Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012

Commander Keene posted:

It is a very Yuri Devilman who is definitely not previous game protagonist Yuri Hyuga thing to do.

It's certainly something a rude boy would do, not that that's any clue.

Introduction

The Dark Id posted:

Unlike the transition from Shadow Hearts from Koudelka

Episode I

The Dark Id posted:

After seeing both Waluigi and Donkey Kong stuck down by sniper fire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

whoever sealed the holy mistletoe should've maybe oughta put up a better guardian than a level 5 Gargoyle, that thing is potent

Maybe at first it was a proper Koudelka strength gargoyle, fresh from the annual All Saints Day cathedral demon incursion, but it had a power leak thing, and normally that doesn't matter, it pops back to demon world and rejuices. Here, though, they've had it bound to that artifact for who knows how long and that leak just really took its toll and suddenly you've got a guardian who can barely threaten a regular confused lady with a sword.

The Dark Id posted:

This is ain't a good look, Yuri.

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
Dunno about hookers, but he did play a lot of lottery in the last game, so probably right about the gambling. Probably would also go for some boxing rings, or maybe MMA now that mature older Yuri also does kicks.

Episode VIII

The Dark Id posted:

there is Crest Magic, were different crests can be equipped

Boy Gepetto and Blanca are wearing this horsehide

Each Magic Crest contain a Crest Magic

Earlier, I didn't know why the felt the need to include a few maps

the French and I have a much different definition of what constitutes a mosquito than I do.

These bugers have a meager 20 HP

and just kind smack around folk

The second and fifth seem like they can be removed. third should be "contains", and pretty sure sixth is "buggers", unless there's an alternate spelling/word that I don't know.

Episode IX

The Dark Id posted:

on the border of Belgium, Luxembourg, and German with the closest edge

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
Now I wonder if there were real underground smut markets dealing during the periods where various types of this stuff was illegal. Obviously not as widespread as prohibition bootlegging, but it feels like you'd probably find a couple here and there.

Episode XI

The Dark Id posted:

from three members to four members able participating in combat.

Shadow Hearts: Covenant has many sidequests that of this nature.
Guessing "able to participate" and "of this nature"

Episode XII

The Dark Id posted:

You're very confident to just blurting that out to a random guy passing by you..

a fictionalized account of Senton's hunting wolves i
I wonder how the real Ernest Senton would feel
Should be "Seton".

Episode XIII

The Dark Id posted:

What? You don't have on?!

thought this rotund mini-Kingpin was gonna start something that at some point in that previous scene
Guessing the second should be "there" or just left out?

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
I don't know if I'd called that a torn shirt or not. It's like skin that looks like a torn shirt/jacket up until it hits the arms and shoulders, where it just kind of expands into sleeves and a collar.

The Dark Id posted:

Clawed Soldiers actually are port of the dungeon roster

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
I imagine a hat/bag full of costume piece names you pull from when you hit a certain rank above the grunt level. You can wear what you like, but you also have to include whatever you pulled from the hat.

The Dark Id posted:

Like Karyl, Radeus also get a pair of Special Skills

and that happens to move the thing out of the way gives us the path to the end of the dungeon.

focus on one of the boss brothers to make life much similar.

But what were are close to is the end of Paris.

as Yuri and the gang's adventures continue the French port of Le Harve.

First looks like "gets". Second, "and gives us". I don't know if the fifth is "continue at" or "continue to".

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
Every now and then, something out of Japan includes someone in a butterfly mask and they're almost always campy and fantastic to see. :allears:

The Dark Id posted:

Also, I'm little caught up what the hell is a "submarine"?

I'd be pretty into seeing Blanca done a big think fur coat

Having the whole party gain it and having the option to flee the battle we'd have to REALLY be loving up to get in that situation does exactly sound worthy of an accessory slot.

an assort of what can only be referred to as cartoonishly shady goons walk down

Guessing, the first should be "caught up on" and second is "don". Third seems like it should be "doesn't", though the whole sentence is a bit awkward, as is. Might work better as "We'd have to REALLY be loving up to get in a situation where the whole party gains it and having the option to flee that battle doesn't exactly sound worthy of an accessory slot."

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
So, will the treasure these goons are after also be like the last time and they're misinterpreting something innocuous as some super valuable thing? My bet is there's a box of keepsakes and saved letters or something.
Also, now I wonder if old villages had something like a community cellar to age/keep booze in.

The Dark Id posted:

a guy that punched out a god. And go completely de-leveled

a brief chat with Granny Lot. Also learning here name is Granny Lot, I suppose. :v:

For now, both Joachim and Yuri and mandatory members of the party.

