posted:

Yeah he was only 2/3rds of those words

You’re right, Dewott IS a little baby cutie pie!

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Nodosaur posted:

wuh?

I was responding to the thing about the alolan starters being revealed before release

Oh whoops, I meant to quote the person posting the new starter evo “leaks.” My bad.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Come to think of it, if Sobble’s final evolution does allude to Nessie, it’s probably the tail that will take on that shape.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

You put Chesnaught too high.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

indigi posted:

Sobble can't get a gun because it can't pass the mental health fitness screening

Also, the hands.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

How long was it between the announcement of SuMo and us learning about Alolan Forms?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Waffles Inc. posted:

Insanely cool posting, friend

(Why even care that much about people talking about the pokemon anime in this, the pokemon thread? just chill out?)

It’s super important to me that everyone knows that I do not care about thing.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Silver Falcon posted:

This is unrelated to the current conversation, but I wanted to weigh in on something. Why are people hoping that the water starter evolves into the Loch Ness Monster? The game's are set in Poke-UK! Wouldn't it be cooler if the Loch Ness Monster were a real Legendary monster you could go catch in a big lake that is in the same spot as Loch Ness?!

NPCs in the area could tell you about the rumors of a monster that lives in [totally-not-Loch-Nesss] and tourists come from all over for a chance to catch a glimpse of it. Only because it's an RPG, the rumors are actually true and you can go catch fukkin' Nessie!

That'd be way cooler than the Pokemon you can have from the beginning of the game turning into it.

Also Lapras live in the same lake, too, because Lapras looks like the Loch Ness Monster too.

Honestly, no, that sounds like a much more obvious (read: boring) way of going about it.

Ariong fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Mar 3, 2019

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I think that making a legendary based on each of the Beatles is a great idea. Here is my preliminary design for the one based on John Lennon:

💩

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

mandatory lesbian posted:

you forgot the part where its forever whining about how people aren't friendly to each other

You know what, this won’t work. Legendaries can’t breed, so it would never have a partner to beat, nor any kids to abandon.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Rekoons!

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

What makes you think they’re putting it in the game to promote the movie, rather than the other way around?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Ometeotl posted:

Check this

Pooplio
Heh, more like

Deshitueye, am I right?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Saoshyant posted:

I know these games usually invite custom challenges. Nuzlocke, monotype runs, etc, but I think this is the first time I'm baffled at one of those. Imagine the absurd amount of time spent on the gimmick of catching every single mon in a ball with the lowest possible catch rate. More power to you, though.

Pokemon pass down their pokeball type to their offspring, so you can use breeding to get most pokemon in beast balls without catching them in one. Still have to catch genderless and male-only mons though.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Scholtz posted:

The only time males pass down their pokeball is if they are bred with a ditto or a female of the same species, so you have to catch at least one pokemon from every evolutionary line.

Also for even more masochism, every UB was caught in a premier ball instead of a BB.

As of gen 7, when two pokemon of the same species breed, their offspring has an equal chance of inheriting either parent’s pokeball.

Ariong fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Mar 17, 2019

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Just walking around the Wild Areas and seeing all the pokemon milling around with a free camera will be so cool.

Also, do not besmirch Sobble, the sad lad who makes life worth living.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

indigi posted:

sobble honestly sucks

indigi posted:

Sobble is cute as hell

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

SirSamVimes posted:

Being able to choose not to get overleveled is.. bad?

Yes. I find your way of playing the game tedious, which means it is the wrong way to play. The right way to play is the way that I find fun.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Bleck posted:

listen: if you can access your box from anywhere, and exp share only affects pokemon in your party, there is no functional difference between that and having exp share being a toggle. my response to "why did they make it worse" is "they didn't actually change anything"

What if you want to take the same pokemon with you from start to finish? Like, I dunno, your starter?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I am confident that this is the case, of course, because it would be damaging to my argument if it was not.

EDIT:

Bleck posted:

goodness, don't want the game to be too challenging

it's a tedious solution for people who are disappointed that the game is not as tedious

You might want to sit down for this one: some people find what you find tedious to be fun. Your opinions are not objective.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I agree that the outcry surrounding this game is overblown. However, I am also quite irritated by the overdramatic backlash that I see to that outcry, particularly in this thread. All of the "Well it's STUPID to care about graphics and stuff as long as I get to make pokemon friends!" is ridiculous. It's okay to like something and have standards for it. I like pokemon. I'll probably like this one. I'm frustrated by how little improvement or progress is made between installments. Comparing it to Breath of the Wild is absurd, but I did expect it to look better than it does. The designs of the regular pokemon are all quite nice, and I really like the Galar forms, but I find the legendaries to be a bit offputting.

Ariong fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Nov 14, 2019

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Unlucky7 posted:

“Over dramatic backlash” to death threats and videos about barely noticeable LOD scaling on shadows of knee high walls that is undisputed proof of why Gamefreak is evil and incompetent.

Nobody with two brain cells to rub together would genuinely read my post as referring to the people sending death threats over pokemon. Don't be ridiculous. Obviously the people sending death threats and making overblown accusations of malice are ridiculous and should be made fun of. However, you should not respond to their existence by going completely in the other direction and refusing to acknowledge that the game has faults that could possibly hinder the player's enjoyment.

Unlucky7 posted:

Look, I get what you are saying, I wish the games were better and are the great leap Forward that this series need. But gently caress you it has been months of non stop complaining about Dexit let us have this

First of all, if it's causing you this much turmoil I highly suggest disengaging from the community until you recharge. I unbookmarked this thread a while ago and only pop in occasionally, and "occasionally" is exactly how often I've been exposed to complaining about Dexit. It's nice. I'd doubly suggest it if mild criticism is enough to make you feel like you have had something taken away from you.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Buddy, when have they ever done this?

Pokemon-amie (or whatever the "brush, clean, and feed your pokes" mechanic is called now) has been kept and slightly iterated on throughout the games. I wish they would do that more often.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Yes, as someone who complains about pokemon I consider myself to be exactly as brave and noble as the citizens of Hong Kong.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I'm really hoping that seeing Intelleon in motion sells me on it, because right now it's just not doing it for me.

Unlucky7 posted:

I am perfectly fine with what you said, I just hate the idea that now it is okay to tut tut people for daring to be hyped about the game because somebody else said some stupid poo poo when much worse was said and done elsewhere.

However, you are right, I did overreact and I apologize.

You're right, though. It's not okay to tut-tut at people for being hype about the game. You can be excited for it, look forward to it, and enjoy it, and be perfectly valid in doing so. The behavior I was expressing frustration with was the kind where someone will post about how they are disappointed by something or another, and someone else will respond to that with some quip about how as long as you can catch cool pokemon nothing else matters. I understand the frustration with the unnecessary criticism, but that sort of thing does the game a disservice.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Bort, I choose you!

Are you calling my pokemon?

No, my slowpoke is also named Bort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Nanigans posted:

Similar situation in Alola, I think. Every type but Dragon is covered by someone. Then you find this guy:

I just noticed that guy is not wearing long pants with two zigzag stripes and one straight stripe across the legs. He is wearing tight leather shorts and thigh-high leather boots, which together reveal a sliver of his thighs.