Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Ham posted:

A note regarding multiplayer, the game will have segregated multiplayer across the different platforms, so a GoG user wouldn't be able to play with a Steam user.

What the hell. Why???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Thinking ima get this game. I thought about getting EU4 for a long time, but I fell into the classic Paradox Trap. Which is to say I held off at release to let patches and expansions do their work, then forgot about it for a long time, then when I thought about it again the total DLC package was like $150 even on full sale lol. So I completely missed the magical 6.5 week period wherein Paradox games are both good quality and good value.

Plus I like the idea of EU4 but with characters. Watching EU4 seemed to be good strategy but dry, whereas CK2 was full of flavor but the combat was kind of dumb and not interesting. I'm hoping this will be a good blend of the two, and I really like the Roman era of history.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Pops! Maps! Beards!

- Paradox Marketing Presentation

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
As a person of Italian descent, I must play as Rome in order to honor the last my people were any good at anything.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Really disappointed there isn't a single dot somewhere representing some ancient dirigible experiment.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Roma = Amor

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Is there ever any thought or endeavor related to a Paradox game that isn't met with a "hmm hold off for now, best to wait for a patch/DLC" response?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Hey guys do you think I should play this game after work today or should wait for the first DLC?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Drone posted:

The most damning review that I heard so far: "It reminds me of Stellaris 1.0"

Oof.

Ack!!!

Say it ain't so.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Pooned posted:

What is this connect to paradox nonsense before I can literally click the multiplayer?

I think it wants you to connect to Paradox before you play multiplayer.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Anno posted:

The reviews I’ve read so far basically say the opposite, assuming they’re talking about how generally minimal Stellaris was at launch. Even people like TJ Hafer, who’ve played thousands of hours of EU4 and CK2, seem to think it’s pretty intricate and demanding.

imo the main problem with launch Stellaris is that it was bad and dumb in general. Also this applies to post-launch Stellaris and probably all other Stellaris time frames.

This game doesn't look bad or dumb, in fact it appears to be good. So I'd say it definitely has a leg up.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

RabidWeasel posted:

There's an Indo-Greek Kingdom formable!

:captainpop:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
My goodness, this high profile game that released four minutes ago is experiencing a rush of log-ins.

*monocle pops off in surprise, clatters on floor*

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

canepazzo posted:

Where can I see what jobs are available? I'm doing the tutorial and tons of families are clamoring for jobs. No bootstraps in Rome seems like.

The more things change the more they stay the same.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Hammerstein posted:

I'm a monster, game lets you imprison new-born babies.

Imperator: Border Patrol Edition

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Oblivion Portraits

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I am the Senate!

*force lightnings you*

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Are there any simple ways to boost mana generation other than spending cash? I feel like it's taking an eternity as Rome to assimilate/convert/promote pops just on the home peninsula unless I completely ignore other functions. I am using the assimilation province policies.

Maybe it's supposed to take a long time and that's fine. Just want to make sure I'm not missing something because I don't see any significant way to affect mana generation other than "hope your consul has good stats" and "don't let populists get control and make everything expensive".

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Is "one tile at a time" the only way to build roads or am I missing something?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

AnEdgelord posted:

So ck2 has its crusades and mongol invasions, eu4 has its reformations and revolutions, and stellaris has its various space apocalypses.

What does imperator have?

DLC

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I want to know why a character having, say, dementia doesn't seem to hinder their election to Consul. Like it's one thing if they develop it while in office, but my Senate just seems to love this old, dementia-riddled baffoon and they elected him while he already had it.

Actually that makes me realize I have no idea what, if anything, affects the "likely to be next Consul" status. Is it basically just random or can you affect it somehow?

Meme Poker Party fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Apr 28, 2019

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Converting cash to mana just seems so expensive. Is it recommended to do it all the time or only after a certain point once your income has grown? I've been not doing it all in the early game because I want to invest the money in marketplaces and such instead. Am I doing it wrong?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

cheesetriangles posted:

Playing as Rome and got real sick of Phrygia and Egypt being allied and also protecting Macedon so I did was what was only natural. Built a giant navy and blocked the strait crossing and proceeded to absolutely trash their armies as I slowly let them trickle across into my waiting armies. I lost about 10k men they lost about 200k and I lost not a single battle.

Roma Invicta

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
The kind of person who loves these games so much that they'd enjoy this release state already own the game. Everyone else should wait for the Summer update at a minimum.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Mugsbaloney posted:

Aaaaagh I can't decide

I guarantee that 100% of people who have ever posted this in a games thread ended up buying the same day.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Fellblade posted:

Definitely something going on here because I was just about to invade 4 city Knossos, who I then found out had 60k troops.

Sometimes the troop counts are just real funny. Like as Rome I went after one of the tiny, 2-city powers inside the boot. They had 38 cohorts, and they had had that amount raised forever. They had almost no morale though. I'm guessing the AI just sometimes sees "army costing too much, need to reduce", and instead of sensibly disbanding some troops, it just puts it's giant unsustainable stack on low maintenance so their morale tanks and they aren't effective anyway. As for the manpower, I don't know how much two little cities should have but it seems like a lot. May just be standard AI cheats though.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
So like, for Rome: an Etruscan would be wrong culture, while an Iceni would be wrong culture group? That basically how it goes?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Dang that's a lot of dudes.

Imperator: Barbarossa

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Am I blind or is there no way to make the clock display the year in BC? (I know you can mouse over it for this).

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

reignonyourparade posted:

Supposedly ironman compatible mods exist for this. I haven't tried them.

I guess that works but it seems crazy to me that mods are needed for something like "display time in a format normal human beings after familiar with".

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I'm gonna summon the court wizard and demand an explanation for why this mana is just so gosh dang slow!

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Sydin posted:

Meanwhile oratory is used for loving EVERYTHING.

Orator: Rome

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Jack2142 posted:

well the Sabines conquered them?

Revenge of the Sabine Women

Should be an achievement.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I conquered Cathago as Rome last night and didn't sack the city. I immediately regretted it. I was too swayed by the pop loss plus unrest modifier since the peace deal was going to bring me over 50 Aggressive Expansion.

Not only did I miss an achievement, but I brought shame to my ancestors.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I want to know why the manpower blessing only increases your maximum manpower and doesn't do anything for the regen rate. It's useless. The only scenario it makes any sense in is if you want to temporarily exceed your "normal" cap just before a war, knowing that once it starts you're going to lose people. But if you are planning ahead like that then you might as well just use the +discipline blessing instead.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Is it a display issue then? I've definitely check my manpower before and after activiting the manpower blessing and it sure looked like the cap went up but not the regen rate.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
There should just be a Decision option to redistribute slaves throughout the empire if the amount in your capital reaches a certain amount.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Impopator: Pops of Rome

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
*A citizen moves through the slave-flooded streets of Rome like Captain Kirk through a mass of tribbles*

"My God there's so many of them. They're going to devour all the grain!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

reignonyourparade posted:

They HAVE a bland wargame but it serves as a delivery vehicle for "Austria betrayed me in a war so I joined the protestant league" and "man I got Talented and Ambitious Daughter as Brandenburg just in time for her to be ruler when I form Prussia, that's a fun history to think about" so that you're interacting with things instead of just reading the output of a random number generator.

Is this guy trying to make a coherent point or is he just saying "I like EU4" in a really weird way?