Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
I should check if they've fixed the "use skills from other classes" trick yet... that was fun to mess with before :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

A Moose posted:

I think instead of 1 sprawling web of abilities where you want 1from this branch, and all of this other branch, and then 3/4 of this third branch, it could be a little better organized, so that if you want to do a certain build, its a little more obvious that you want to fill out all of the nodes from Tree A first, and then expand into Tree B or something. it might give you less freedom, but in these kind of games, you really only have the freedom to make good builds that people have posted, or your own worse builds. It doesn't have to be as simple as Diablo 3's skill system, but that was one nice thing about the game.

I don't agree with this at all. It's not that hard to make a decent build by playing around with things, IMO. (Except poison/bleed, I haven't managed to make them feel good yet, but I'm also still leveling my Rogue/Bladedancer)

Dallan Invictus posted:

I'm pretty sure you can't currently craft over affixes, but you can use a rune to remove bad ones (but it's random which one is removed so you run the risk of erasing one of the ones you wanted to keep).

This is correct; there is no overwriting, you'd have to get luck with removal runes.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
multiplayer should be before final release

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Pierson posted:

I'm an unbelievable mark for any ARPG with a Necromancer/minion class, I'll try them all at least one. I also like the sound of a game that is in the middle between D3 and POE. I loved D3 but I've gone as far with that game as I can and I don't feel great playing Actiblizz games right now, and I tried POE like 4-5 times and bounced off it every time.

When it comes down to class distinctiveness where does this game fall, with D3 on one end of the scale with every class being very distinctive with it's own playstyle and unique items, and POE at the other end with skills being slottable items and classes being equippable weapons and their passive trees?

Closer to the D3 side, skills are all class locked or even mastery locked. Things feel distinct and they do minion swarm really well.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
No, the game is balanced around 0 resists. You'll want 75% in that 75 zone.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

RaisinGirl posted:

Is the game easy enough playing campaign on normal that I can just play around with different skills and see what I enjoy before finding a proper endgame build?

It's pretty easy to just wing it into a build that clears the campaign.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
Which is a good plan since it's so easy to save edit your way to said millions of runes :)

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Erulisse posted:

where
how

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\LocalLow\Eleventh Hour Games\Last Epoch\Saves has your save files; crafting mats are stored in Epoch_Local_Global_Data_Beta

Save files are JSON with "EPOCH" stuck in front of the data; you can see a savedShards key that contains a list of entries like {"shardType":3,"quantity":149} - raise that quantity number and voila, tons of extra shards :)

Runes might be under materialsList instead which has slightly different formatting but still has quantity for each.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
There's no new game plus. Not sure what you mean by color coding :)

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
They've got plans to redo the passive respec UI, like letting you shift points around freely during a respec and then a single final confirm to make it take effect.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Captain Foo posted:

How _is_ the economy / rare drop rate in this game?

There is no economy lol

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Captain Foo posted:

That’s kinda what i thought lmao

Multiplayer is kind of important for trading/economy to exist and it isn't in the game yet :)

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Captain Foo posted:

I wasn’t sure if the bazaar as designed actually required multiplayer

How exactly would you get items from player to player without multiplayer? :confused:

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
I want to be able to trade with friends once MP is a thing for those "oh this item would be perfect for their build" moments

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
It definitely won't require looping the story multiple times.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
nice, Circle of Fortune here I come

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

SynthesisAlpha posted:

Gonna be really cool if they include a crafting faction, too. Neat system because it's expandable and each thing is a cool optional playstyle.

I imagine crafting will just fall under CoF

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Deki posted:

Huh, I thought they were adding additional content with this patch too.

Still really beefy but I thought the missing specializations were going to be added at the very least

Nope those aren't coming until closer to 1.0, IIRC

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
As long as the initial auth checks/connections work it should be fine. It won't be a pure offline mode until 1.0

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

explosivo posted:

I assume offline characters can't be moved to online?

Correct. Offline characters are trivial to edit so allowing that would mean rampant cheating :)

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Avalerion posted:

Started playing this as a primalist.

