Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

the song of ice and fire is gonna be cersei loving the night king after they successfully kill dany and jon and tyrion and all their other enemies and become eternal undead king and queen of westeros

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

the show better end with cersei being queen and everyone else dead or im officially registering a complaint

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

ill also accept dany becoming queen but only if she goes full Mad KIng and has her dragons burn up jon for trying to usurp her throne

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

show would have been a lot better without the zombie poo poo at all and just been people killing each other for power or w/e. at least the last episodes arent going to waste time on it

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Zaphod42 posted:

At this point the side characters seem pretty safe. Why have Davos or Missandei live through the battle of Winterfell only to die at the battle of King's Landing? But could happen I guess.

theyre saving all of them for when dany goes full targ and burns everyone up

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

i thought the battle was pretty cool, at least the earlier parts of it, even if the mongols just getting immediately wiped out didnt make much sense. i didnt really get why arya after effortlessly massacring like 50 zombies at once then snuck around hiding from like 4 of them in panic though.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

i thought this episode was pretty good. dany snapping and going full targ was cool if a bit too rapid a shift. jon being ned 2.0 and being too Honorable and Loyal to do whats necessary (gently caress his aunt and/or betray his queen) and as a consequence getting hundreds of thousands of people genocided was nice. the actual depiction of the destruction and death in the city was well done and pretty horrifying.

hopefully next episode isnt just jon killing her and becoming the honorable King

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Charles Get-Out posted:

It's going to be a pretty hard sell to end it any other way, honestly, especially for this writing team. Unless they jump another set of sharks, I'm pretty much going through the motions of waiting for the last ep cause I fully expect this to happen.

yeah my guess for next episode is somehow tyrion or arya sacrificing themself and dying to kill dany and jon becoming the reluctant, frowny face king.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

The REAL Goobusters posted:

The Daenerys turning insane on a dime feels unearned despite them telegraphing it from season 1 because the past two seasons have been incredibly rushed. The way a lot of characters died on this episode just felt like poo poo as well.

Yeah before this season I rewatched the first four, and really the main difference to me is the pacing has totally sped up for the worse.

This doesn't apply to most shows, but GoT would have probably benefited if they had slowed down and spread poo poo out over another season or two and stuck with the earlier seasons pacing

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Shot:

https://twitter.com/madisynnunan/status/1127767730566754304?s=19

Chaser:

https://twitter.com/Dee_Uh_Kill_Ee/status/1127904723225468928?s=19

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Luna Was Here posted:

Saw an interesting take crop up on my Twitter feed (not sure from where). I know there's a lot of opinions flying around about last night's episode, hadn't seen this one brought up. Thoughts?
https://twitter.com/CarolynsGeekOut/status/1127769566501728256?s=19

Lol

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Tei posted:

Every house is return to his original positions and a new game start. Time is a circle. The game never ends.

I could see this. dany is killed, Jon goes to the wall like aemon, gendry baratheon is made the rightful king as new heir to Robert, sansa is warden of the north, Tyrion the new head of the lannisters, etc

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Euron is the sand snakes of season 8

I don't think the Dany thing came out of nowhere at all, although the response was definitely not proportional. She crucified an entire city like 4 seasons ago and then george w bushed it into chaos, and just like GWB people are ok with that sort of thing "over there" but see it in a different light when it's over here.

But to me the one thing I am dissapointed with when it comes to "what I wanted to happen" is just stuff about the lore and background. Loads of details about gods and background players that have no payoff.

Dany burning Kings landing probably made the Lord of light pretty happy. Ice and fire, fire wins.

The Lord of light clearly gave her the Dragons for this purpose, she was simply fulfilling her role to purge the non-believers in fire

Sheng-Ji Yang fucked around with this message at 10:13 on May 14, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Dumb Lowtax posted:

It's interesting to hear the British side of things; to hear what all these British actors and actresses have to tell us about the world in general through their TV show. Their message for us seems to be, "It's no big deal at all when a kingdom decides to break off from a loose, mutually beneficial union of countries. It's a smooth, easy process. Just sever previous economic and political relationships for the sake of independence if you're suspicious of foreigners."

this is just a joke or w/e but there is a tremendous difference between dividing up modern integrated economic blocs in globalized capitalism vs switching around which feudal Lord you pay taxes to in a mostly agrarian peasant society.