Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saladin Rising
Nov 12, 2016

When there is no real hope we must
mint our own. If the coin be
counterfeit it may still be passed.

1) Marlins - I like the idea of us starting from basically the ground up and somehow making a kickass, winning team from nothing.

2) Brewers - It might be an interesting balancing act seeing who to keep and who to replace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saladin Rising
Nov 12, 2016

kensei posted:

Get McMahon and Martinez - M&M in Miami
I like this idea.

Also yeah, do the Ryu trade.

Saladin Rising
Nov 12, 2016

I love our strategy so far. We've got Spencer Jones as a two way player, and we offered a 19 year old kid from Mexico 3.8 million more than he wanted and we're gonna just drop him straight into the team.

I approve, because it's not like playing it safe is gonna get any results.

Saladin Rising
Nov 12, 2016

bewbies posted:

To be clear: he is definitely not ML ready - I meant bring him over from Mexico and throw him into the system.

That said...he could potentially be ready a year from now.
Ah, okay that makes sense.

Saladin Rising
Nov 12, 2016

IcePhoenix posted:

Gordon is probably expendable through the ootp logic because of Schoop, Polanco, and Lewis

Also I approve of you righting the wrong of not making the Twins an option by just trading for all of them instead. Literally half of our starting lineup were Twins at the start of the year :lol:
Jeets just told us to make a winning team, he never said how we had to do it.:v:

Saladin Rising
Nov 12, 2016

Next time it comes up we might want to consider looking at a new/different team trainer, because goddamn that's a lot of injuries.

Saladin Rising
Nov 12, 2016

bewbies posted:

They want waaay too much for Marte IMO...a roster player or a top prospect, for a guy who has been just as bad as our guys.

We have a couple upcoming FAs:

Sean Doolittle has been brilliant as our closer. He wants 3/25, but he's 33. I think if he'll go 7m with a team option year, I'm in for him.

Marcus Stroman wants 8/196, and has been pretty bad. Uh...

Extend either of these guys?
Extend Doolittle, no on Stroman.

Saladin Rising
Nov 12, 2016

Nah, don't sell anyone. Jokes aside, I want to see this crazy-rear end team can get lightning in a bottle twice somehow.

Saladin Rising
Nov 12, 2016

bewbies posted:

This cleared almost 45m in salary for us, but tanked our fan interest, and we're probably worse, man for man.
Well boo on the latter parts.:(

100% do that trade, I don't know why the Cubs have temporarily lost their sanity but we may as well take advantage of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saladin Rising
Nov 12, 2016

Option B sounds okay.