Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
They did say their next game is almost finished so we can only hope...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Had too much sake and kept whiffing every deflection in the second Owl fight dying within seconds and lmaoing at how ridiculous it all is

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Sekiro is without a doubt one of the greatest video games ever made. If you think sekiro is anything less than S+ tier, don't talk to me, in fact, gently caress off!

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Beat Owl (Father) yesterday, easily the most satisfying fight in the game. Skipped the Demon of Hatred on this playthrough, I'm in it for the sword fights more than the giant creature fights and this one wasn't any fun. Probably go for it for real in another playthrough when I've got more attack power, plus apparently if you give the sculptor each type of sake to get all of his lore dialogue you get extra dialogue before and after the demon fight and I didn't manage to do that this time around.

All that's left is the final boss fight!

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
hmm, activision sponsoring a couple zullie the witch videos about sekiro… i wonder if theyre trying to build hype around that brand for some reason… *tenting up my old navy shorts* verrrry interesting

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
i guess theyre probably just looking to wring some extra sekiro sales out of elden ring’s massive success. but still. what if.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jASlIZSpnJ4

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

HolePisser1982 posted:

hmm, activision sponsoring a couple zullie the witch videos about sekiro… i wonder if theyre trying to build hype around that brand for some reason… *tenting up my old navy shorts* verrrry interesting

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

HolePisser1982 posted:

i guess theyre probably just looking to wring some extra sekiro sales out of elden ring’s massive success. but still. what if.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jASlIZSpnJ4

Yeah but am I still staking my mental health on the possibility of a sekiro sequel? Hell. Motherflipping. Yes. 🙌

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

God, a Sekiro sequel journeying to the birthplace of the Divine Dragon would be so sick

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It should take place in the modern day and you fight a lot of Metal Gears

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

you should be able to suck off the divine dragon.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Reported.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I disagree, and my rebuttal is where I will reveal my shocking and upsetting fetish that can only be portrayed by experienced hentai artists

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

It’s real and it’s happening

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

A game to surpass Sekiro…

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

this game is so good. going to replay once im done with dq fever, will be nice to see how it looks on the X

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

goferchan posted:

When I assume a boss only has the displayed number of health bars and finally deplete them after 100 attempts and then he pops up for a second phase:

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Sword Saint Isshin down!! :toot:

Days and days of struggling and then the time I beat him I use one gourd charge and no resurrections like it was nothing lol

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Fortaleza posted:

Days and days of struggling and then the time I beat him I use one gourd charge and no resurrections like it was nothing lol

Yeah it's a great feeling when you have him figured out. My successful attempt I burned through his first deathblow marker without taking a hit, felt incredible.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fortaleza posted:

Hell yeah dude

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Kongming posted:

Yeah it's a great feeling when you have him figured out. My successful attempt I burned through his first deathblow marker without taking a hit, felt incredible.

gently caress yeah dude. The way I approached it is if Genichiro damaged me more than the heal-on-deathblow would cover I'd just start over. Silver spoon chewing shithead is unworthy of my gourd :hai:

Fell to Isshin's first phase a whole lot because I kept trying to aggressively combo instead of letting him do his patterns, countering him and then hacking away

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Fortaleza posted:

Hell yeah loving godlike feeling

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Sword Saint might be my favorite boss fight in all of gaming.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

American McGay posted:

Sword Saint might be my favorite boss fight in all of gaming.

Owl (Father) fight is my fav in this game by far, it's the peak of the sword fighting. Isshin's second phase with the bullshit spear and repeating pistol soured the final fight for me, I was straight up not having a good time

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Fortaleza posted:

Owl (Father) fight is my fav in this game by far, it's the peak of the sword fighting. Isshin's second phase with the bullshit spear and repeating pistol soured the final fight for me, I was straight up not having a good time

just deflect the bullets and mikiri counter the spear

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
The progression with Genichiro is so good. The first fight he wrecks you, the second fight is likely to be a serious wall, and the last fight you're expected to obliterate him without taking any damage and most of the time you're able to do it. I really hope FromSoft keeps going with Vergil-style rival bosses because it rules.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

If you haven’t played them yet I highly recommend the harder versions of genichiro, owl and isshin in the boss gauntlets. They added some fantastic new tricks, especially to owl

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

On NG+ now without giving up Kuro's Charm and lol this is fun, just blasting through everything like a cannon. Even beat the intro Genichiro boss but obviously you get your arm chopped off no matter what but you appear to not get anything for beating him other than different dialogue where Genichiro calls you a bastard

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Fortaleza posted:

have the same story basically lol, nice one dude

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Sword saint is perfection, owl father is good though. Demon of Hatred is probably as enjoyable as Isshin for me

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Fortaleza posted:

isshin was playing to win like the guy with pistol in yojimbo.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
Sekiro owns

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ishin is awesome but this is my favorite part of sekiro

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Most of what held me up on my first playthrough was not even attempting to parry certain things because I assumed they couldn't be but drat near everything that isn't an outright death attack can be deflected if not necessarily blocked

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Going for the Shura ending and Emma has been kicking my rear end left and right, oy. Cadence for this one is juuust different enough for me to keep loving it up. Don't need to remember to stay humble because this game will do it for you

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

her grab is probably the nastiest move to deal with consistently in the game

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Fortaleza posted:

Going for the Shura ending and Emma has been kicking my rear end left and right, oy. Cadence for this one is juuust different enough for me to keep loving it up. Don't need to remember to stay humble because this game will do it for you

I spent a lot of time jumping over her, I don't remember if it was because of that grab move though. It seemed to lead to victory for me :shrug:

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

EmmyOk posted:

her grab is probably the nastiest move to deal with consistently in the game

Yeah. It’s cool as hell at least, some judo poo poo

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

I gave up and went to the bar instead, gently caress it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Fortaleza posted:

Yeah. It’s cool as hell at least, some judo poo poo

Beating Emma flawlessly in 30 seconds and deciding I've definitely got her down. Next round