Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

I cant wait. Im gonna avoid any gameplay videos and ive heard its going to be very different but i trust fromsoft. Day 1 buy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ill be going xbox just to avoid any pc gaming bullshit

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

trying to jack off posted:

more spoilers

Dynamic horse testicles, they shrink in cold weather
Name your horse
You can scold or praise your horse
Whistle radius grows when the horse bond grows
Horse equipment is fully customizable, from the saddle that has golden pins to the hair
A Dutch preview said they put dreadlocks in the hair of their horse
Horses poo poo dynamically
Walk your horse around
Jump from your horse onto a moving train
Brush your horses. Arthur makes remarks about the horse depending on the horses gender
Store horses in stables so you have more backup horses
Horses die and can't be resurrected
Tell a horse to flee to spare it's life
Horses kick behind them. In one preview they even killed a man
Horses have personalities
Horses move sideways
Horses can learn tricks

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

goferchan posted:

Poison swamp confirmed :worship: now i just need to know if elevators are in

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

In another example of the game’s extreme attention to detail, the horse also serves as your inventory. Virtually everything Arthur carries with him you can actually see; his weapons aren’t hidden away in a menu. He’ll slide his shotgun and bow carefully into the saddle before he mounts the animal, and when you hunt, the carcass is slung over the horse’s back. (Rockstar tells me that the carcass will even start to rot over time, attracting flies and wolves in search of an easy meal.) It seems like a small thing, but it keeps you immersed in the world. Instead of checking a menu to see what you have on hand, you can simply look at Arthur and his horse.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmfao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

this game rules

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

demon souls: the game is hard, but you can just use magic and blow up everything for ez mode

dark souls: alright, magic got nerfed, but you can still use a big shield

bloodborne: there are no more shields, you actually have to learn attack timings, but there's some really generous dodging

sekiro: master parry timing in the first hour of the game or get stuck there forever

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

Similar style post but its me readig each bullet point and im mouth breathing at the beginning point and at last bullet point im drolling wetting my pants and eating lead paint off the wall

lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

the level design in this is a real treat. and the character designs? mwah! molto bene

this

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

its crazy how much this game starts branching out, theres so much to do..

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

im finally getting a handle on the combat and learning to be more observant, i beat the butterfly on the 2nd try.

I was getting my rear end handed to me by all the areas I found and finally found the zone im supposed to be in. there is some nightmarish poo poo in this game lol its definitely bloodborne tier I cant stop thinking about it

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

every area in this game is really drat cool, gorgeous game

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the idea of beating this game has now become very daunting as theres nowhere left to go but the places that kicked my rear end and terrified me

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

New Modest Mouse album title

lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

have no idea how far i am in the game or if theres alternate endings or anything but i cant wait to do a second playthrough where I know what im doing

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

goferchan posted:

I know i've completely hosed up any and all NPC quests lol.

i probably have too if DS3 is anything to go by lol but I usually never ever do NPC quests in these games unless there's some Epic Content behind them, like how in DS2 youd miss out on a whole boss fight if you didn't complete a certain covenant.

this game is all I can think about god

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

goferchan posted:

When I assume a boss only has the displayed number of health bars and finally deplete them after 100 attempts and then he pops up for a second phase:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

ashina castle roofs:

i swear to god the person coming screaming down from the kite is like the coolest poo poo in the world. i loving love it so much. first time i saw it from afar it reminded me of the mario odyssey tostarena powerlines, lol i was so unprepared for it

i screamed this game is so good

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

What's everyone's help % at. I'm down to a pitiful 10%, I've started getting dragonrot notifications for NPCs I haven't even met yet

im at full AIDS and sitting on 3% and am scared of using the restores cause they seem extremely rare lol so everyones been death rattling the whole game.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

a Loving Dog posted:

i think my only complaint about this game so far is that fall damage/death is sometimes inconsistent

ive found that if I fall into a void it takes off a big chunk, like 40% of max hp, and if you're below that you'll just die

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

goferchan posted:

Yeah there's also regular fall damage though that just hurts you but let's you land "safely". It just triggers so rarely that I never expect it when it happens

it has to be a pretty huge fall and even then the damage is light, idk if i'd call it inconsistent..ive only seen it happen like twice lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

* NPCs suffer and die from tuberculosis in real time.
* Realistic ogre testicles that get hairier over time.
* You can see every item you have by simply looking at your inventory with the press of a single button.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

done with work and its ninja time. i am shredding sunken valley.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

aced the boss of the depths on the first drat try but the lady just before that is giving me so much trouble shes loving crazy. devastated that im at work and not playing this

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

realized 50 hours into this game that you can swim underwater with the right stick.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

whoops lmao i thought it was somehting i always had and never used

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

a speedrunner beat this game in under 2 hours last night.. its gonna be awesome seeing what a fully developed run looks like down the road, theres some crazy high risk shortcuts in the game

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

Found my new favorite enemy on mt pango : the invincible guy on the pedestal who cant stand up and keeps vomiting out crickets i just sat there watching him for a while lol

i think that whole area has been my favorite in general so far and I love fighting monks that block your sword with kung-fu lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Its finally time for more sekiro.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

just thinking i was finally good at this game and a new boss pushed my poo poo in like 20 times jesus christ lmfao i need to sleep on this and like meditate on strats

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

(post depths+gun fort) Owl. he's loving nuts!

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

You were still just a puppy.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

a Loving Dog posted:

hmm sup with the seemingly random black enemy apparitions?

in a loading screen tip it says at midnight powerful apparitions will appear, and im pretty sure its getting darker as the game progresses

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i love it in these games when they bring back an early miniboss and you get to see how much youve grown, even though their stats are beefed up their moves are so simple and slow compared to what you've gotten used to and you just destroy them

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

goferchan posted:

Money Grinding pro tip: the wealth balloon buff applies when you pick up gold, not when you kill an enemy and they drop it. So you can like clear out a whole zone and then pop a balloon and run back through vacuuming up cash -- not sure if it ever despawns but if it does then it takes a very long time to do so

oh nice, ty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

goferchan posted:

drat the fan is super cool. All the prosthetics have a lot of depth

the upgrade to use them midair is so powerful