Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Antiquated Pants
Feb 23, 2011

Oh god I'm so lonely in here...
:negative:

Hold on to your butts.

TROS ...spoiler?

It's just a 30-second clip they wanted to show off to make sure y'all get your butts in the theater!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCPiBWrIaSI

(The comments are not happy)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antiquated Pants
Feb 23, 2011

Rutibex posted:

why would they be astounded by jetpacks, anyone can buy a jetpack. its starwars, thats like buying a Segway

Seriously...R2 could fly the whole time. Without a bucking...tread speeder...launcher thing?

Antiquated Pants
Feb 23, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkIJsnLBA4c

Antiquated Pants
Feb 23, 2011

Just Chamber posted:

That would be quite the Darth Plagueis Suprise

It's far easier to believe that he's Darth Plagueis and used his power over life and death to kill Padme in order to manipulate Darth Vader, rather than the nonsense that DV stole Padme's life essence like that other goon wants us all to think.

Antiquated Pants
Feb 23, 2011

The Walrus posted:

I just finished watching the last jedi. great movie. as far as I can tell only one real logical inconsistency, how did Benecio know that the resistance cruiser was launching transports?

There's actually a scene before they get on the FO ship where Poe is blabbing the whole evacuation plan over space radio because he wants them to hurry. They did a close up on Benecio's listening-to-secret-plans face.

You've convinced me. Perfect film.

Antiquated Pants
Feb 23, 2011

Sydin posted:

TLJ is crap and it has nothing to do with dumb nitpicky or racist/sexist bullshit like hyperdrive ramming, Holdo having purple hair, or Rose. It has everything to do with poo poo pacing, awful dialogue, poorly executed themes, even more poorly executed humor, and Rian being so obsessed with dunking on all the fan theories that he lazily answered every dangling mystery from TFW with "lol nothing." Who are Rey's parents? Nobody. How is Kylo going to complete his training? He doesn't. How does Luke train Rey? He doesn't. Who's Snoke? Nobody and he's dead, lol. How does the Republic respond to getting a bunch of their core worlds blown up? They don't. How do Rey, Kylo, or Finn grow in the next movie? They don't, and moreover Finn just lazily repeats the character arc he already completed in TFA.

The movie is loving garbage and if you like it fine, there are bad movies I like too, but do not try to tell me TLJ is good because it's poo poo.

When I watched it the first time all I could think of was the Battlestar Galactica episode "33 Minutes" where they had hyperspace tracking and how freaking intense that was.

Man I was bored by this movie and that's the greatest sin of all. Give me all that weird rear end star wars poo poo but make it a fuckin joy to watch!

Antiquated Pants
Feb 23, 2011

a mysterious cloak posted:

Is this... A power I can learn?

NOT...from a Jedi.

Antiquated Pants
Feb 23, 2011

Mozi posted:

Rey Sond'etre

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antiquated Pants
Feb 23, 2011

I said come in! posted:

The thing about the Last Jedi that actually pisses me off, is not the stuff with Luke Skywalker, but the rebel fleet trying to escape the First Order. The whole thing is just completely unbelievable. Why would they not just rip off the plot to that one Battlestar Galactica (the remake) episode? It was perfect.

This was all I could think about when I was watching this in the theater. That was one of the best episodes of BSG, on the edge of your seat tension the whole time, TLJ... not so much.