Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

exquisite tea posted:

When people are talking about Lagon being overtuned, do they mean the story or the monolith? Story Lagon took me a few tries but the monolith one is simply ridiculous for the level, I was clearing the 90s before finally killing him.

Lol just got to this and it’s gonna take me a few times. I’m a level 75?ish Surge/Static/Flamebrand sword mage and the combination of stun + stagger + push + multiple one-shot attacks is kinda rough. I have enough ward generation that I can ignore everything else as long as I’m wailing on a tentacle, but I’ve gotten him to 25-30% two or three times and then get bumped into a one-shot.

The build feels pretty good so far, I surge into stuff and autocast a full-stack Static on landing; flamebrand refills my static charges insanely fast. Need to figure out mana + mana regen though; theres a static node that bumps damage for every charge used but it also uses a boatload of mana.

LegoMan posted:

Are there any other fun autocast/proc builds?
There’s a spellblade mage build that I havent really figured out yet that’s like 6 steps of recursive autocasting. Melee skill procs frost claw procs lightning blasts procs static charges on enemies. If you use Mana Strike for the melee skill you can also proc static charges direct from it as well.

idiotsavant fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Mar 5, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
hell yeah, just finished 1st monolith Lagon in one last go, this build kinda owns. Spellblade with Frost Claw, Flame Brand, Static, Enchant Weapon, & Surge specced, active skills are Surge, Ench Wep, Teleport, Static, Flamebrand. It's mostly a two/three button build - Ench weapon casts itself & Frost Claw autocasts off procs. Most of the time it's hitting stuff for a few seconds with Flamebrand then either dumping your static charges with Surge or Static. Teleport is there just for utility movement in echoes, since it goes a lot farther than Surge, around corners, etc. They share cooldowns but you don't actually give up too much DPS since you can just cast Static manually. And a few +ward for melee hits/stack use nodes means your ward goes through the roof as long as you're hitting stuff.

Static autocast by Surge doesnt share a cooldown with Static cast directly, either, which is nice for procs. Like I said earlier tho I really need to figure out some mana-on-hit type stuff or mana regen synergies with uniques/equiopment/idols cause then I can throw on the + damage per static charge used node and put my damage through the roof

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

Fruits of the sea posted:

Welp, glad to know I'm not the only one. It's by far the worst part of the game so far.

It's like the game was designed for people who exclusively follow build guides with a downloadable filter preset. Halfway(?) through the game and I'm already tired of inventory management and messing around with the loot filter

Wait what? The loot filter is by far one of the best aspects of the game. It’s a little bit of a chore to figure out but once you get it dialed in it absolutely trivializes inventory management since you a) only pick up stuff you’re actually interested in and b) know exactly what you’re picking up since you can color code everything yourself.

Mine is still extremely halfass but it still lets me immediately see & differentiate
-anything with a rare general affix or one directly related to my class with enough tiers to make it worth a rune of removal (generally 80+ on the item tables at lastepochtools.com)
-anything with a T6-T7 affix that’s useful to my build
-anything with at least two t5 affixes related to my build
-idols that have two desirable affixes only
-experimental items
Uniques and non-related exalts still pop up normally; I usually shatter the exalts for more shards.

Rare gets sorted into a removal tab, t6-t7 get sorted into exalt tabs, 2+ t5 items get sorted into a dump tab that I look at every now & then and decide to shatter or dump or maybe craft, experimental/unique/idol all get tossed in their tabs.

It’s a super critical part of the game; a major aspect of the game is crafting better and better gear for yourself and setting up your loot filter properly really streamlines a lot of that. It’s easy and convenient to use once you get used to it, and making changes on the fly is simple. About the only thing I wish for is either tooltips or grouping affixes by drop rarity so I don’t have to cross-reference out of game.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

exquisite tea posted:

I don't play a Warlock and don't give a poo poo that some of them are OP right now. If the game lasts long enough then Everyone Will Get a Turn eventually and I wouldn't want any theoretical future hilariously broken build to be stopped by the fun police, that's some D4 Dev mindset.

Yeah pretty much this. I’m actually glad that the devs recognize that part of the fun is figuring out hilariously overtuned builds and then trying to break the game with them. Like, you still want a challenge but also elements where you clear the room a la vampire survivors power-curve style

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
Video directly on topic, his clips have been decent https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGSLYU98GjM

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
I need to iron out my affixes for surge/static Spellblade; using Flamebrand as a main attack fills my charge stacks up insanely fast but leaves me short on mana when i dump and using mana strike has the opposite issue. Otoh im starting another manaless spellblade build that might work really well - 0-mana Mana Strike that triggers spark bolts and *i think* 0-mana lightning arcs, frostbolts, and eventually lightning blasts, buffed by autocasting 0 mana Enchant Weapon, and Static in the last slot to stack up and shoot lightning blasts for free

