Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
palpatine zoomin in to give jj the money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
evidently this film was written around unused footage of carrie fischer boofin the benzos

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Snow Cone Capone posted:

also this is absolutely the wreck of the death star which means the Emperor probably survived the end of ROTJ and is the real face behind the power, which is dumb as gently caress

lol if you think jj was gonna do anything else

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

The Skeleton King posted:

I can’t wait for billions of dollars and countless man-hours worth of painstakingly made forgettable cgi trash to tell me to buy more Disney products.

I also can’t wait until idiots on social media start telling me that seeing this movie and giving Disney money are very important political actions for the betterment of society.

You’re forgetting one crucial army in the battle of stupid

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
the ewoks are fine

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Snow Cone Capone posted:

It's less that I think they suck and more that I think it was silly that a moon-sized object got blown up right above them and then we see them partying with the main characters like giant metal shards aren't falling from the sky

star wars dude. everyone saw that death star blow way the gently caress up yet here’s an instantly identifiable part for a big finale set piece.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Jose Oquendo posted:

It's possible that's not the moon of Endor (the ewok planet) but Endor itself.

And I'm going to blow my brains out for speculating about a star movie on the internet.

Take me with you

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
they’re showing off a new game tomorrow maybe this one will actually come out.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Snow Cone Capone posted:

Is it that stupid Vader VR game they announced a couple hours ago?

no it’s the one they shitcanned paradox to make I think

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
oh that’s cool i didn’t know they were making it, looking forward to buying the goty edition in a couple years

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
EA already has a money printing battle royale game so I think we’re safe until DICE do what dice do

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

The White Dragon posted:

will episode 9 finally canonize space cocaine

they have to kill off Leia somehow

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
jj abrams is a terrible director and a terrible storyteller. he very much wants to be spielberg, but falls short in every way so he’ll just make mediocre genre pictures with established ips for the rest of his life.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Big Beef City posted:

The entire franchise has existed eternally to sell toys, video games, and candy specifically marketed to and for the children who see the movies.

also george specifically said it was for children

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
attack of the clones is still the worst movie in this series and i can’t think of a single enjoyable moment in it

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
yeah actually the diner scene might be the highlight of the movie for me

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
the gladiator part could have had some cool aliens but we got:
-cat
-rhino
-stick bug(this one’s okay)

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Chomp8645 posted:

What do you think is more likely with that arena sequence

- The jedi and the clones traveled separately, and just coincidentally the jedi all got to the arena like four minutes faster.

- They got there at the same time but the clone commander was a dickhead who intentionally let some jedi get shot before finally bailing them out.

it’s definitely the former dumbass coincidences drive the plot in star wars movies way more than any character action.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Leon Einstein posted:

I'm trying to think of a single sequence I enjoyed in the prequels. I'm coming up empty.

We just went over this it’s the diner sequence.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
I just googled Dex’s Diner and the official star wars website says it’s located on the streets of Coco Town.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
Because George Lucas made american graffiti and is insane.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
yes let’s trust the emperor

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
She’s literally running from her destiny.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
laura dern is cool and the last season of twin peaks owned

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
bad lynch takes are still better conversation than people describing their dream star wars movie so i’ll let that slide.

but really you said it was entertaining and then not entertaining one sentence later so maybe you don’t know where your balls are.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
Poe should be executed

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
i was definitely drunk when i was forced to watch solo and all i really remember was being jealous thandie newton got to blow herself up and out of the movie

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
i can’t fathom watching any of these movies more than once

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

DancingShade posted:

I'm just waiting for the animated feature length movie where Mickey Mouse plays Luke, Minnie plays Leia, Goofy plays Han and Donald Duck players Vader.

Shame the mouse didn't buy WB instead of whatever they last bought. Could have had Marvin the Martian playing Vader instead with his Earth shattering kabooms.

lol your av

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
there have never been any nonsensical plans in star wars

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
i challenge any of you to explain what the gently caress luke’s plan was to rescue han.

star wars relies on morons and blind luck.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
why the gently caress did lando and 3po need to be there then.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
why would the empire build a destructo chute so obvious disney retconned it almost 40 years later

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
star wars is dumb as gently caress. there are plenty of things to dislike about tlj other than plot holes that broke everyone’s brain a year and a half ago so hard they just can’t let it go.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Moridin920 posted:

This is just a poor criticism, sorry. Star Wars has dumb things, but they are generally consistent with the internal logic of the universe and the context of what is happening. Nothing is SO BAD that it makes people's brains break for a year and a half.

Like you're basically saying there's no difference between movies with some plot holes and logic errors and movies that are riddled with them to the point that the audience's suspension of disbelief is broken 20 minutes in. It's not just 1 or 0.

why would chewbacca do a tarzan yell. he hasn’t seen tarzan.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
also your angry internet friends don’t represent “the audience.” kids are the audience, and my dumbass little cousin loved it. the movie made plenty of money* and star wars will continue to inspire the sweatshop workers who make the toys.

*in before some racist idiot yells IMAGINE A MOVIE SO BAD CHINA WONT WATCH IT

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Moridin920 posted:

That's fine but it doesn't mean it is immune to criticism.

There's a lot of movies that are box office successes but are not very good pieces of film and vice versa.

If that's your metric for what good means.

I'm not trying to say arghh no one can like or enjoy this movie.

Lol I am not arguing this movie is “good.” I’m arguing the entire franchise is stupid garbage, and angry adult star wars fans are bad people.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Chomp8645 posted:

I like how the guy constantly ranting about supposed angry people is in fact the only one posting who seems at all angry about anything.

lol a guy pointed out a legit plot hole in the first movie and you immediately accused him of not watching the film, because you’re an rear end in a top hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
Aight I am going to

Big Beef City posted:

let the wookie win
have fun making the same “jokes” ad nauseum until the next movie pisses you guys off.