Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Pls post some screenshots of your multifloor factories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Back Hack posted:

What I want them to add are some proper thin floor/roof tiles that are aren't 5 feet thick so I can properly run convey belts, at the very least, either above or below all the machinery. The foundation tiles just eat up too much room.

Or maybe a floor grate tile that will create a small opening automatically if you run a belt or lift through it so you don't have to sacrifice possible floor space.

You know you can delete the foundation and the structures remain.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Literally Kermit posted:

No, I meant “mods” as in “mods, ban this sick unnatural filth”

While shaking my drat head, etc

It does feel unethical

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Jagged Jim posted:

Really I'd just settle for some kind of Builder's Chest that would provide materials for anything built within range so I don't have to keep that poo poo in my personal inventory or having to run all over my factory grabbing materials manually.

You have to build a mall, man. That is one of the challenges.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Tre desert start isn’t low on biomass at all and is close to three pure coal nodes !!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The only trick is you need to sprint up the ramp past the poison thingys to get to the coal near the lake.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

necrotic posted:

Or build ramps up the cliff face directly next to the coal.

I did that on the way back down as I was unsure where to start the ramp to go up

Now my little tractor goes up and down the ramp!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Bobulus posted:

My current building scheme is one building per product, with spaghetti belts in-between, all leading to and from a central bank of industrial containers that serve as make-shift load balancers. If I need more capacity of a certain thing, I can just add another story to the building. This will work for everything except copper wire, which I need about 1000 units per minute, which is clearly over the max capacity of the belt. Also: all belts traverse the map at at least the 3rd story up, so you're not constantly running into them as you drive around in the buggy, tweaking things.

I've got sufficient aluminum plate production going that I'm tempted to just say 'gently caress it' and make all belts level 5, even the ones that only need a level 1, just so I overclock things in the future without worrying about belt capacity. I don't think faster belts are more CPU-intensive than slow belts?

The thing I'm most hoping for in a potential next tier is two body slots. Would love to be able to equip the jetpack and the respirator (or radiation suit) at the same time.

Please post your map. Tyia

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Oh right sorry didn’t recognize your name from the earlier post

Hard to see but are you running super long belts ?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Bobulus posted:

The cloud saves and train fixes are in the stable branch now, so it's a good time to back up your saves and prep for December's next tier upgrade.

Also, this guy continues to be a delightful monster:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oh2oF-eZTD8

That’s a good video

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

That seems like a realistic way to work

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

How do i get to the experimental version?

Edit

Nevermind I found it.

euphronius fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Feb 12, 2020

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

They are limited in output I guess.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

They could have them slow down (which matches Real life in a way) so you are motivated to find new patches but aren’t completely hosed by ore patches running out

Kind of like oil patches in factorio

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Someone post some screenies of their pipe spaghetti

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The alternate screw recipe helps

The cart and tubes also help. You spend so much less time running

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

explosivo posted:

I haven't gotten the tubes yet but those do sound extremely helpful for getting around. Also I have the cart available but not enough coupons for it so I should probably get on that sooner than later.

The first space elevator specific item - I forget what it is called - is useful to dump for coupons

Tubes are extremely cheap. You just need very basic steel and copper

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Good by grass fields grey mass. I will miss you

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The tool bench should def overheat and stop working

They have the animation in the game already

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

How do you get tube entrances pointing up? (Or down)

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

That doesn’t work for me for the powered opening sections like it does for other things. Maybe I’m doing it wrong

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Got it. Thank you.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I would like signs which showed up on the map.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

This helped me

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It finally made sense to me when I understood “head lift” to mean “the water will go up that high in this pipe”. You get 10m for “free” from the extractor

I had never heard the term head lift before so it was a bit mysterious

(There is also a horizontal flow issue over long distances I guess)

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

My goal is 75% efficiency or whatever if it works.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

You can load up the generators with 200 of the new biomass thingy and explore for like an hour

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

There is a bad rear end dog over an oil patch. 12 bees or so are going to attack as well.

How do I handle this. The is the west coast oil .

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

All right I’ll get the rebar gun. I built a straight line foundation road from the grasslands all the way out there. Going to pipeline the oil back.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The doggo above the oil patch one shot me when I meleed him which is why I was asking

Going to try the rebar snipe

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Normal doggos are fine with the katana yeah

This is like a .. super doggo

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Vasudus posted:

If it's a red alpha spitter and they do their "big fuckoff fireball that breaks up into smaller fireballs" and you're at point blank range, it will shotgun the gently caress out of you.

I guess that is what happened

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I built a 2.5 km pipeline

It took a long time but works very well.

I just looked at the recipe for the adaptive control unit and modular engine and died

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Having belts out in the wild snaking through forests is kind of silly imho. They should be restricted to factories .

Just my opinion and how I see things in the game

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The game shows you headlift now it’s so nice

Maybe that isn’t new new .

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Deki posted:

Are you placing a pump? If so, that's not new

Yes

The base regenerating health so far has been the best change ever

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I like that the game is a sandbox but I also think there is room for some alpha achievement like “launch a space station” or something huge like that

But I hope the game never gets a timer

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Is there any point besides saving power ?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I just unlocked tier5

Would you keep the starter base or start over completely closer to oil .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It may help if they animated the fluid in the pipes when you hover over a pipe .