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
i just did the Temporal skip to act 9 on my low mana spellblade at like level 48 and it was fine? Had one close call on the boss when she starts doing the homing shots at low hp but a Flame Ward and a pot fixed it. I'm still kind of figuring the mechanics out but I think this build might be an answer to the high-mana Static node - Mana Strike procs Frost Claw, Mana Arc, Spark Charges, and eventually Lightning off Frost Claw and I might be able to fit more damage at 0 mana nodes too, and then I can dump a big mana Static whenever I go positive

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

Vulpes posted:

EHG finally saw reason and is fixing the Profane Veil bug. And something in Runemaster that means nothing to me.

https://forum.lastepoch.com/t/upcoming-bugfixes-to-overperforming-builds/68088

Runemaster sounds like it was supposed to be a flat 15% but instead is acting as a +15% per point ward regen which probably ends up being something insane in a good low life build

I haven't really bothered looking at Runemaster yet because it seems very :effort: compared to my two-button spellblade but it also feels like it has the greatest potential for busted Mage builds since invocations are so buried & kinda difficult to parse

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
Two dumb questions - I'm level 81 with my spellblade and just started running empowered monos. If I hit the right maps I can usually cruise pretty easy but I definitely run into a few where it either takes me a bit to kill stuff - like 5-6 seconds to burn down an uncommon and maybe 10-12 to kill certain elites vs pretty much instantly trashing everything including mages in normal mono. I'm definitely dying more if I'm not careful, too, especially if I don't pay enough attention to stacked up affliction attacks. My gear isn't flat out terrible, but somewhat mid, and there are a few pieces I definitely need to improve, like my relic. Is this a pretty normal state of things for starting Empowereds?

2nd q - I want to start throwing some exalted gear into twink uniques so I can start some alts; I'm assuming LP2 stuff is probably good enough if I get the right rolls in. Should I just aim to farm for them in empowereds, or is easy mode farming in normal better?

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

Tonetta posted:

1) spellblade is considered the worst subclass in the game right now,and only has 2 viable skills both requiring some pretty high end exalted gear to function properly. that's a big factor in how you're feeling in empowered monoliths

Yeah, I really like the Surge/Static combo but getting it to a viable place in empowereds feels like it'll be a real grind to put the gear together, so I think I'm going to twink up a Runemaster & mess around with that instead. Figure I can save some time for that + future alts with a little farming on my current main

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
I'm just poking into lower corruption at this point but Spellblade's starting to feel a little better in empowered monos. I put a few passive points into chance to regain mana on hit so dumping a full Static charge doesnt leave me OOM for 15 seconds anymore, and upgrading a few pieces of gear helped a lot with my clear & survivability. A lot of it too was just learning to play a little slower and to start to dodge out of stuff since I can't just stand in a pile of poison or storm cloud or whatever. At some point I want to swap over to using Dragorath's for lightning spam off Frost Bolt procs + dr through Lightning Aegis but I still haven't found a good catalyst to do so, so I guess I'm sticking with Alluvion for now even though it isn't ideal.

The Locator posted:

Hopped in for a quick look just because I was curious. Bought a new stash tab last night, it was 160,000 gold. Bought a new stash tab just now, it was 60,000 gold. Good stuff, but they didn't refund all the gold I spent on stash tabs before the patch, so I guess now I need to go rant on the forums and say worst game ever and I'm gonna quit playing now.

ffffffff i just spent like 300k last night buying 2 tabs. At the same time thank god, CoF has my exalteds & uniques piling up to the point I think I'm about to start only picking up T7 & double affixes

idiotsavant fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Mar 13, 2024

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
Absolutely stupid question but is there any way to change tooltips on hover? There are so many times when UI is a pain in the rear end because there's a giant loving tooltip in the way.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
I finally just threw some Runes of Ascendance at cstalyst & got my Fragment of Enigma so I could swap my spellblade over to the full spark charge/lightning blast/static setup & it feels pretty great. When the Mana Strike/Frost Claw/Lightning combo procs it just deletes everything, and if there’s enough stuff to hit (tbh like 3-4 mobs is plenty) my Static is at full charge almost instantly. Just need to work on bumping up my % crit now so the Static refill is guaranteed every time, and then fill out attack speed and a few other things. Idk how much corruption it can push but it’s a pretty nice two-button build right now.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
Leveling alts is easy as heck if you have access to monoliths or especially empowered monos on a character - there are at least half a dozen level 0-6 uniques that are all common; slam a level 6/7 affix in them and go to town. 1-2 LP items are fine so you don't need to bust rear end getting the best of the best, and generally stuff like t6/7 flat damage/armor/attack speed will let you just mulch stuff until you get to at least 50-60 and you can start slotting in build items. Easiest run is to do I think acts 1-7 and then go run monos; beeline Majasa for the +1 stats bonus when you get a Temporal key and feel like it. It's a little faster and pretty much just as easy to do (I think?) acts 1-5 until you get & finish the Sapphire Tablet quest (which also conveniently lands you next to the Temporal waypoint), run monos until you find a key, run Temporal, and then complete all of the Act 9 sidequests & main quest and you're done.

