Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The Skeleton King posted:

I hope the story goes nowhere and the characters act like loving morons the whole time.

They did that last time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Hairy Busey posted:

Make a james bond movie only it's a jedi and in space.

Like I've said before, if 4-6 were a WW2 allegory, the sequels should've been a Cold War spy series with both sides having Death Stars to represent mutually assured destruction.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Hairy Busey posted:

And the Jedi are the commies while the New Republic is America

That's it exactly. Forces once allied against the Empire, now bitter enemies. The existence of the First Order as they are in the sequels, with weapons more powerful than the Death Star, implies a timeline where the New Republic completely hosed up taking over after Palpatine died. And should have stayed dead.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

jimmyjams posted:

why are yall trying to read into these movies so much

they're transparent cash in nostalgia scams meant to do nothing more than exploit the prestige of the original three movies and provide a convenient excuse to fire up the star wars toy factories again

Too bad the top Google result for "Star Wars toy profits" is a Forbes article saying sales are down.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

I wouldn't put it past Disney to completely cock all this up yet again, but I'd take that report with a huge fuckin helping of salt. The Youtuber being sourced is a right-wing culture warrior freak with a whole shed of axes to grind against anything vaguely resembling a woman

yikes

He may be a massive rear end in a top hat but he's not wrong about the lovely toys no one wants.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Bust Rodd posted:

It’s bonkers how badly they tossed Rosein the trash, I never considered Lando to be like a major part of the franchise and he’s lame, and the coolest lightsaber was in a dream sequence.

Still really don’t understand how anyone could consider this movie worse than Attack of the Clones or Revenge of the Sith

It's the fault of every Rose fan who failed to buy several dozen Rose toys to make up for the mass exodus horrible nerds who buy toys and keep them in the package as an investment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Hillary 2020 posted:

Disney's market research drones probably just decided that the asian woman / black guy romance didn't play well with Chinese movie audiences so they had her downplayed.

Disney already had John Boyega minimized on the Chinese TFA poster because they thought having a black character featured prominently might affect ticket sales.
https://twitter.com/raykwong/status/671786339327578112?s=20

Oh right, can't forget China's racism.