Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

teagone posted:

Dorne is currently leaderless after Ellaria was captured by Euron; she's still being held prisoner in King's Landing. Maybe Dorne still pledged to Dany, no idea.

He didn't just capture Ellaria, he destroyed their fleets. Dorne is basically out of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Yeah you're right. My bad.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

That's something that should probably be confined to the spoiler thread, but it sounds like hot garbage.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

esperterra posted:

I love the implication that nerdy bookish Rhaegar was so uncreative he named both of his songs Aegon.

Wasn't it a prophecy thing? He needed the right son to be named Aegon? I might be completely misremembering this.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

When Harry met Cersei

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

No elephants :(

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So with what money is she paying these Mercs because she is flat broke as was a crucial plot point a few seasons ago

Guess the writers forgot.

There was a rather large part of last season dedicated to sacking highgarding and moving out all the gold they stole

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Aggro posted:

That was a shockingly easy rescue

Honestly I'm just glad something went smoothly for Theon for once in his sorry life

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

here we go :swoon:

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Jesus christ the Umber boy

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

what the loving gently caress gently caress gently caress

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

what the actual fuckign gently caress was that

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Lasagna Pilot posted:

That jump scare was lit

I nearly loving shat myself jesus tapdancing christ

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Did we ever find out why the white walkers communicate exclusively in mandalas made of corpses?

I'm hoping we actually get some backstory on that this season, but they seem to enjoy making symbols out of bodyparts that match the formations Bran saw in one of the earlier seasons so there has to be something there

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Automatonic Water posted:

I dont get it, literally season 1 episode 1 the baratheons, lannisters and starks were all hanging out in the same house, why is it suddenly contrived to have the plot important guys here again at the plot-important location

Because people love to hate the show

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

veni veni veni posted:

Did Jamie defect last season? I’m in the middle of the episode and I think I forgot what happened with him last season and why Cersei wants him killed.

Yea, he told Cersei to gently caress off and headed north in the last episode of season 7

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

veni veni veni posted:

Sorry every GOT post I make is poo poo I forgot, but what was the dynamic between Bran and Jamie? Like, I remember Jamie paralyzed him by pushing him out the window while he was boning his sister, but why again doesn't everyone know Jamie did it and did Jamie know that he lived?

Also, I kind of forgot Jamie was probably the biggest pile of poo poo on the show for the first couple of seasons. Totally forgot he tried to murder a kid so he wouldn't be embarrassed. IIRC he got that fat kid killed too for reasons I no longer remember. Impressive that they managed to make him a fan favorite in the end.

Maybe I need to do a rewatch cause I'm mostly operating on vague memories at this point lol.

Bran didn't remember what happened and everyone else assumed he fell because he was always climbing around the walls and poo poo.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Mizaq posted:

Who is Dave Hill?

The really bad writer behind all the Olly crap

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Zaphod42 posted:

I really thought Dondarrion's days were numbered after his magic rez cleric died, but ... nah he's fine I guess? lol this show. The writers just can't keep up with all the balls in the air.

You know he needs to die before he gets resurrected right? Like, some of the criticism you write here is the dumbest poo poo I've read in years, and I read the Dave Hill spoilers.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

esperterra posted:

Yeah Beric is only going away if a. he dies or b. he gives his 'fire' to bring someone else back.

I'm assuming option a will happen soon.

I'm assuming option b because that's what he does in the books, but both are equally possibly I suppose.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

VagueRant posted:

Everyone talking about happy endings and bad endings, no one considers that it might resolve nothing and just end in the middle because people love a mystery and anything that builds discussion.

Or a cliffhanger to be resolved in a movie sequel.

I saw an interview with an actor earlier today, not entirely sure but I think it was John Bradley, and he said "the one thing I can say for sure is that the show does have an actual ending".

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Knowing the writers and their love of awful dramatic irony you know it’s going to be option B and it’s going to be Sandor that gets the fire.

I was thinking Sansa to be honest. As a sort of Lady Stoneheart.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

LividLiquid posted:

I'm re-watching this episode and I really don't understand how people can say nothing happened. It's non-stop characters interacting who haven't interacted in years, if at all ever. It's amazing.

