Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

BabelFish posted:

Totally. They're on UE4 so the difference is even larger. Getting to keep 88% of your sale price instead of 65% is huge.

Assuming you don't lose a lot of potential buyers due to only being available on a worse storefront, of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Jamsque posted:

Finished my early game factory! All of this supports 2.5 assemblers making modular frames and 1.66 assemblers making motors, with some spare steel going in to encased beams.
I set up my first / Iron factory in exactly the same place:

Joda posted:

I found that compartmentalising, decoupling and bussing makes expansions a lot more manageable. So you just add another factory or level that takes what it needs from the bus and returns its products to its relevant belt. Need more capacity,? just add another belt to the bus. This is way factories don't become bigger than four producers per building. Also the bus looks nice snaking it's way through your factory.

It took me 30 hours to realize you don't have to compartmentalize everything to fit a power generator, you can hook up multiple generators to one powergrid.

On the plus side, SPRAWL! Once i reached steel I made an entirely seperate factory for steel, stators and encased industrial steel beams

Coal outpost for steelworks

Sprawl!

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

nielsm posted:

The space elevator def. needs higher input requirements. I hand crafted all the final products for all the currently available tiers, only the intermediates being automated. I want the next stage to be something like 5000 computers and 10,000 heavy modular frames.

They could add throughput objectives as wel. Input x widgets / minute into the space elevator for 10 minutes to get next tier.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Like this storage space?

Fun fact, you can place power poles on top of walls, conveyor poles, and lots of other stuff. Just gotta use the power cable and use that to place a pole, instead of trying to build a pole first.

Cable and conveyor collision seems to work similarly in that the order of placing matters whether or not you'll get clipping warnings.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

I'd love to be able to place walls without plonking down a foundation first. Unless theres a way to sink/raise foundations that I havent found.

Also seconding the need for templates/blueprints you can save, maybe as some later upgrade.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

MarquiseMindfang posted:

If I can come up with an aesthetically pleasing and compact resource elevator I might build a 4x4 tower to the heavens using this.

4 stackable poles built on a 2m ramp so you have very small changes in altitude between them, and with some finagling you can make a complete corkscrew. Result: https://thumbs.gfycat.com/RareLongDegus-mobile.mp4

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Space engineers and From the Depths do it pretty well, they both let you set a 3D-selection box of configurable x/y/z size, and everything in it becomes part of the template.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

CJacobs posted:

They wouldn't have had to put in an arachnophobia mode in the first place if they didn't put spiders into this game where every single other enemy is a unique looking alien. The arachnophobia mode WOULD be nice if the inclusion of the enemy was at all warranted, but it's not, there's no webs or eggs or anything that even remotely says "spiders belong here in this world". They're just there to be a cheap way to make specific areas scary, same as 99% of games that include them as an enemy type.

But they're not spiders. They walk on 4 legs and only have 6 limbs total.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

MarquiseMindfang posted:

If the devs don't add it before mod support rolls around, one of the first things I'm modding into this game is a camera drone you can use to build stuff in birds-eye view.

If anyone's played Empyrion their build system is a great hybrid.

You can build from first person pov, but you can also deploy and take command of a drone that can travel in a limited radius around the player model, allowing you to fly around and build stuff more easily, but still not with a full topdown view.

The whole thing is bound to a single key toggle and iirc doesn't require any unlocks. It's a super convenient system without being too overpowered.

Fishstick fucked around with this message at 20:56 on May 28, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

All I really want in Satisfactory is a drone camera for building from. Empyrion has one and it makes first/third person building large grids without an actual copy/paste option a lot more viable if you can get somewhat of an elevated perspective. It's still a restricted area around the player, you just don't have to make walkways to see slighly higher than your character can.