Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Apparently the writers wanted to make Nadja the smart one of the group but Natasia really pushed for the character to be just as dumb and crazy as the other vampires
https://twitter.com/LaurenSarner/status/1110563651268812800

Yesss, (hiss), and this is exactly why Sweet Dee on Always Sunny is so good. After season 1 where she was slotted in, she basically needed to be dragged down to the level of the rest of the gang and it made her amazing.

Really glad this is living up to the movie. I can't think of any other movie>TV show that works quite as well as this has either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Was hoping Rhys Darby might've been back as a werewolf, but nevermind. The dog treat being thrown off the building was hilarious, and agreed about the Emotional/Energy vampire thing. The energy vampire addition is something that really could've been hosed up when bringing it over to the US, but it's so good.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I choose to read this as him talking about the TV show ‘Friends’ as I don’t believe he has actual friends.

Also: now I’m very much looking forward to episode 10.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I watched the new ones while super tired, was the extent of the horse one just that he wanted to be reunited with the horse, and the only thing they could communicate was ‘good morning’. I kinda expected something darker, but maybe that was the joke ha. I mean, he did eat the horse the first time around...

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Just think rubber dinghy rapids, bro.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

We never found out if they were near the office.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I like how Wannabe was in the list of their unknown songs.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Slightly disappointed this didn't go down the 'famous witches' route like the vampire council episode last season, but still solid so hey!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Pixelante posted:

Delightful appearance of Nadja in Eurovision Song Contest.

Their stage producer is her brother too.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Der Shovel posted:

Anyway, amazing show. I was very reluctant to try it initially; I loved the movie and figured this was a watered and dumbed down version, but nope, best comedy show I've seen in ages.

I’m trying to think if I heard anyone who liked the movie not like the show, and honestly can’t think of anyone. Remember one or two people not caring for the show but not having seen the movie. It’s got a ridiculously good hit rate for sure.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0OHbsOl4YY

Starting in a few minutes.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

https://youtu.be/A-bBCUlPHyw

Haven’t had chance to watch this yet, but I’m sure it’s fun.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

There’s also Ellie & Natasha which was a pilot sketch show she did, and she’s in the Eurovision movie briefly.

Also Kayvan did Phonejacker and Facejacker for years and it was wildly popular, but I’m not sure how well it holds up.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I wonder if the cloak stuff came from Kayvan messing about on set and doing impressions of the other cast members.

It reminded me of going to a Red Dwarf panel, but Craig Charles and Danny John-Jules weren’t there so Chris Barrie answered as them, and it was amazing.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Tiggum posted:

He read the audiobook versions of the Red Dwarf novels and does the voices in those as well.

Ah yes! I always meant to listen to them, I read the books but that sounds like it would be a ton of fun.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:MobileDiff/894509944

If it really is her, I like this edit she made to her page.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Marsupial Ape posted:

Also, I want Nandor finds love by the end of the season. Hopefully with something truly monstrous.

Please, her name is Gabby.

Also add me to the list of people delighted by Laszlo’s joyous reaction to the Jar Jar voice. I had to rewind that.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It finally clicked in my head recently that the way I talk to my dog is essentially a bad impression of how Nandor talks to Gizmo. I regret nothing.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I appreciate that we’ve all forgotten a bunch of now relevant stuff explained to us by Colin Robinson.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Oh nice, the pilot was pretty good. I’ll watch that for sure.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

If you’ve not seen it, the Laser Moon stuff on their YouTube channel is the highlight. It takes like.. 2-3 years for new episodes to drop but they’re always great. C-3PO somehow becomes the best character in Star Wars!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Guess we know who gets eaten then.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

KRILLIN IN THE NAME posted:

Was baby Colin Robinson just reciting the numbers of pi

First 4 numbers were 3141, so yes! What a… boring thing to know. Uh oh.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Don’t think it got mentioned here, but Natasias sketch show finally got picked up and ran as a whole season by the BBC recently - “Ellie and Natasia”. 6 short episodes.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah that was a perfect example of a straightforward episode that just absolutely clicked. Nice to see Colin take the A plot even if it meant Laszlo only getting a few scenes (all of which were perfect). Wasn’t really a fan of the nightclub concept that never really went anywhere last year, this has been a great return to form.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Nadja storming through the vet office made me think it would make for an awesome house at Halloween Horror Nights.