Third one looks like it should be "are".

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
That would also fit in with the tendency in anime to put us inside a character's head to hear their thoughts. You don't usually get that outside of text media. The spider man cartoons are the only ones that come to mind in American media, aside from the Noire detective genre, since thoughts in voiceover is a bit of a staple there. The preference is usually to add someone to talk to, instead.

The Dark Id posted:

With hope, this time they won't turn out to practice necromancy

They're also most annoying [/b]of three[/b] since their attacks inflict Poison.

Looks like the first should be "With luck" or "Hopefully" and the second/third is missing some "the"s.

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
I look forward to future character titles for the PC group. Wonder if they do them for serious scenes, too.
Plot Shot Karin: Yuri, I can't fight like this. You'll have to do a hospital dungeon without me. Be sure to find some sort of magic surgeon who gains new powers from finding...I dunno, their old thesis paper scattered about the world.

The Dark Id posted:

Blanca and Karin jocking for position at the top of the battles joined.

A city... 135.5 miles/213.2 kilometers away. I just cannot be done!

Should be "jockeying" and "It just"

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
Now I'm imagining Jojo's style wrestling and it's mostly a series of one-upsmanship mindgame fights with a remarkable number of props and effects.

The Dark Id posted:

when describing what in inevitably an upcoming dungeon.

And by mean I mean Gepetto's doll. Ergh

Guessing that should be "is" and "me".

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
I look forward to finding out if Joachim will be carrying one locker, like the cutscene, or two, like the weapon description. I kinda hope it's two, cause that means he thought about it and went back to get another one and tied it to the first.

The Dark Id posted:

things to put your junk in while traveling like backpacks and suitcase, right?

a mid-boss from a mid-aughts action platformer than looks like it undoubtedly has a ground-pound

Sorom here is sporting

"suitcases", and "Sorm", if the fusion description image is correct.

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
I appreciate that grand slam always makes the bat "tink" noise regardless of weapon.

The Dark Id posted:

That's ALMOST there is as far as battles go.

and I'm switching to Gepetto for something as trifling as that.

Guess "ALMOST all" and "not switching"

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
Not sure how creatively entertaining you could get with improvised knives, though. Lots of stuff to pick from that can smack things, but that same potentially ridiculous flair that also has a sharp edge and a pointy bit seems like it would be trickier to pull off. Probably would need to sell it with characterization.

The Dark Id posted:

You know, it's actually impressive engineer that all the decades abandoned and monster-filled the mines have had full operational electrical lighting systems up until this point.

Likewise, someone could use one of their special technique three times in a row

We're now cleaned this dungeon of everything but the inevitable boss fight.

I'd be quite unfortunate if this was the sight of the mining disaster

At least his subpar dungeon had one decent thing going for it.

Rhonnda Mines Concept Art

Looks to be "engineering", just "mines", "techniques", "We've", "It'd", "site", and wasn't sure if that should be "this" or is you were saying it was the boss's dungeon.

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
Now are those spying viewing goggles or flying goggles on our new totally on the level explorer acquaintance. Is Yuri potentially in for another trip through the skies.

Episode XXVI

The Dark Id posted:

Put some feeling into!

Which sense considering last we saw Roger Bacon was president

Gotta spend manna to make mana.

sorcerers disguised themselves as puppies and through their demonic cat at people.

Episode XXVII

The Dark Id posted:

close the door on this welsh chapter and make way for an Italian vacation

Probably should be capitalized.

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
Yeah, that was like a quarter of the thread responses when the LP was going on. I think those settled down after we hit the first ending or two.

Admittedly surprised that none of that dancing sequence was in the trailers, when I skimmed through a couple just now. At most was the bit with Karin elbowing Yuri. Stuff we haven't seen yet in those, by the way, so I wouldn't go hunting much.

The Dark Id posted:

just the fact I've had bad experiences with mysterious flowers and fantasy quests in the but something about this seems

"in the past", I assume?

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
The non-wolf voices of Blanca and posh wolf don't really sound all that far off from each other, so the scruffy street vs posh schooled stuff was a little odd to actually hear.

The Dark Id posted:

Time another Wolf Bout.

we could have bought it back in Southampton but neglect to do so

I reloaded mysave and then neglected to buy it

we're not going to be able to leave town with a couple interrupts. First off...

Geez, Nicolai and nearly forgotten you were in the game.

You haven't had to face to the guy, so you don't know.

Second should be "neglected".

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
And here I was wondering why no one called Lucia out for that button nonsense in the first big room, or even really mentioned it at all, aside from "oh there are monsters here". This doesn't answer that, but it's cathartic, at least.

