Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Oh...haha, we're all laughing at the hand stabbing thing....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Yeah, great episode all around but I feel like I might have been confusing people or faces, cause I thought the dinner was getting thrown together so the FBI/ex-Marine with the cheek scar could meet Barry? Or is it implied that Fuches came in some time between and gave her the info? Or was there an earlier scene where they had met?

Also I loved the scene where Barry is just loudly transcribing a text message to apologize and he still has no idea how awful he comes across. While I did get the initial impression that Gene was maybe doing just shallow level apologies to people cause he was seeing the rewards it was getting him (and I worry that with the continued increase in fame, his old lovely tendencies are just going to bubble back up to the surface), Barry's sociopathy is super evident as he's just mimicking what he thinks a normal response should be (especially as he tried to sprinkle in a 'lol like Marty in Back to the Future' to lighten up the text).

Finally, I sincerely believe that Gene has not seen the Variety article but oh boy...I'm sure he'll love it

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

I'm not sure I entirely got the look that Noho gets when he's finally back with Cristobal; is it a realization that they can't be together, with the all red flags that beignets man mentioned, or is Cristobal brain dead or what happened there? I can only hope at that point Hank's character takes a look at his life and realizes how unhappy and untenable it is, what with nearly being fed to a panther.

Also I'm not sure why Albert wouldn't have taken Barry in when he had the chance; sure, he mentions that he owes Barry his kid's life cause he saved him...but also he can tell that Barry is a mentally broken, multi-murderer. So it would seem that from a friend's point of view, they'd get the dude off the streets so he's no longer a danger since he's not in a mentally good state. The way that scene ended was just very sudden and anti-climactic, or maybe Albert will continue on to the next season?

Likewise the plot with Gene, and him trying to get back in good graces with his ex by securing her work. But all the work seems terrible; like Gene isn't a good teacher and she feels out of her depth there, and then they'll want to broadcast out in theaters a live play by amateur child actors (when even normal live performances that aren't regularly done are usually a train wreck)....and then to top it all off, he recommends that she do ummm 'Sex Chrome no.9'? Was that what I heard? Yet again, maybe it's a setup for the next season but it seems an odd scene to have in a finale with no real pay off.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Yeah, I got the impression he was alive and was standing on his own, but yeah, I would assume Cristobal would have his brain scrambled at that point? Or maybe his wife had just started to do that, cause I don't think there were any indications earlier of the electric surges, or maybe those were only happening cause the wife was going too far, and that's why Cristobal was unresponsive at that point? I suppose there's a few options of how to take that scene and I'm mostly just happy they didn't take the moment to kill Hank off as a season finale shocker (cause it does seem like the house should have a few more guards than ummm one to two?).

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Yeah, when Root is at the Starbucks and picks up on the older barista with his deranged look and then she's at the Noho Hank dinner party with her daughter and Root is just sloshed and openly talking about Cristobal's murder. Or the fact that Hank made his company 'Nohobal' cause my brain was initially going "Oh no, that looks close to a portmanteau...but he wouldn't have done that" and yeah, he's just propped up Cristobal as a martyr symbol for the company and that's just gotta be a constant reminder to him of what he did, but also in an ugly, gaudy way (like what that gold statue in the lobby with Cristobal in just normal attire). Or even the home invader to me had darkly comedic tones, cause while terrifying, it seemed to be setup like a person in a stage play who dresses in all black to mesh with the backdrop, but you know they're there cause it's still pretty obvious...but also the previous is dressed in all black in the day middle of the day in a brightly lit room. So there's some comedy there in the absurdity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Also the touch of the gun section in not-Walmart being directly adjacent to a toy section of the store. But yeah, there were a lot more obviously comedic beats in this versus the last episode.

Was it clearer to anyone what was going on with the house shifting? Was it that it was just the large truck outside pushing against the house (and that's why the tire penetrated the wall) or was it maybe someone trying to actually wholesale just take the house? I assume this also goes along with whoever knocked on the door in the previous episode in the middle of the night.

exmarx posted:

the son going "nooo" at having to stay with sally, and then barry going "yeah i know"

FireWorksWell posted:

Take two bites of that salad and come with me
These were also great, but man, it really can't be overstated how much Barry and his son just loathe/disrespect Sally, and the feeling is there in spades from Sally.