Yeah, it was really high paced and a lot of poo poo got recapped/tied together. It was real good for a first episode imo.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

The sad part about Tyrion is how they changed his motivation from "person filled with hate because his father had his wife gangraped" to "person who drinks too much and knows things". Season 1-4 Tyrion was so much better than season 5+ Tyrion, and that's the one thing I really blame D&D for.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

To be fair, that would be really loving funny.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Lemon posted:

so is Jaime gonna offer to give Bran a push in the next episode or what

Bran will ask him to give him a hand

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

SimonChris posted:

I would still like to know what the Night Kings plan was if Dany had never arrived. Was he just going to march to the wall and go "drat, I really hoped we would have found a dragon by now."

Considering how much he interacts with Bran in his matrix-state, the Night King is probably a greenseer too. Which meant he knew Dany was coming north with her dragons.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Sam was really loving upset about his brother, and Bradley did an excellent job acting out those scenes.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

has waning enthusiasm for last/this season killed it?

What?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

this show sure is going downhill :thunk:

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

TXT BOOTY7 2 47474 posted:

it's popular so it's good

This was a response to people talking about "the waning interest in the show".

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Its Coke posted:

Why is the Iron Bank still lending Cersei insane amounts of money even though she'll obviously never be able to pay any of it back

Because she literally just paid back everything she owed?

Midgetskydiver posted:

Congratulations on putting more thought into the plot than the show runners.

Congratulations on spending more time whining about plot holes than actually watching the show, which would have shown you the holes were in your head all along.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Zaphod42 posted:

Dude chill

"Congrats on spending more time whining about people whining about plot holes..." :jerkbag: comeon

Are you a tcjimbo tribute act or something?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

mcbexx posted:

Has it been mentioned that we know the fate of Eddy, the Lannister soldier played by Ed Sheeren in Season 7?

One of the whores entertaining Bronn mentions him

"I see fire" indeed

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Magic is dead I say while watching a person get resurrected while another one gives birth to a shadow demon.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

porfiria posted:

I have no idea but apparently she annihilated every other great house in the south and is ruling unopposed in King's Landing? And everyone dresses in black now?

They pretty much annihilated each other. Tywin was the great strategist, and almost everything since then has been Euron and Jaime. Though I suppose we should give her credit for blowing up the sept which pretty much removed any rivals she had left in King's Landing.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

porfiria posted:

What happened to the Tyrell and Martell armies? Weren't they the biggest in the Seven Kingdoms?

The bulk of the Tyrell army was House Tarly and their people. Jaime appealed to Lord Tarly's xenophobic side and convinced him to abandon his oath to House Tyrell to fight the 'horde of savages'. House Martell is leaderless and stuck in Dorne after Euron captured Ellaria Sand and sank the iron fleet.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

I don't think I've ever seen anyone say Kelly C outside of these forums

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

lezard_valeth posted:

If I were D&D and knew ahead of time that the gurm was never gonna finish his series, I would have cut from the start all the inconsequential plots that went nowhere (Dany loving around Qarth and Mereen too. The Sand Snakes plot could still be salvageable)

Remove Stannis, introduce Victarion instead.
Have Balon in his demented ideas of grandeur attempt to strike both the North and King's Landing at once while the Starks and Lannister are busy fighting. Send Victarion to protagonize the Blackwater Battle. (or alternatively don't introduce Victarion and have Balon do something and lead the attack himself)
Euron sneaks back from Valyria and is the one that uses magic to kill Renly causing the Tyrells to join forces with the Lannister and screw up the plans of his brother, setting up his election for the Kingsmoot.
Instead of Stannis attacking Mance Rayder's camp, have the WW do it, forcing Mance Rayder and the free folk to retreat and fortify in Hardhome. This sets up the possibility for negotiations with Jon Snow (I give you passage through the Wall if you help me with this bastard prick)
The only thing left to settle is where Melisandre comes from to resurrect Jon. Or just scrap her too. Have Bran do it. Give Bran something to do instead of handing cryptic pieces of trivia in the Winterfell patio

Also while you are at it, either tone down Ramsay or ham him up even more and have the Boltons be actual vampires. It would at least explain his shirtless victory against Yara.

This is some Dave Hill tier stuff right here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

lezard_valeth posted:

Tyrion, Arya and Sansa are safe.

They've been setting up Tyrion going gently caress Dany for a while now, so I sincerely doubt he's safe.