Episode XXX

The Dark Id posted:

those Soul Energy points we've accrued the last couple of boss battles.

just all piled onto the and rowed for fifty kilometers

via ramming targets with its both err... abdomen?

I'm not sure what the proper term for a moth butt.

Katherine can blast its enemies with Dark Ray,

which is just a DBZ Kamehameha, for a roundabout the same amount of damage

We can also use a couple of extra points in strength.
Just opposite the Seal of Strength,

All that remains a chamber at the far end of the hall

First "accrued from", second "boat", third might be "butt" maybe or "moth" like the other person thought?
Fourth can either go "not sure about the proper term for a moth butt" or "not sure what the proper term for a moth butt is."
Fifth, the image above it says "Evil Ray", sixth guessing just "around" or "about"
Seven/Eight the image says Seal of the Soul, which grants SP.
Ninth "is a chamber"

Episode XXXI

The Dark Id posted:

(loose 3x SP per turn)

Maybe we should and help.

"lose" and "should try"

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
Not sure, how mixing a lot of flowers together makes any oil particularly oceanic.
Also, only ever heard it pronounced like cardamon, so finding out it has multiple spellings was odd.

The Dark Id posted:

I guess Andre simply eats it hole and cannot even be bothered

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
I found Lucia's new card funny more because it's called Justice and its normal effect is to murder her, and heal everyone else. It's like the game apologizing for what just happened.

Episode XXXIII

The Dark Id posted:

we find a poorly arrange library with a couple of items of note

slamming that toggle switch into this menacing Telsa device

"arranged" and "Tesla"

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
Thinking about it, usually when you get a murdery puppet villain, it's a magically living puppet that kills stuff. Even if there's a person it's probably more of a ventriloquist style 'no strings attached' puppet (like the batman villain, the puppetmaster class from Ogre Battle or Lulu from FFX), rather than a regular puppet with assassin-flavored doom strings.

Edit- New update on the previous page.

The Dark Id posted:

may as well splurge with our decent savings account and stop up.

prior to him summoning the Neamto Float and summoned an alien space god

I... hope really like the cube geometric shape.

There! Did you hear that?

collapses to that one pose female falling to their knees pose

Guessing "stock". Second should be "Neameto" and can probably just remove "summoned" so there's no clashing tenses with "summoning".
Need a Karin portrait on the fourth and can cut out that extra "pose" on the fifth.

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
Don't get Forneus started on fanfiction. He knows literally all of it, all the time and he's got some opinions.

Episode XXXVII

The Dark Id posted:

Like equipping everyone with on right now careful.

Star Gazers along hit for 55-65 damage and a full combo with all three enemies WILL kill any of our party at this point.

get our boy Joachim supped up with Heat Edge

Should be "one", "alone" I tihnk? and "souped".

Episode XXXVII-2

The Dark Id posted:

Which you can probably use to break a boss in half with used in conjunction with The Third/Fifth Key

Looks like it should be "when".

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
Wonder what the idea was when they animated Yuri's mouth like that during the bit where Veronica wonders who to play with. Assuming that's not a cut-scene glitch, it's like he was supposed to have dialogue or they just did a weird job of using that to make him look worried.

Episode XXXVIII

The Dark Id posted:

at the opposite end of this entrance square is stairs leading down to the main thoroughfare

I thought I'd give something besides movie a go, but it's not my thing.

"are" and "movies"

Episode XXXIX

The Dark Id posted:

I as I understand it,

the party decides to sort of just mosey in an idle in this room

I wasn't sure if the missing "d" in the second was a typo or on purpose.

Episode XL

The Dark Id posted:

If you do, I promise that I don't hurt any of your other friends.

"won't"

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
Being related seems likely, at any rate, considering all the other similarities between Veronica and Lucia.

The Dark Id posted:

I'd like to think one of the Clawed Soldiers so Blanca go by, went NOPE

and just slammed that door shut and barred it shut as soon as Blanca passed.

let's make life a little easier for Blanca by Zac, the Peddler Wolf's Wolf World shop

Scattered along this stealth mission is bramble patched that, if run across, will alert nearby guards

next challenge is getting by two jerks that stand are patrolling a narrow area.

plays out like an optimal unsanctioned Wolf Bout with a battle of attribution that needs to be tempered

Or get boned by RNG and lose 2 SP ever round.

He... remember that treasure map we got from Loud Croft back in Cannes.

In the second one, can probably remove that second "shut". Third looks to be missing a word or two, "visiting" maybe. Fourth "are bramble patches". Six probably "attrition"? Guessing the last one should be "Hey"

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
Concept art Lenny is definitely doing some fashion modeling work.

