Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
I've been playing a bit of this and it's pretty good, but I wish the sound and hits were meatier. Things feel a bit floaty at the moment. And please update the 2D weapon art!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

Newest update borked my Lich until they hotfix it (they deleted a skill and replaced it with another - but the deleted skill is still on my 'specialized' skills with no way to remove or replace). Going to start a new character. Some kind of melee would be good. Any suggestions? Void Knight looks fun, Spellslinger looks good too.

The fact that the story areas are NOT randomly generated is kind of a point against rolling new characters, though :/

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

Clarste posted:

I am a weirdo who wants to play an Acolyte without summoning even a single minion, so I went Lich and just explode into the middle of enemy packs with Transplant and melt them in two seconds with Aura of Decay and Life Drain (which doesn't drain life), in the process giving them all two curses and three different dots. Also I don't spend any mana, ever.

how are you building aura of decay? i looked around and i saw a lot of necrotic damage synergy in the skills you mentioned but aura of decay is poison - curious how you're making them work together?

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

Clarste posted:

Also if I turn it off I instantly die because I lose all the anti-poison defenses from the aura while keeping the poison stacks I already have.

that is loving hilarious

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

The Locator posted:

This one took me easily to level 90 and empowered, corrupted monoliths in 8.5. Not sure how much if anything in the latest patch may have changed it. Can easily be played with nothing but the left mouse button running Warpath.

E: https://www.lastepochtools.com/build-guides/the-blender-2-0

they have a "recommended leveling build" for void knight which is hammer throw into abyssal orb/smite. however i got some really nutty hammer throw uniques (+4void damage 2h, and +70% throw damage gloves), and then i got a +70% melee damage glove, so i think i'm just gonna go straight from hammer throw directly into the blender

for those that worry hammerdin might be bad, a few levels into the skill you can make it spiral and then you can throw out three at a time, which shotguns. it's stupid strong

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

Tiny Timbs posted:

I'm not sure I understand why the zone transitions take so long when the zones are instanced

What is it doing

unclear where the bottleneck is but it's probably something like waiting in line to shake hands with the one (1) guy who creates instances

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

King Cocoa Butter posted:

I agree with the above post, I've run both PoE and LE campaigns a million times and LE feels less tedious. It's still tedious, but a full skip + free level up like an MMO also isn't the answer because the power progression is a core feature of ARPGs.

This is probably dumb but it almost seems like the solution is just a special, fast-paced, high-exp dungeon or series of dungeons that catapult you into the end game. You only unlock it after completing the campaign once. It takes 15 minutes or an hour or something and then you're level 60 and ready for monoliths. So, Adventure Mode from D3 but with an actual plan behind it, basically. Just formalize what people are doing anyway and make it fun!

you can just waltz into monoliths at level 35, maybe 40 if your build is bad. its fine. you already have what you want, and it rules

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

Can someone explain to me why uncapped res is less important here than in Path of Exile? I don't understand the difference in the math

e: found this explainer
https://www.reddit.com/r/LastEpoch/comments/11koq36/clarity_on_resistances/
"Monsters penetrate 1 resistance per area level, up to a cap of 75%."

Jinnigan fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Feb 25, 2024

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

[returning to town so i can respec like 2 passive points]: this little maneuver's gonna cost us 20 minutes

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

xZAOx posted:

I think they're at like 90 now. They really ballooned up the past year or something.

And yeah, my goodwill is running out too. It's day 5, and today's the worst it's been. The rest of the time I've been able to get in and play at least some, and honestly the past 2 days haven't been that bad at all. But today? I can't even get in-game.

Not to mention, it's been 3 hours without any update on WTF is going on either, which is disappointing. Judd explicitly said that his goal was to keep everyone with updates every 30 minutes or so when there was downtime.

So yeah man. Goodwill is running out. I'm worried the problem is something a lot more serious than "more servers" or "oh currently overloaded". Like some core implementation just can't keep up without someone manually restarting a server every 10 minutes, lol.

i assume they are running into brand new bottlenecks every time they unfuck one bottleneck

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

Clarste posted:

Okay, I think I'm kinda strong now.
  • Falconry: Specced into Falconer's Mark resetting the cooldown, plus extra hits and a bunch of general damage buffs (and bleed on hit). It costs 70 mana now, but I don't care because it's the only skill I have that costs mana and I generate it back before the animation finishes. This is basically always active against bosses.
  • Net: Made it spam caltrops, smoke bomb, and also boost bird damage by +40% against netted targets. Obviously it doesn't make me jump back either. With two -3 throwing cost rings, it's free, so I can hold down the button whenever I'm not moving for caltrops and smoke bombs everywhere, plus it generates mana and health.
  • Aerial Assault: Caltrops cause bleed. Honestly I don't really care about anything else this does, the move is super weak compared to anything else.
  • Dive Bomb: I used the smoke bomb synergies recommended by this thread. Turns out they are insanely strong, other than Birds Are Not Real being trash. With 3 points in the mana cost down node, it costs 0 so i can use it even while at negative mana. I guess it does interrupt Falcon Strikes, but also I can just recast that again immediately. Dive Bomb also does bleed because why not?
  • Smoke Bomb: Generates shadows, throwing damage buffs, and Dusk Shroud. Good.

Anyway, I just sit on top of the boss and spam Net while mashing both Falcon Strikes and Dive Bomb on cooldown (which are conveniently both instant so I never need to stop throwing nets). Enemies get like 500 stacks of bleed ticking for hundreds of thousands of damage per second, plus all the falcon attacks which I can't even keep track off. Bosses in Empowered Monoliths die in seconds.

Edit: Using a spear for the extra bleed chance, but I never use anything but throwing attacks so weapon doesn't matter much.

Aerial Assault your weakest move? Scroll up. Spec AA to auto drop umbral blades and its your goto screenclear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

i have two (2) minion health rolls on my gear at level 85 and im making so much ward (~80k) that the display overflows and starts over from 0. the ward is still there - it just goes to 64k, then starts counting from 0. that's clearly too much ward and it should be fixed.