Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

is there a way to turn off chromatic aberration? i looked in the cfgs and everything and couldnt see it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

is there a way to tell when you're riposting properly other than the slight time difference? i wish it shot out a bunch of sparks like in sekiro

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Phlegmish posted:

If they do add that I hope it's in a completely separate expansion, Deadliest Warrior style. I kind of like the narrow thematical focus that Mordhau has right now.

id love a big mixed dual mode with proper matchmaking though

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Am I a bad person if whenever I walk past a noncombatant lute player I give him a little love kick before turning away and moving onwards.

i do this but with extreme long distance archers

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

If the game was realistic the fully armored knights would be immune to almost all of the weapons except big blunt ones plus poleaxe/halberd/crossbow, and to kill anyone in full armor you would have to wrestle them into submission until you could hold them still long enough to shove a dagger through their helmet's eyeslit.

if it was truly realistic all your teammates would get angry at you afterwards because a fully plate armored dude would get a nice ransom from his dad

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

now that things have settled a little i'm having lots of fun going on to dual servers and just poking two hander guys in the head with a rapier from max range while they try to do weird morph drags at me

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

timn posted:

IMO the executioner sword is going to become a noob trap when the average player skill gets high enough and people stop taking any of its stabs seriously. When it becomes safe to assume that an exec sword will feint or morph any stab because the consequence of eating one is so low, then whoops half the mixup game is gone.

you just gotta do a few stabs at the start so they think its a thing you do

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Motherfucker posted:

My take on horses is they are a skill negation mechanic where the normal rule of if a baby shithead comes across a real life shithead who is never the less much better at mordhau than the baby shithead would lose every single encounter hands down. Its like someone else in the thread mentioned if you had five guys capable of finding which end of the stick goes in the other dude than you pretty much have frontlines in the bag, so in order to improve the over-all fun of frontlines you need ways in which the special class kids can drive a short-bus or in this case, a horse, over the tops of the twitchy power-gamers. Thus things like horses and catapults... temporary, slow (overall) kill rate, unreliable ways to allow an absolute inbreed to take out a much better player... flattening out the game and avoiding the chivarly problem of power gaming autists helicoptering around aggressively defending themselves from having fun.
yeah theyre annoying as poo poo but i've never seen horses change the course of a game or really have any effect at all. its like jets in battlefield. archers are basically the same way except theyre snipers in battlefield.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

Uhh. On camp Red can just be spawncamped by two horses. Horses and the spawns are one of the many terrible map design decisions.

i think the spawns are just the most obvious symptom of how lovely the frontline map design can be. i see people (unintentionally??) spawncamp all the time because its pretty easy to just wander into them and any kind of organised griefing with engineers or something can make things really lovely

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

I'm at the level where i can handle normal swordfighting but every duel server has one dude who runs directly into your face while doing insane wide swaying drags and i cant even tell what i'm supposed to be parrying

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Farm Frenzy posted:

I'm at the level where i can handle normal swordfighting but every duel server has one dude who runs directly into your face while doing insane wide swaying drags and i cant even tell what i'm supposed to be parrying

i figured out what all of these guys are doing!!! turns out that if you combine weird looking up-dragged overheads with morphs your opponent will be confused as poo poo

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

i dont mind any most of the actual design of taiga but running across those logs and getting around the camp walls ove rand over and over is miserable. they just need to move the spawns a bit or make them slower but closer or something

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Borsche69 posted:

I just don't know why people seem so determined to do everything but play with the very enjoyable mechanics. Same with career horses, archers, catapults. Is the swordplay really that intimidating? Just play the goddamn game!

they're bad at the game.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

i keep getting completely wrecked by duel tryhards doing weird feint morph drags with the mace so its definitely got something going for it

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Stretch Marx posted:

You mean the same chat that screams racial and homophobic slurs every two seconds between ez and lawl? Truly the pulse of the fan base.

Not everyone wants only sword fighting in a medieval fighting game. Horses happened. The literal largest contiguous empire was founded on a flat grassland and horses. Get over it.

You people don't want medieval war sim. You want CS:GO with swords.

how many medieval wars were fought between armies of 32 people with exactly two horsemen & three lute players on each side

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

cerebral posted:

I've become convinced that the power of horses in this game is largely psychological. If people would adopt your attitude and actually fight against them, they would crumple, and we wouldn't see dudes going 56 and 3 playing my little pony for an entire round. If archers would shoot them, that would also be magical, but I won't hold my breath waiting on that, much better to fire arrows from spawn in hopes that they magically land on an enemy out of visual range.

its 100% psychological because horses basically ahve no impact on what team wins or loses, so theres no real reason to spend lots of time trying to chase them down with your teammates. which in turn just makes the 2-3 times you get bumped into every game even more annoying

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

cerebral posted:

Anyone have any thoughts on 1h vs. 2h Messer?
i think unlike the bastard sword it just effects the timings very slightly so there's no real reason to one hand without a shield, as far as weaknesses go its stabs are pretty bad so its less versatile than the longsword.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

cerebral posted:

Yeah I was pleased at his responses. I feel bad for him though, just having watched his streams for the last couple of weeks, you can see the soul just withering inside him.

The people complaining about drag stabs got a pretty good response, which consisted of (paraphrasing), "It's the easiest attack in the game to parry, it's the easiest attack in the game to chamber, you can't accel it, but you want us to nerf the drag even more than it already has been??? Ummm, if we did that, stabs would never ever land on anyone with a high level of skill."

did he say anything about making it more readable? i think all these weird mechanics would be fine if you could actually tell when theyre being used without carefully memorising animations for hours

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

VulgarandStupid posted:

This is also me, but usually only get replies of “we know.” It’s hard to poo poo talk back to someone who’s typing I’m gay when he’s destroying everyone, but if they try I usually respond with “imagine not being gay in 2019”

'i hosed your dad' is always a classic if you wanna just bamboozle some teen into shutting up

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

i dont like what they did to the movement but i do like that the game just fuckin tell me whats going on and how i'm getting killed instead of leaving it to vague interpretation

School Nickname posted:

I'm convinced this will either heavily limit the playerbase or straight up kill the game stone dead, if they don't do a massive marketing campaign for the steam release.

they kinda said that they consider the steam release to be a second launch or the real launch or whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

i'd love full on matchmaking for duels with deadliest warrior guys added