Can I just put points into stuff on levelups, is there respec? Or do I need to be following a build guide from the start?

The only thing you can't change is your mastery. Everything else is trivially changed.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
Offline characters are basically JSON files with trivially editable XP values which made that sort of testing easy :)

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
You wouldn't even take 2x as much necrotic damage, you'll be fine! :)

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

KPC_Mammon posted:

It should probably be noted that you don't really need to cap resistances in this game due to the penalty you get to resistances based on the zone's level.

Yeah; unlike in PoE where 25% under cap means taking 2x damage, LE is much more forgiving about not being capped.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Skyl3lazer posted:

Would it not work exactly the same way? 75% res takes 25% damage, 50% res takes 50% (a 2x increase over cap)

Nope! Since enemies penetrate your resists based on level, capped at 75, having max res actually just means your res ends up 0%, because you have 75% and they penetrate 75%.

So if an enemy attack has base damage of 100, in PoE you'd take 25 at 75% resist, but in LE you'd take 100.

If you were 25% below the cap in each game, in PoE you'd take 50, which is 2x as much, while in LE you'll take 125, which is only 1.25x as much.

At 0%, PoE would take the full 100, 4x as much damage as you're expected to take, while LE only gets to 175, 1.75x as much as you're expected to take.

Still an increase, but nothing like PoE

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Pigbottom posted:

I saw this yesterday and My interpretation of it is that the devs intend to ramp up the content release from now until release.

https://www.reddit.com/r/LastEpoch/comments/zsjvq3/comment/j1a4qo6/?context=3

Releases will be more often now as they can return to smaller patches since MP is out, but seasons/cycles/whatever they call it won't be until 1.0

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Oldstench posted:

Just use DS4Windows. Remap whatever to whatever.

Can't you just do that directly in Steam these days?

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
AFAIK the plan is to go 0.9 -> 1.0 but not in a single patch. So there'll be 0.9.1 and such, but it won't just go 0.10, 0.11, 0.12 forever and no 1.0

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
That's amazing.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
e: wrong thread

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
If specific blessings are needed for a build, then yes swapping would be a pain. If you had more generic blessings that worked for both, it would be easier.

Respeccing is cheap always, doesn't increase in cost or anything, as long as both builds use the same mastery.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Sab669 posted:

I agree, but the problem with the bee build is the obnoxious "pop-augh" of bees spawning & dying eternally:

Well that's annoying...

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

bamhand posted:

I really am not convinced it's possible to beat Lagon as melee without a controller.

Why would that be hard?

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

bamhand posted:

Every time you try to move to dodge something you just get stuck on his enormous body and just sit there locked in place attacking him. Game doesn't have a force to move key if you want to retain ability to have left click attack. In D3, I use middle click to do a force move and left click to attack/move. Not possible here.

Wouldn't you want to be using an ability to attack instead of a weak default attack, which would be on right click or another button?

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

bamhand posted:

What if I want my left click to be my most used attack and my right click to be my second most used attack?

Well you can't put an ability into the move slot, so you're losing nothing except the weak default attack.

With a little keybinding you can put move on whatever you want.

(` used for example only so I didn't screw up any existing binds heh)

quote:

Are you guys actually mashing 1 on your keyboard to attack stuff and using left click only to move? That actually boggles my mind.

Left click or key to move, right click to attack.

e: mouse side buttons mapped to the rest

Magus42 fucked around with this message at 22:06 on May 5, 2023

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
Why would it being a paid game matter? Active users still consume resources.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
They still won't let you retry legendaries over and over, that'd be far too easy lol

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Clarste posted:

No one would play a game that was only numbers.

Lots of people get hooked on various idle games where you do nothing buy make numbers go up :)

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
Only if you want to play with others

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

xZAOx posted:

I've dipped into LE a couple of times and always like the game.

Have they finished the campaign yet? Not refinements, but at least all the chapters they wanted to include?

And have they said when the trade faction stuff is planned for? 1.0 or later?

Campaign is still unfinished.

Trade factions are post-1.0 as I understand it