Tuxedo Ted posted:

I don't think Lenny has to pay for a single thing he doesn't want to pay for.

But he would pay for accidents, I imagine. This is the same dude that chewed out his men for bothering regular villagers. If he's not intending to hurt/bother someone, he tries not to.

The Dark Id posted:

you should make yourself scare. It... it's a bad scene

but relive fond memories human rights violations

Joachim: I'll use it as a straw, then.

we run into a save point the door to use that makeshift key on ahead

a moderately challenging encounter and flaying around keeping up with status ailments

They would have to be the biggest, my gullible rube to walk the earth

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
If you showed me that Alexei concept art out of context while telling me there was a puppet master character that used a puppet that looked like a child, I'd look at it and say that fits, yeah.

Little late, but I never really actively noticed how many villains teleport across media, in general, before the sheer quantity in the Kingdom Hearts games made it hard to overlook.

DukeofCA posted:

How many times did the party in 8 let themselves get captured by bitch-rear end Templars? Yuri could barely stand from having his curse poked by Rasputin and he still chumped those palace guards.

I'm inclined to cut 8 some slack, since that party wasn't as rebellious in nature as this one for most of the game, they had a horse and cart to worry about, and making a permanent enemy of the worldwide religion earlier would've gotten in their way more often than not.

Episode L

The Dark Id posted:

every single sentry is out light a light

aka adults being assholes to kids scare them straight

we can duck into a back storeroom the looks as though a Resident Evil block-pushing puzzle should be hiding out in

Episode LI

The Dark Id posted:

resort to conflict as debase as that...?

perhaps leaving Anastasia with a sorcerer actively trying to kill her and her family while being framed for attempted fratricide on the table PROBABLY should stay here alone

I don't usually see debase used like that, should it be "debased" or "base", maybe?
Second needs a rewording at the start or the end. "perhaps leaving Anastasia....is a bad idea" type thing or "perhaps Anastasia, the girl with a sorcerer...table, PROBABLY shouldn't stay here alone"

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
You know how it is. You go off to stop a demon possessed man from destroying the world, but then you kind of get distracted and lose your focus along the way and next thing you know you're causing apartment buildings to fill with meat growths and facing off against roaming adventurers for all the terrible crimes you keep doing.

Episode LIII

The Dark Id posted:

You'll just to take the locals' word on that one.

Normally, I'd just nuke an entire group of them huddle together at the beginning with some AOE magic

it would be a complete none issue.

But Yuri's Fusion don't get AOE attacks until we pump more Soul Power

They're not even courteously enough to heal the participating characters once they're completed.

"just have to take", "huddled", "nonissue" or "non-issue", "Fusions", and "courteous"

Episode LIV

The Dark Id posted:

I can't even tell where the lousy son is right now

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
Yeah, seems reasonable to think Yuri would probably have started this game in a different state, and maybe even a different place, if Alice was also hanging around. He'd still be a threat to Sapientes Gladio, so they would have still gone hunting for him, but hard to say if the rest of the start would've gone the same.

Episode LVI

The Dark Id posted:

Much like it partner

It would make sense mirrors finally come into play in place called "Mirror Castle" right?

Episode LVIII

The Dark Id posted:

Amon was the second most power Fusion in the previous adventure and the most powerful one available in the Bad/Canon ending

I feel I long coat is much more practical

And on that not Nicolai departs

That's what is doing you in? We were good! I've got like a dozen Tents in my inventory, man!

as we return to the somewhat (uncomfortable given the current geopolitical landscape) task of Saving Russia

First three are evident, wasn't sure about the phrasing of four. Should it be "Well, we're good!", since that keeps present tense? Fifth needs that parentheses opener to shift over to "given".

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
If this were an adventure game, we'd definitely need to be taking notes on these Cyrillic alphabet lessons. Part of me is still wondering if it's just to liven up the sewers or if there's a thing later that's gonna have a payoff.

The Dark Id posted:

makes it somewhat more of a visual interesting locale

"visually"

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012

Speedball posted:

Poisoning might unless the force shield was also covering his stomach. But hey.

Now I'm thinking of what the shield rules are. Obviously, it's not a permanent ball barrier, or he couldn't touch anyone. Something he has to activate just leaves him open to surprise attacks. Maybe more of a permanent "sense intent, block it" sort of thing, otherwise someone in a position like Veronica's could potentially get inside of it and get some stabs in.

The Dark Id posted:

Let's out of here so we can get back to the fun stuff

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
Rasputin is definitely not the best improviser. Maybe more of a one goal at a time with plenty of time to think about what to do next kinda person, and if there's some fuzzy bits like "what if those people who escaped show up and stop my assassin", that's fine. No need to obsess on the details.

