Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
it refers to my erection, and the nickname i gave it

honored to be part of Star Wars history at this year's The Star Wars Star Wars Convention, thanks to J J for making this dream become woke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo

WatermelonGun posted:

evidently this film was written around unused footage of carrie fischer boofin the benzos

why does Carrie Fischer spend half the film covering her face with a cape, like a vampire? oh well

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo

Edgar posted:

I hope they stop making these space muppet monster movies

there hasn't been even a single Farscape movie and you know it!

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
Star Wars Episode IX script written by the editors at Cracked.com

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
my name is Watto ; I love to get blotto

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
i want to eat the space flapjacks made on a cyber-griddle by Dexter Jettster

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
I dzzzon't know noth-ing♪ 'bout birthzzzing ba-bie-z-z-z-z.♪ [clacking of metal claws]

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
the worst part of TLJ wasn't the 'your mom' joke or anything like that--it was the broom-child actor's absolutely flat and unenthusiastic "woo" as he released the space-horses

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo

Applewhite posted:

That's why we need Verhoven. Dude would lean into it. Episode I could have been like Starship Troopers where the whole movie is subtly making GBS threads all over the original. An ironic Phantom Menace would have owned.

according to Cinema Discusso, this is what we got

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo

Bogus Adventure posted:

How to Succeed in Smuggling Without Really Trying

change that m to an n and you got yourself a deal

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo

Earwicker posted:

the new movies dont suck anymore than the old movies imo.

:chloe:

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo

The Clowner posted:

my top 5 star wars-related groans

1) palp laughing in the ros trailer

same, but on account of the orgasm

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo

Randarkman posted:

That'd be no obstacle towards framing it as a white savior narrative, where the white character quickly assumes the non-white culture and becomes a leader and paragon amongst them.

The movie could easily have been done in this way, but ultimately it kind of becomes a subversion. He shows audacity and in the beginning it works well for him but his luck starts to run out out as the movie progresses. He thinks he understands the Arabs (the Bedouin that is) but really doesn't, which is illustrated in scenes where it's made clear that his assumptions that the Arabs will follow him unconditionally simply because of his reputation for victory are wrong and many are simply there for the promise of booty and towards the end he's caused the death of two of his close companions (who did in a way worship him) and emotionally driven away his one real friend/lover as he indulges in self-pity and blooldust, when he rides towards the Damascus his own personal force is made up solely of criminals and fugitives whose loyalty he has bought. There's many more instances of how the movie kind of teases you with the framework of the white savior narrative but ultimately deconstructs it as it explores Lawrence's character.

and on a wider political level the entire movie is about how the western powers betrayed and hosed over their arab allies lol at calling it a white savior narrative

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo

Colonel Cancer posted:

McClunky is basically the n-word of the far away galaxy, you bantha poodle

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

If you can’t be racist against fictional characters, then prove it: call Mace Windu maclunkey

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo

An Ounce of Gold posted:

WTF is Snap Wexley? I thought his name was Fat Parkman

give Star Wars to Hideo Kojima

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo

lmao

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo

Zane posted:

interesting in what way

here is what i remember about her character from watching TFA once, back when it first came out:

she is competent and naturally talented but her circumstances have trained her to sometimes act selfishly and cowardly; she is a hypocrite for telling Poe to stop being a coward just before she herself is faced with a similar dilemma and acts cowardly; she is reluctant almost to the point of aggression, rough around the edges, almost feral.

maybe i am misremembering or only imagining the movie i wish i was watching with my reception of it buoyed by goodwill, but these are interesting characteristics for a protagonist yet the next time we see her she's become even more bland than Luke in ANH.

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
so this is Cinema Discusso

*shudder*

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo

Often Abbreviated posted:

Mods namechange pls

no me I want it

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
If I had a football... I would gently caress it!

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
the philistines were, of course, far more culturally developed than their enemies would have them

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

But Finn actually rocks the lightsaber and holds his own against Kylo Ren, a trained Force user. That battle was filmed to show us Finn's latent Force ability

that battle was filmed to show us that Finn’s loyalty and love of his friends wins out over his fear and self-concern and causes him to fight even in the face of nearly certain death, which is a significant piece of character development, but then—

quote:

but then is forgotten and goes absolutely nowhere.

—yeah

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo

what's the source for this?
it would be very funny if true but twitter is a piece of poo poo and i can't figure out how to link back to wherever this person is getting this from

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo

it's okay, the gap will close as both sides cease to recognize irony in any form and they will unite to purge the earth of those English teachers who persist in propagating a dangerous myth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo

Chomp8645 posted:

quote:

“yeah I’m not gonna read any of the stuff you send me and this is irritating”

look, you can only pretend to be interested in so many articles about sand before you have to say 'enough' and draw a line in... the...