Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

nsfw
Selections from an Easyrider. Let me know if those shorts need a nsfw tag. Sorry about the glare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

I have a hilarious amount of old Easyriders. What do you all want to see? Pictures of people, bikes, weird merch (fyi warning there is a lot of swastika poo poo), gross comics, or whatever? I don't want to make it weird with too much nsfw stuff.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Happy to oblige. I have this pile of them that I wound up with. Again, let know if something should have been tagged nsfw. We'll continue with another pass on the same issue.

AKZ fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Oct 14, 2021

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

nsfw

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

I like the singular non-biker related nihilist cartoon that shows up once an issue.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Tonally it's really weird to watch it go from this occasional wistful outsider-art poetry and illustration to six pages of cock fighting.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

nsfw

and always remember

no putt no butt

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

nsfw

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Sir Nose posted:

Lol that pic reminded me I have this (sorry for crappy quality of photo):

Someone left this treasure, framed and everything, in the basement of a house I lived in during grad school. I've been toting it around for years, apparently for just this moment.

Haha, heck ya. I'm always amused when I'm somewhere and stuff like that is displayed. I'm sure Easyriders framed posters are hanging up in a lot of pole barns throughout the midwest.

nsfw

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

The racism throughout the MC culture in general is kind of a weird one. Talking to family who rode as near as I can figure out it tends to fluctuate club to club and has a strong regional/demographic influence. Please realize I'm not trying to make some statement on the broader (and in a lot of cases pronounced) racism of bikers and goddamn advertising nazi gear is real lovely, but you do run into odd contradictions from what you would expect here and there.

I can post the article if people want me to, but really it was pretty brief and was just Duke kind of blurting out an attempt at a sanitized summary of the KKK.

This stuff is kind of what challenges me on documenting the magazines because the last thing I want to do is be perceived as presenting it as valid messages, but I think it's interesting to see just what was then seen as normal run of the mill content.

I hope that explains it in a way people can understand. If we want to manage the thread in a way that doesn't include some content I'm totally fine with it, just let me know.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

How about a muscle trike, a cane that's a pipe, or a pool cue that's a cane-pipe, and a long essay on helmets just titled SKREEEEEEEEEEEEEE

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Gutter Phoenix posted:

Yeah, this was my concern when I posted Easyriders, Outlaw Biker, Soldier of Fortune, et cetera earlier in the thread. I don't want people to think I'm glamorizing the racist, sexist poo poo. I just think it's interesting. Seriously, I am fascinated by outsider groups and why they believe what they believe. I also love lowbrow trashy poo poo, just like I love fine art and classical music.

Thanks for posting these. My wife just bought a new printer/ scanner, so as soon as I can get our desk in order and set up my computer, I'll be able to start posting cool poo poo again!

Thanks, and yea, I don't want to give the impression I'm glamorizing it either.

I do have access to a scanner, but honestly I have so many of these things that snapping pics with my phone is just about the only way to do it. I tried sitting down and digitizing a couple with the scanner, but it takes so goddamn long and you still get the interior crease fold anyhow. If someone really wants a clean scan of anything let me know and I'll do my best.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

A cover from 1976 with a hint of areola. How European!

nsfw

I cannot get past "Minestronie Leather Products"

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Slightly nsfw cover

nsfw

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Don't sleep on the skull decal with pill eyes smoking a joint. I have enough of these to post for...a year? I'll start every post w the cover of that issue.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

I'm just happy someone appreciates this weird bullshit. It was the exact reason I saved the collection from getting tossed.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

nsfw

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Whooo poo poo. Was about to post a pic of a page of letters but that is some gross poo poo and just...nah. I'm going to have to read the text closer if I post any.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

nsfw

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

nsfw

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

nsfw

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

hey buddy don't forget about jaw piercing knock off Hunter S Thompson up there

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

jfc I think you're right

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

So apparently you aren't supposed to post nudity or hatespeech to imgur, which uh, Easyriders have a decent amount of and let's be honest the nudity and documenting gross nazi poo poo is half the lurid appeal.

I don't want to mess up the imgur upload with the SA app (I don't know how that poo poo works) and other image hosting sites seem...not efficient.

Any recommendations?

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Huh, well the hell with it. More grody Easyriders incoming.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Huh, interesting. I've searched in the awful app thread and looked around, but still don't fully get how the insert imgur image option works for the android awful app. I don't see any options to have it send to specific galleries. Is there something obvious I'm missing before I ask in the app thread?

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Nothing deleted, but more interested in where images handled that way go. Like, is there just some weird compendium of goon pictures on imgur somewhere that were all uploaded using the app?

:iiam:

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

nsfw

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Antivehicular posted:

Man, I know the content of these pickup manuals probably sucks, but there's something weirdly charming to me about their being based on "here's how you find ladies who are DTF and then pick them up" vs. the modern "women are robots who can be reprogrammed with magic spells to service your dick" PUA poo poo.

Hah, yea I was reading the part where they mention interviewing 25 (!) women and I was like "huh, sounds like they just asked gals what turns them on and then took careful notes."

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Scratch Monkey posted:

“Unwashed, unemployed dirtbags with little more to their names than a motorcycle and a lot of nazi paraphernalia really turn me on!”

I mean...from the plethora of titties it kind of seems like it, I guess? The 70's were weird.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

I'm partial to this guy

There seems to be more drug manufacturing ads popping up too. I'm going through these more or less chronologically so we'll see what the mid to late 70's will bring. Ngl I'm excited to see the 80's content.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

This one was missing the cover so who knows
e: Found the cover

Behold the gooniest easyrider
nsfw

AKZ fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Dec 21, 2021

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Ok this one is missing the cover, has some water damage (or just as likely a combination of Hamms beer and bongwater), and some judgemental opinions of Oscar Wilde.

nsfw

AKZ fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Dec 21, 2021

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

nsfw

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

also this guy reminds of my spite-filled cat when it hauls itself to the top of the scratching post and glares at me

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

No kidding right? Armageddon-3 better deliver because that ad is intense.

e:...and ayn rand has entered the biker-gently caress book

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Gutter Phoenix posted:

Thanks again for your contributions! I already posted all of the biker mags I own earlier in the thread, so it's nice to see some new (to me) crazy, sleazy, casually racist 70's smut. 'Twas a different era...

Sure thing, I'm glad people find it interesting. Both of my parents and a couple of the guys on my dad's side of the family rode throughout the 70's, 80's, and early 90's. I remember my dad's weird biker friends turning up at the house when I was young. My dad didn't put up with any of the nazi poo poo, he has always been solidly anti-racist from growing up on reservations and service in Vietnam.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

nsfw

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

The cali bikers have a very specific look, it seems like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

The covers get a bit awkward

nsfw

AKZ fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Dec 25, 2021