Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
'Known to some as the god of bees and wasps'

So... Zos, some say Zosim? :v:
i'll get my coat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Confront your fears. Look at the puppet. Do not look away.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Some version of this still happened in the MCU because Odin's horse Sliepnir still had 8 legs.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

The mobs being thinly veiled Combatmen is fitting, I guess, because the Combatmen (and Shocker in general) are already even more thinly veiled Nazis. They even do the salute and everything. It's a couple decades early in game for that, though

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Jesus fuckin' christ... I am so, so sorry, Id. I wish you and your family all the best.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

FeyerbrandX posted:

I'm happy to be part of your coping mechanism.

I'm also deeply, sincerely sorry that I'm part of your coping mechanism.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Joachim is just so goddamn stupid, I love him :allears:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

The Chrono Trigger defenders have logged on. Let no one utter a single word disparaging this holy title.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I am caught up again :toot: Looking forward to the next updates.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

The Dark Id posted:

Foreign Minister Kantaro Ishimura Concept Art - Loves his grandson and couches. Hates the West. Not a big fan of kicking.
Even in the concept art Kosuke seems like he's twigging to the fact something ain't quite right with grandpa, but he loves him anyway.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Well, the old guy did just admit to being the mastermind behind most of the bullshit they've spent the last several dungeons dealing with, and the attempted coup of Russia. If Yuri hadn't beaten his rear end, someone else in the party would've.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

ultrafilter posted:

To me, this line together with the rest of the exhange implies that Roger is looking to prove he's a better wizard than all the others who've tried the ritual and failed. Maybe that's just me, though.
I mean, if there's anyone who has the actual capability of proving it, it would be Roger.

There's also the fact he's not doing it for himself, unlike all the previous people who've tried using the manuscript. Whether that will matter any, who knows, magic is a fickle beast

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I mean, he *is* the guy who translated the drat thing to start with, that does give him a leg up on his competition.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Alice was his late wife's niece, he's more her uncle-in-law. Yes, it matters, dammit :colbert:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

It still fills me with a great amount of joy that Konami got bitten in the rear end trying to go all-in on pachinko.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Schwartzcough posted:

Yeah, that honestly went better than it had any right to. They deserved an abomination for their hubris.

I think after all the bullshit Yuri has gone through, he at least deserved to get to actually say the Three Special Words to Alice. And he got to say goodbye.

It *is* kind of funny (to me, anyway) that everyone keeps forgetting Roger deliberately mistranslated the Emigre Manuscript after using it to make himself immortal, though.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

The Dark Id posted:

That's the way! Now give it all you've got!
Should this be Albert saying this?

I refuse to dignify that Dating Outfit with a response. What the hell, Shadow Hearts

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I'll settle for Genesic Amon

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

The Dark Id posted:

This is why you don't get in the main party. You keep spacing out with these senior moments.

I don't think Yuri has much room to talk, considering he has a magic twig wedged in his soul giving him random bouts of curse-induced narcolepsy.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Teddy Roosevelt would have forced his way into the party. You all know this in your heart of hearts.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

You will not be disappointed.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

:unsmigghh:
It begins.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

A lovingly rendered plate of curry, at that.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Those were at least cookie cutter floors, all 200 minus the boss floors only had a total of like 5 layouts and what floor is which never changes. There's been maps online so you can get the goodies and get through the floor in the fastest way possible for ages.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

The Dark Id posted:

It spins around and smacks people with its... mushroom bits. It's not leaves, right? I don't know what you'd call that on a mushroom.
I think they're called caps, on mushrooms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Much obliged for everything, Id. Your LPs were also part of why I joined way back when; it was a bumpy ride, but what a ride.