Mikojan posted:

Wait what? Theres a permanent stat change tied to killing the campaign boss?

Yes, +1 to all attributes for finishing it. Isn't a lot but hey, free stats

idiotsavant fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Mar 17, 2024

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

99pct of germs posted:

Also I really know nothing about the overall meta but are mages unpopular? I've noticed in towns especially as I have gotten further into the game 90% of what I see are rogues and sentinels.
I’ve been playing spellblade & mixing between surge/static, mana strike/static, flamebrand/surge/static, and flamebrand/mana strike. It does low level corruption (<200) just fine, but feels much harder to scale once you start pushing.

Runemaster has a bunch of broken builds - there are a ton of different invocations to get exactly what you want and they’re all pretty well supported with items. Sorcerer has a few busted builds too (afaik ele nova sorc can be really good) but it feels like a little more work to get them there.

Edit: seems strong https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Khn6e9BS78I

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

The Locator posted:

So at some point if you are participating in the MG it seems that money becomes completely meaningless. Lol.

Although it does make me wonder how people are getting the money to make those huge buys in the first place, because the gold has to actually be generated through playing the game by someone at some point. Sure by playing the market you can accumulate a lot of other people's gold, but it all still needs to drop first.

I have 3 characters. Level 78 in normal mono's, Level 87 in empowered and level 92 in empowered and I only have 1.4 million gold.

I mean the money is meaningless because there was a bunch of gold duping i thought?

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
How exactly does cuckoos work anywyas? At some point it just turns into a random exalted?

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

zoux posted:

Right now the bug I most want fixed are the sticky glyph tooltips that block your entire crafting screen until you mouse back over the glyph

that and just being able to disable tooltips period, or put them on a hotkey etc

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

Jack Trades posted:

Does Last Epoch happen to have a Unique or something that would make your Ballistae copy another skill you used, or anything like that? That was my favorite item to build around in Diablo 3.

I'm not super familiar with Rogue but at the very least they have shadow skills that pop up shadows that will copy various skills you use, and there are tons of skill proc items/skill nodes/passives/etc as well so there's probably something you can figure out using that class. Afaik one of the power builds is a dagger Marksman that throws traps all over that copy your exploding arrow ability and blow up everything

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

Kaddish posted:

This Frost Claw Runemaster business looks fun, gonna do that now. I've been leveling with the Nova version (I actually didn't know this was a 'build') but will switch when I can equip that dagger.

it works pretty good for normal, not sure how well it'll keep up once I hit empowered monos tho. It's already a huge mana suck, but idk that my equipment is particularly well-balanced for it. The one thing I'm not sure about - frostbite boots give it a huge boost from cold pen, right, and frostbite boots + shackles jump your freeze multiplier & thus your cold pen with frostbite up even more. Are you better off just blasting frost claws with all the bounce nodes active and area invocations for max mana into frostbite stacks (which then lets you use a more appropriate wand/staff maybe?) , or using lightning blast with a couple points in the chaining nodes to try and make more hits for the boots & gloves to proc off?

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
does immutable order also work with the various runic idols to give you set 1/2/3 rune combos every single time?

edit: also is the Mage Focus skill just buggy as hell for anyone else? I have the teleport node on it unlocked and it misses the teleport about 30-40% of the time and fails to channel when cast probably an equal 30-40% of the time, even if the tele goes off. It might be worth speccing into if it actually worked but instead its a good way to get dead a lot of the time cause it's so goddamn buggy.

Oh, and a couple more thoughts on using a cold build for Frost Claw/Dagorath - a) Frost Claw is pretty unwieldy to use as a direct cast targetted spell; it's really easy to miss your target and do partial damage. Mana strike + Frost Claw on melee hit works really well because the autocast hits every time; direct cast not so much. b) Stacking Frostbite doesnt work that well with Dagoraths since you want crit for Dagoraths to trigger but crit does absolutely nothing for frostbite damage over time, so your affix priorities are kinda hosed. Lightning doesnt have the same insane penetration potential that Frostbite Shackles + Snowdrift Boots gives but feels like it's skills synergize much better, and overall some of the top passives in Runemaster are lightning dependent. Plus Lightning skills just seem easier to use to target mobs.

