Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

cereal killer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
I specifically did not spell it that way on purpose dammit

I will not be cowed

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Genuinely starting to wonder if Nathen is just Andy Kaufman but probably less annoying.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

MassRafTer posted:

Genuinely starting to wonder if Nathen is just Andy Kaufman but probably less annoying.

I dunno man. Nathen seems pretty annoying.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

He's going to turn out to be a serial killer or some other kind of totally insane criminal

I don't think he has quite that level of commitment, his level of effort is probably closer to "a long history of getting kicked out of BDSM clubs".

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

I gotta say, I will legit be a bit salty if Nathan makes any money from this. I’ve been making art from trash for thirty years. For therapy, for fun and for the lack of actual art materials that cost money. I know full well its all garbage rearranged into other garbage, but to me it conveys and represents a lot of very sharp and pointy parts of my life, and it makes me nauseated at my core in a way I cannot rationally explain to see a career grifter trying to monetise therapy art.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Shithouse Dave posted:

I gotta say, I will legit be a bit salty if Nathan makes any money from this. I’ve been making art from trash for thirty years. For therapy, for fun and for the lack of actual art materials that cost money. I know full well its all garbage rearranged into other garbage, but to me it conveys and represents a lot of very sharp and pointy parts of my life, and it makes me nauseated at my core in a way I cannot rationally explain to see a career grifter trying to monetise therapy art.

A. Awesome for you and I hope you continue to do your thing.

B. The only constant with Nathan is that he won’t be successful and will switch to another project within a few months max.

Peanut Butter
Nov 7, 2011

Wee mannie

Shithouse Dave posted:

I had this same feeling when I saw it, but wasn't able to verbalise it as well as you did. It's gross.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
There isn't a way for this to "succeed," first, it's barely a concept at all, what does success mean? Second, it's literally just parading around the rotten corpse of GardieldEats, which was a colossal failure even back when it existed. Remember when he tried to hawk GE NFTs and couldn't get anybody to bite either? If you want to get mad, meditate on how he can pay for this narcissistic poo poo with his dad's money and never fear a moment of precariousness in his life.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

steinrokkan posted:

If you want to get mad, meditate on how he can pay for this narcissistic poo poo with his dad's money and never fear a moment of precariousness in his life.

Believe me, I have!

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Believe me, I have!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CLaCjpNctk&t=3s

if nathen had any amount of actual imagination he'd realize he could just bullshit the whole thing- rent out an art studio for a one-day 'event' staffed with paid actors and photographers. just have endless B-roll footage he can play ad infinitum. he already makes up all the bullshit quotes and the webpage is one big setpiece, just go ahead and arrange reality as you'd like. but he's so lazy he's more likely to go to an outdated openAI clone and type in "The picture should be me and Garfield cleansing this bitch of an earth while the angel Gabby blows the trumpet to wake Mualk Al-Mulk [ed: sorry I forgot how to spell it] in the background and the earth is on fire" and use whatever it spits out

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Shithouse Dave posted:

He won’t. Rest easy. He’ll forget about the project in a month or two if that and move on to something else.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Yes, he'll probably start a permanent makeup tattoo studio for pets or something.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Yes, he'll probably start a permanent makeup tattoo studio for pets or something.

Maybe the pets of homeless people since he’ll see a guy with a dog and get upset about his walk being ruined.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Sounds way too close to involving effort

Maybe a digital marketplace for officially licensed Garfield/Scooby Doo pet makeover kits

He won’t design, make, or ship the kits but instead provide the invaluable gatekeeper role of being out Alibaba Garfeld and Scoopy Doo Doo merchandise

david_a fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Jun 11, 2023

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Plant MONSTER. posted:

There’s easier ways to keep his weird stubble even

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

the yeti posted:

There’s easier ways to keep his weird stubble even

It's called industrial flocking

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

steinrokkan posted:

It's called industrial flocking

lmao

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Plant MONSTER. posted:

OdieTats

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Nathen giving up glueing cereal on three boxes and calling it an art gallery is a funnier outcome than I expected.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
He still hasn’t re-registered that clean food website he let lapse

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
What will become of egeez?

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

All those startups will be lost in time, like tears in rain…

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

It will become dust in the wind and never spoken of again

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Seth Pecksniff posted:

It will become dust in the wind and never spoken of again

but it was the amazon of licensing

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

MrQwerty posted:

but it was the amazon of licensing

as in the rainforest; rapidly vanishing

Charles Ford
Nov 27, 2004

The Earth is a farm. We are someone else’s Ford Focus.

steinrokkan posted:

Farm2Plate is a concept that specifically precludes, and was created as a reaction to stuff such as frozen meals. Nathen just liked the sound of it and used it even though it made no sense

I knew it had to be something preexisting that Nathen just latched onto for his marketing, but recently we were at a fancy restaurant for an anniversary and every time the server said "seed to plate" I just kept thinking of Nathen, it was terrible.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Ah geez, not Egeez!

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Charles Ford posted:

I knew it had to be something preexisting that Nathen just latched onto for his marketing, but recently we were at a fancy restaurant for an anniversary and every time the server said "seed to plate" I just kept thinking of Nathen, it was terrible.

"Please, waiter, i see your food is labeled as farm to plate, very good. But pray tell, with which officially licensed cartoon character is your restaurant affiliated?"

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:

Charles Ford posted:

"seed to plate"

I hope that this restaurant wasn't called "natural harvest".

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Waste of Breath posted:

I hope that this restaurant wasn't called "natural harvest".

only for the most special nathen auction winners

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Garçon, illl have your finest frozen lasagna with orange sauce please

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
As funny as NathenEATS was I am sad he didn't do anything for the promised June eGeez event. I just wanted some desperate push to try to make it seem real.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

MassRafTer posted:

As funny as NathenEATS was I am sad he didn't do anything for the promised June eGeez event. I just wanted some desperate push to try to make it seem real.

I'm sad about the death of the weird-rear end podcast/radio play. We'll never know what happened to the pigman

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Seed to plate? How the gently caress did you remain composed?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

This is what we fight for when we fight for western civilization

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
https://twitter.com/nathenmazri/status/1670112034678087681?s=20

Are you guys ready?!?!

https://assets.artplacer.com/virtual-exhibitions/?i=9910

Don’t worry. Nathen isn’t either. It’s empty

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
This loving nutbar is never gonna let the Jim Davis thing go ever. It's loving pathetic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

This loving nutbar is never gonna let the Jim Davis thing go ever. It's loving pathetic

Shhh go browse Nathen’s empty art exhibit.