The Dark Id posted:

nobles gather to the side and begin clapping and bowings

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
My first Asmodeus was the snake from the Redwall cartoon. He was there to show people eterrrnityyy.

Also I had assumed from the lack of quaking that the castle just popped in magically and then sort of situated itself, like a dog getting comfy.
I like to think it's part of the Asmodeus travel luggage. He's a dark god, you can't expect him to not bring some homey comforts when he's got to pop up somewhere.

Episode LXIII

The Dark Id posted:

Rasputin's fallback retreat is to just dash across a bridge and stopping at the first place on the opposite side

we can maybe set up one four-person Combo to get in some decent damage to speed things up further. But for the most part, more than a 2-3 person combo is the most we're getting in here.

And it's mostly not worth it to bother and just stick to independent attacks just due to all of her AOE spells.
But mostly because every other round, we're likely going to need to heal up folks.

We get another Magic Crest for our troubles. Do you think it's meant to be Hale Break? What the heck is a Hale Beak...?

I think the first can be just "stop". Probably can get rid of the second, since you're saying higher than that is gonna be a challenge.
Third just felt off cause you used "mostly" twice in a row about why combos aren't the best option. I'd change the upper one to "it's not really worth it"
Fourth, did you mean to say Hale or Hail?

Zagglezig fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Feb 12, 2020

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
Someone's got to inspect all those back of the head spikes, after all. You'd need a number of mirrors, otherwise.

The Dark Id posted:

A that is why... you cannot win.

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012

GimmickMan posted:

Astaroth is the mistranslated and genderbent version of Astarte, ancient goddess of love, fertility and war. In pop culture (none of these demons are officially keyed to any of the deadly sins, it's all pop culture) he's often associated with lust, just like Asmodeus.

Incidentally, Astarte is probably also where Aphrodite came from (and Ishtar is probably where Astarte came from). She even kept the war aspect in a couple places, like Sparta, and her depictions are armored up.

The Dark Id posted:

and flipped him the bird on the bird on the way out.

Dunno if this was intentional or not, and the mental image is interesting, so up to you.

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012

Sterski posted:

Three on one can't be legal, surely?

Must be a loophole where the team is the single entity registered to bout, thus why you only get one paw print.

The Dark Id posted:

Don't get discourage either.

But for now, our European tour most resume elsewhere.

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
Looking at the new light fusion makes me want to see Asura's Wrath again.

Episode LXVIII

The Dark Id posted:

Why am I setting Gepetto's debts now?

The Bastion of Riches is the region to the south of here and if he's next Berith, this is where Alloces would get placed.

Great Gama Round 2 has upper his HP to 500 and is still a Light class enemy.

Joachim is able to hand his master and add another L in the book for The Great Gama.

Episode LXIX

The Dark Id posted:

we need to advance the Treasure Hunting side quest side we discovered that Seere Crest

as Shadow Heart: Covenant continues.

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
And then there was beard.

Episode LXX

The Dark Id posted:

While there is a bounty of treasure to found most of it is just repeats

Episode LXXI

The Dark Id posted:

Just gonna chance the subject, huh?

It ould have been neat to have a big weird brain in the ceiling.

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
I don't properly remember everything from the first time at St. Marguerite. Were we involved in whatever earthquake killed toilet guy, or is that a totally separate deal and his ghost just got fed up with the situation enough to start yelling sometimes after the party had moved on?

Episode LXXII

The Dark Id posted:

Perhaps by the end of second adventure in a far off land.

That's a nightmare creature right then.

Episode LXXIII

The Dark Id posted:

There are twelve treasure chests now, but you get three changes this time.

And it's just going to a complete crushing defeat in no time by the point the next Soul Drop crops up.

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
I hope Ring Soul isn't weirding out his family with all his acting practice.

The Dark Id posted:

Its only noteworthy factor is, ..., that is technically a returning enemy

they added in Apoina Tower is a better branching cliffhanger point.

It is very easy to miss the plague obscured by the cell bars

Looks like it should be "that it's", "as" I think?, and "plaque"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
Why is Pope Town even killing enough people in that particular area that they specifically needed to make a giant "Whoops, lot of pissed off ghosts, better lock that up" vault. Granted, I don't know a ton of Christian history, but I feel like the Vatican itself wasn't the main murder field. How old is this thing?

The Dark Id posted:

Barbatos can hole up here and fear of random beheadings.

Perfect of negative energy!

Probably "in fear of", and you're spoiled for choice on the second. The cutscene vocals used "balls of" and the subtitles used "spheres of".