idiotsavant fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Mar 23, 2024

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
I went through lastepochtools and stuck all the rarer affixes (anything 80%+ T4 or higher) on a filter, i toss those in a tab & then periodically go through and decide if I want to shatter or remove. Usually remove when it's like 2, maybe 3 affixes or if its something particularly juicy for my build like +relevant skills

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
CoF’s vibe to me is more about doing your own thing and then being open to swapping around to play alts when you find good drops for other builds. It definitely doesn’t have the efficiency of “farm gold, buy exactly what you need” tho

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

zoux posted:

I followed this campaign skip guide I found on reddit and I'd say it took me a third as long? I hit monos at level 53. Caveats are I didn't start following it until like level 20 and I was also a bladedancer with 30% MS boots. You level like a motherfucker in those dungeons, if your build can handle enemy levels 10+ or more, you can get like 5 levels a run.

If you’re playing a strong build and have a few basic twink uniques (like not even LPd, just basic uniques) you can be in monos at like level 25. You have to be a little careful and take your time at first but you also gain a level or two per echo until you get up to 50 or 60. The most brainless way I’ve found to level alts is do all main & side quests acts 1-5 until you get the Sapphire Tablet quest. Finish that quest & get the Temporal Sanctum waypoint (conveniently right next to the end of the quest). Go do monos until you get a Temporal Sanctum key and until you have a few more levels + gear to finish Sanctum. If you have good twink gear and keys in stash you can skip this. Do Sanctum, skip to Act 9, finish all Act 9 main + side quests and you’re done, go run monos.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

A Moose posted:

I'm not entirely sure what "leveling gear" means, but I assume it's not like, a 0-lp kestrel, a unique weapon and whatever poo poo you find because you cannot beat lightless arbor with just poo poo you find before it. You'll burn through so many keys just dying to random incidental damage. I'm not sure what kind of HP/resists you need to have by then.

Tbh a 0-lp kestrel, a Firestarter’s Torch, and like a couple quicksilver rings get you a pretty long way on an alt but ideally you roll up a 2-3 LP kestrel with some variation of T7 health/vit/allres/etc and a weapon with T6-7 flat damage and just crush everything.

Also re CoF, Raxx posted a video about target farming items with CoF yesterday and it seems good. Idk how well it works for boss drops; might need a lot more re-rolling to get the right prophecies. Basically use lenses for all the double rewards and for the target item you want and then re-roll for good prophecies where you get like 14 unique daggers off a boss kill that can be repeated twice

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

zoux posted:

This gets you all the idol slots and passives?

Yes - all main + side up to & including Sapphire Tablet, then all main & side in Act 9. I prefer it to the all quests act 1-7 method cause it gets you the final stat bump from Majasa and it’s a little more efficient if you’re going to kill Majasa after doing the 1-7 method

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

A Moose posted:

what's a really dumb build for dumb people that just works and can clear like 200 corruption? Right now I'm using that wraithlord build but its kinda boring.

Mana strike spellblade with dagoraths + the spark catalyst. Your skills are Frost Claw with mana arc + lightning + triggered by melee + individual bolts instead of blast nodes, lightning blast w/ sparks and skilled so that it doesn’t obliterate your mana when it casts (ie don’t go nuts on +mana chains), mana strike with spark charge and hit on cursor with auto-target and then +mana nodes when you have more points for it, enchant weapon with max cd, autocast, and attack speed, and then static to bomb single target - main ones are 200 charges, the more charges = more damage node, some distance, more charges = more targets, and gain charges on crit after static discharge.

Skill bar skills are mana strike on your attack button, ench weapon, teleport, flame ward, static, tho tele & flame ward can be whatever you want. You run around and just hold down right click and blow everything up. Sometimes you static for more damage, or teleport away/towards stuff, but mainly just right click and watch mobs turn into dust.

Pretty easy to level, too; Mage/Spellblade has some decent skills for early leveling. The mana strike/frost claw combo is pretty strong even without dagoraths and if you spec tele and flame ward early on before respeccing into your build it’s decently sturdy. Mana use can be a problem if you go into big static bombs or tons of lightning chain/frost claw mana arcs before you have enough regen (tho you can spec mana arc to be free) so just be aware of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

RandomBlue posted:

I'm running a lightning werebear druid build for levelling that converts melee damage to lightning, does anyone know if +spell damage applies to the lightning damage from melee? Seems like it wouldn't since it's not a spell but wanted to confirm.

Are there any good ways to verify any of this? That's one of the problems I have with LE, I have no good way to judge if things are working the way they should other than just eyeballing the damage numbers as I go.

It’s all pretty much like to like I think. Elemental damage is elemental damage, spell damage is spell damage, etc. if it’s tagged melee and lightning, then +melee or +lightning or +lightning melee affixes will boost it, but +spell, + lightning spell, or like +physical will not boost it unless it shares spell tags or physical tags etc