Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Snow Cone Capone posted:

It's less that I think they suck and more that I think it was silly that a moon-sized object got blown up right above them and then we see them partying with the main characters like giant metal shards aren't falling from the sky

It's possible that's not the moon of Endor (the ewok planet) but Endor itself.

And I'm going to blow my brains out for speculating about a star movie on the internet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Just pretend the 2nd movie never happened

That's what Disney is doin! :v:

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

It's from Respawn, so I have a fair amount of faith it will be a decent game.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

It used to be Skywalker but one day at school he was sitting alone at lunch so the lunch monitor changed his last name to Solo.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

lol Resistance is so bad they had to go back and make another season of Clone Wars.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Donovan Trip posted:

Kathleen Kennedy is President of lucasfilm and was agreed upon by both Lucas and Disney. She was the one pushing for TLJ because it was different and had ideas, she even greenlit a Rian trilogy that has since been shut down. She's been the advocate for anything different in these movies and now Disney seems to be feeling they should have reigned her in.

I know Disney said they're slowing their roll with the movies (for good reason). Did they actually cancel the Rian movies? What about the trilogy from those Game of Thrones dudes?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Donovan Trip posted:

These numbers are based on available rounded estimates of course but some quick math

TFA + 2 BILLION
ROGUE ONE + 1 BILLION
TLJ + 1 BILLION
SOLO + 450 MILLION
~~~~
BUYING THE FRANCHISE - 4 BILLION
MAKING 4 MOVIES - 1.5 BILLION
GLOBAL ADVERTISING of 4 MOVIES - ~5 BILLION
ALL SORTS OF MERCH COSTS - 900 MILLION

Disney has lost billions on Star Wars so far and that's pretty funny. Lucas won tbh

They'll make it all back in the next year guaranteed. People are about to pay $1000 a night to stay in a hotel and pretend to be a Star Wars person.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

WatermelonGun posted:

attack of the clones is still the worst movie in this series and i can’t think of a single enjoyable moment in it

When that dude who runs Mel's Diner scratches his rear end with a 3rd hand.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Leon Einstein posted:

I like when Padme falls out of the flying craft while going super fast and then just hops up and says let's go.

Natalie Portman was so terrible in that role. AoTC actually makes me feel ill. I don't know if it is the gratuitous CGI or what, but what an ugly movie. Yoda dancing around was dumb as gently caress and I cringed when so many people thought it was badass.

I still can't believe she died because she got sad.

Like, it makes way more sense that her death was directly caused by Anakin. Change it to: She was injured by Anakin on Mustafar. Obi-wan got her to a medical ship just in the nick of time to deliver the twins before she died.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Glenn Quebec posted:

Wait what I thought the reason she died was cause of when he choked her with the force

The medical droid straight up says there’s nothing wrong with her.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Moridin920 posted:

Holdo is pretty awesome because the whole time she fronts like she's got this slick plan about to unfold and scolds people for not trusting in her galaxy brain - but then it turns out she's not Thrawn and has no plan whatsoever. Subverted!

She did have a plan but it was originally Leia’s plan, which for some reason she didn’t tell the dude running the fighter squadrons.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

RaySmuckles posted:

lol forever at "death sticks"

drugs should be named something cool

like..."death sticks"

hmm, poo poo

Death sticks give you the death shits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Bbbbut the movie had to prove the point that rich people are bad.

Or what it both sides are sorta bad?