Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

freelop posted:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47418405

0-62mph in less than 2 seconds
0-186mph in less than 12

I hope the interior is brown

I want one in blue-grey with red trim. Nothing will ever go over its head, because it is too fast and it will catch it. I'll barely even have to change the nameplate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Nap Ghost

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

This is probably the best cover of any Rage Agaisnt the Machine song you have ever heard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZY4ywyFXdik

(nope, not overselling it)

Vocals are fantastic. There's something off with the guitar's distortion and wah that just doesn't work as well as the original setup, though.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Nap Ghost

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

There isn't. The only people to know enough of the case to point out the pt were the medical staff physically present.

The unique nature of the removed object is sufficient for a violation. The odds of the patient (or someone familiar enough with the case) coming across the post and pic are low, but in the event that DID happen, it 100% would be considered a HIPAA violation.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Nap Ghost
My issue with the remake was that it somehow felt like a series of skits instead of a movie. Everything felt hammed up, far overshooting "quirky but believable characters." Sucks for the actors, I think they did great for what the script had them delivering.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Nap Ghost

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Now here's a definite candidate for the doughnut on the end of a shotgun thing...

That rear end in a top hat doesn't deserve the doughnut.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Nap Ghost

Rhyno posted:

Boy I sure do like it when I buy three things from Amazon across multiple days and all three items arrived fuckin wrecked due to lovely packaging.

Meanwhile, if I order a small stuffed animal for my kid, it arrives in a one-cubic-yard box stuffed with 0.99 cubic yards of bubble wrap.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Nap Ghost

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

Back to the ED for an admission. Fuckers didn't even redraw labs before slapping my rear end and telling me to get out.

Now I'm worse.

I'd have caught it if I hadn't been up for 36 hours at that point.

I missed it: why were you in (and then back in) the ED?

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Nap Ghost

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

Drank too much like an idiot a couple days ago and woke up in dka. Anion gap was 15.something and potassium was 2.9? I think it was.

They pumped me full of fluids, didn't redraw labs, didn't give me insulin or electrolyte replacement, and sent me home.

Woke up with *more* ketones in my piss than when I originally went. I'm home now, but I'm still not completely through the woods. More water and pedialyte and insulin are in my future.

Gap of 15 isn't too bad, but a lot depends on pH, and maybe they felt it was a mix of mild DKA and "regular" dehydration. Still, if you had a low serum K+ at the first lab draw, your total-body K+ must have been really low given how it shifts in DKA. Hope you're doing better.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Nap Ghost

Liquid Communism posted:

Don't do it. Nothing in that video is worth the cost of having to watch it.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Nap Ghost

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

Back to the goddamn er, because even though this poo poo was dealt with days ago I'm still pissing ketones.

My endo is pissed I was discharged. Choice words during the call were "stupid" "negligent" and "incompetent".

Woo.

It's weird, because DKA is such a no-brainer that's its kinda nice to see it in between shenanigans and WTF cases.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Nap Ghost
I have 4x 4' 34W T8 fluorescent fixtures in our basement murder room and recently popped out the bulbs to replace with some LEDs ... and only one of each pair will light when the LEDs are in.

It's still really loving bright with only two tubes, so I left it. I have no idea why it's doing it, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Nap Ghost

slidebite posted:

As a mid 40s man, how for the love of God have I not yet learned to not fry bacon without wearing a god damned shirt of some sort?

There are really easy fixes for this.