Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat
Will this result in any meaningful change to moderation or did you just make this thread to play victim because you refuse to ban a poster who wants to put kids in concentration camps?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat

TTerrible posted:

This thread is what spawned this, for those joining late.

I really don't think "it's ok to talk about every fascist in trad gaming apart from the ones that post in Trad Games" is a great ground rule for a thread, honestly. I know callout threads are heavily frowned on but :shrug:

And the poster that Beer is protecting is of this quality:

quote:

It's not a good solution, but likening them to concentration camps is jumping the shark. At least call it what it is: jailing I don't agree with. Unless you can post some info that says the living conditions of these people are subhuman or they are being detained for no reason (even if you don't agree with being arrested for illegal entry, doesn't mean it isn't a reason).
Ironically the fact that children are separated from their children isn't even a Trump thing. It's just he is enforcing it with zero tolerance, meaning that parents are being prosecuted for crimes. This unfortunately was legislated to mean separation of child and parent.

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Yes, I refuse to ban a poster who was already banned for a post that was made before I even became a moderator.

"Welp he's already been banned once but he's back again my hands are tied."

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat
It's not the post it's the poster.

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat

Seldom Posts posted:

What Beer wants is feedback on this position. I don't see an issue with banning Aba, but I'm also sure if Beer does it that other posters will start trying to comb through people's histories to get them banned as well, and the logic will get more and and more specious, because there are some assholes around here who don't care about fascism, but would like to bully people. (Not BMS, for the record). So if Beer gives in here, he's gotta deal with that bullshit, whereas the simple standard of "post fascist stuff=you get banned" is a lot easier to enforce and deal with.

No one has helldumped or post-mined anyway, and I've always been against both because people can change. We've already had one featured person in the fash thread buy an account so they could explain themselves and tell us how they've grown, and another apologise for hosting said fash and has deleted all related content on their channel.

Like we keep saying in the fash thread, witch hunts are bad and never necessary because these fucks are always happy to out themselves.

BIG MEATY SHITS fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Apr 29, 2019

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat
That's extremely my poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat

LordAba posted:

In addressing the second point, I believe it was Beer that posted a study of some of the horrible conditions in these locations.

Hey so he did:

Beer when you said "gently caress off. Forever" did you really mean "gently caress off. Forever. Unless I become a mod and actually have the ability to ban you in which case I'll just probe everyone asking me to ban you instead."?