Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Who would win in a fight, Lando's father Chuck Norris, or Lance's farther Lou Ferrigno?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

ImplicitAssembler posted:

Apart from the forced story lines , the Netflix thing was pretty cool.
I think if Ricciardo doesn't win within a couple of years, he'll quit.
Magnussen is jerk, but a likable one. Heck, even Ericsson comes across as a nice guy.
I still love the irony of Hamilton complaining that F1 doesn't hire young talented guys like Ocon, as Mercedes re-sign Bottas.
And I really really really hope that Renault beats RB after Horners "Oh yeah, you used to make tea when I started" to Cyril

He won Monaco last year, and has enough years left in him for a legit shot at the triple crown.

not like old man Alonso

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I don't like ban toxxes because i love you guys and don't want to go without you because williams suddenly pulls some magic rabbit out of their asses and challenges are Lance and Racing Point Lance GP for WDC.

so stop doing ban toxxes and come up with something more creative like buying williams/kube gear or donating to a good cause or cutting off a finger or something.

For example

:toxx: If are Lance doesn't podium at least once this season, i will buy a Lance/LanceGP hat no matter how pink it is

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Somebody needs to make a season thread.

Also, having to make a long season/off-season thread should be the outcome of a failed TOXX

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Theophany posted:

You don't already have one? The gently caress's wrong with you?

I'm a one-hat man, and currently own a hat.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

learnincurve posted:

Gp predictor seems broken at the moment.

that's like poetry

the predictor for the broken thing is itself broken

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

1500quidpoocati posted:

Let’s all post our favourite Charlie Whiting memories.

The 2016 Mexican Grand Prix where the bad men were punished for being bad men and are dan was rewarded for being a top lad.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I'm so glad that TSN only airs 1 of the practice sessions across all 5 of it's channels so it doesn't get in the way of them showing

*checks schedule*

The same god drat clip show over and over, ever half hour, for 10 loving hours.

Also glad they have exclusive rights and poo poo so F1 TV Pro doesn't even work here.

Motherfuckers

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

are Lance crushing teammate Perez in every session so far this season

Also, Kimi is gonna win a race this year.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I can't believe somebody sabotaged lance's car

also, Hulkenberg > Ricciardo

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

DoctorGonzo posted:

Lol Williams every year is slower

They should change their name to will i ams because they're the absolute loving worst

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

KidDynamite posted:

i hate kimi now

It's Alfa Bwoahmeo now.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

bwoah, are lance already in the points, only one spot behind racing legend kimi

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Just a shame they had to take Alfa Bwoahmeo down with them. ruining a team that actually had potential

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Honda is our only hope

save us frogboy!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

zelah posted:

Is this pronounced skuhd studs or scood stoods?

It's like "mud" because their name is mud

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Isn't Our Theresa having another vote? If they keep doing it, eventually the law of averages states that the parliament will vote for it even if accidentally

The speaker said he wouldn't allow a third vote on the bill without changes, so it's all going to poo poo either way

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

BubbaGrace posted:

I can tell you at least in the US, WRC and rally are no where near the popularity of F1, which itself is pretty niche. I don't even think it's televised here anymore now that Speed channel died. Hell, I'm a racing fan myself and couldn't name a single driver currently in the series.

Start with "Sebastien" and then say something french and you're probably right.

Or name any one of the dudesons and swap the vowels around

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Add a canadian street circuit and make them dodge potholes.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Diet Crack posted:

I think the best solution to fixing this dumb sport is to get rid of Mercedes, Ferrari and Red Bull altogether.

Actually, the way to fix it is run it like claimer racing, where the loser can buy the winning car of each race for $500.

Then you'd get shitbag teams entering with a garbage car so they can buy a good one after their first race and at least finish in the middle of the pack for a season before they go bankrupt.

It would also discourage teams putting bajillions of dollars into their cars, because other dudes are gonna buy em for $500 anyways.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I have a Mark 4

not a stupid VW one though because VWs suck

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Khablam posted:

Sad lack of BMW ownership in here.
Sad.

I had a 540 for a while and it was rad but BMWs are fragile, poorly built garbage for dumb people

I had a pretty fuckin rad garage at one point. :smith:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

DoctorGonzo posted:

im the falling down license plate

This is why you use UV-resistant zip-ties on the outside of the car

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Wirth1000 posted:

This feels like a D&D thread but instead of comparing what anti-depressants we’re on it’s about what we drive. :unsmith:

Cars are my anti-depressant, bud.

but gas is too fuckin expensive so i'm also on a bunch of actual ones too lol

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

tuo posted:

e: btw: I don't want to exclude myself from dumb people, but I contest the "poorly built garbage" claim

open the hood on that i8, or use the interior manual door release then :colbert:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

all my broken poo poo is weight reduction too. The drivers side window isn't meant to open.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

We all know the real reason Williams is so poo poo this year, and it stands out like a sore thumb in this image.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

More like Wacques Villeneuve

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I'm starting to think brain damage may be hereditary

Pray for little Feliphino

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Maybe are dan wants to follow in the footsteps of Alonso, winning a championship with Renault and then being a laughing stock for the rest of his life.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Bring Kimi back as Leclerc's teammate TIA

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

#MissionFinWOW

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I just tripped over the coffee table

#MissionShinOww

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

DoctorGonzo posted:

Actually it was good. I rejected the whisky.
Now im alone thinking about poor decisiones, broken engines and tóxic relationships

#missionbinnow

Your mother sounds like a wonderful lady

#MissionKinPlow

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I've invented a new drink. Bombay Saphirre and milk

#MissionGinCow

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

DoctorGonzo posted:

Ferrari is italian

shocking if true

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

yeah, rip

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Dubs posted:

Sainz would have podiumed today if not for max

Lance would have podiumed if not for Charles, Max, Sebastian, Lando, Kimi, Pierre, Alexander, Sergio, Antonio, Danil, and Kevin

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Lance stroll was the guy in the red car, right?

https://i.imgur.com/dTnX2GL.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/FsM2ZZG.mp4

Powershift fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Apr 1, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Stroll for Prime Minister, IMO