Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

are local affixes a thing in this game or is everything global

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

no like in the poe sense. if I get a weapon with 25% necrotic damage on it does that apply to all of my necrotic damage or just the necrotic damage on the weapon

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i found a 2lp exsanguinous so now im leveling up a warlock to abuse this poo poo. first character was a squirrel beastmaster that i got to 93 but im kind of sick of minions and not having much sustain outside of potions. feel like im running around at half hp most of the time.

why are potions so poo poo in this game btw? they barely heal anything but are very limited.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

is there benefit to going over 100% chance to apply ailments or shred stuff? i feel like the answer is yes since the affixes can go over 100%. maybe its like how warframe does it where each 100% is a guaranteed stack and in between is a chance for an extra stack?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

cool thanks

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

on my 2nd character i figured i would skip through the dungeons to make it faster. i was basically just wearing move speed uniques with 300hp and died like 3 times trying to do the lvl 20 dungeon lol. just ran through the rest of the campaign normally.

when crafting and it says it is going to use 1-10 forging potential and then it uses 15 is that supposed to be like a critical failure or something? because it sucks

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Suburban Dad posted:

I made it to nearly 100 and never knew that it tells you what it will use in the first place. Always just a slot machine for me lol. Where does it show that???

good start to crafting this helmet :suicide:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

zoux posted:

Cut back on cold

there is some warlock damage poo poo that scales off uncapped cold res

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i got to empowered monoliths on my warlock with some dogshit gear and was getting absolutely slapped. dying to everything making zero progress. so i said gently caress it ill try changing to low life now instead of later when i have better stuff. swapping in the required uniques dropped my capped crit avoidance to ~60% and i lost some resistances but i basically doubled my "hp pool" and now im cruising. absolute night and day difference.

i kept seeing "be crit avoidance capped before going into empowered monoliths" so i think i was prioritizing that too much over just slamming hp in affix slots.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

im curious why peak of the mountain seems to be the endgame helmet in this warlock build. i thought it might be the "cant leech on crits" part so you stay on low life but i already take a passive node that converts life leech into damage. so im just getting some crit and 5 stats from it?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

you can make them bloody dire squirrels with that unique helmet

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

oh i like boneclamor barbute. nice dex and int and ward from necrotic resist which i get a ton of for free from passives. plus some armor on top. might go for that instead.

e: looks like getting lp on a peak of the mountain is much easier than boneclamor barbute though. so that is a consideration.

Awesome! fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Mar 14, 2024

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

oh huh, this 2lp wraithlords harbour i found awhile ago is worth a fuckton apparently.

e: basically insta-sold at 18 mil. i had 1 mil before lol.

Awesome! fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Mar 15, 2024

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

ok fine but can we get some positive bug fixes too? my dodge -> armor conversion in ghostflame is still broken

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

if anyone else is looking for a merchant guild specific "valuable poo poo" filter i just found this one https://arreatsummit.gg/last-epoch/loot-filters/65f475d57b1bedde122822c8

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

my favorite thing about warlock is being able to hit ghostflame and just stand in poo poo lol. on my first character that attack straight up one shot me. on this character i can just channel through it and not move.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

im starting to like merchants guild

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

bring back old cyclone aoe ggg

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i figure there is enough crossover to import jokes

is there any benefit to doing the arena over grinding monoliths? i have a whole lot of keys at this point and not much desire to grind a leaderboard. is it good exp or something?

E: I did like 75 waves and got 10% of level 93 so no the exp is not particularly good. so arena keys are basically 175 gold drops. cool, real glad they are all over the monolith rewards.

Awesome! fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Mar 17, 2024

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

so currently i would like to find some cheap exalted gloves with the ward experimental mod to try slamming into some 1 lp frostbite shackles, since 2 lp ones start at 50 mil. the t6 experimental mod is ~3 mil so i wouldnt mind going for the t5 for now to try 25% chance slams for an intermediate upgrade. however if i search for the t5 experimental mod it is basically impossible to tell if there is another t6 mod on there without knowing the ranges for every affix.

is there a trick here

e: i just figured out that there is a rarity filter that lets you only see exalted items so thats the trick

Awesome! fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Mar 18, 2024

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

did some low risk 1lp gambles over the weekend and broke 10k ward so im starting to feel pretty good defensively. i think i need to upgrade my wand next since my damage is starting to feel kind of lovely. also probably need to upgrade idols but thats a whole can of worms.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

you can also use the gamble lady right next to the waypoint to dump a bunch of rep quickly without listing poo poo

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

The Locator posted:

So at some point if you are participating in the MG it seems that money becomes completely meaningless. Lol.

Although it does make me wonder how people are getting the money to make those huge buys in the first place, because the gold has to actually be generated through playing the game by someone at some point. Sure by playing the market you can accumulate a lot of other people's gold, but it all still needs to drop first.

I have 3 characters. Level 78 in normal mono's, Level 87 in empowered and level 92 in empowered and I only have 1.4 million gold.

there was a gold dupe glitch at the beginning of the season, so that might be affecting things somewhat.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

zoux posted:

What are y'all spending all that gold on

i looked up a 3 lp twisted heart of ukheiros over the weekend. there was 1 listed and it was a billion gold.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i really doubt the gold duping bumped things up by orders of magnitude but i guess it is possible

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

4lp twisted hearts seem to be extremely rare. there were none available when i looked. there was only 1 at 3lp. no way in hell that is ever going to be 500mil

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

this is why i dont list things for 0 gold

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

not quite on the same level but im happy with this one

dropped a 1 lp twisted heart tonight, did not hit the t7 cold res i was aiming for unfortunately. i might buy a few more and try again later. this was my first time fighting t4 julra which people have said is hard but compared to hard poe bosses is really not bad at all.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

fuuuuck i missed the t7 %health. so sad right now

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

"The quantity of legendary potential that a unique item drops with is influenced mainly by the level of the zone which it drops in, but corruption also increases it slightly. Increased rarity mods, character level or any other modifiers have no effect."

according to lastepochtools

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

quote:

You can no longer gain experience while in the grace period

i think people mentioned using this to powerlevel in arenas, so thats dead.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

a lot of people on reddit have been complaining about the arena echoes but i dont really mind them. increasing spawn rates based on kill speed would probably be good though.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i found one like 2 weeks ago and have just been sitting on it until i get some 2lp frostbite shackles

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

hit this one on my first try

and finally hit cold res on one of these fuckers. up to 13k ward :woop:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i started out with meticulously sorting my keys in a tab and then said gently caress it after awhile and just shift click them in now

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

tried another 2lp exsang slam last night. hit the t7 life% but necrotic resist instead of the damned chance so halfway successful. necrotic resist isnt terrible at least since im using boneclamor barbute.

i really like how intermediate upgrades in this build all feel immediately impactful since you gain a fat chunk of ward every time.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

for frost claw, a t6 frost claw level slammed on a twisted heart is fine right? the guide im looking at only has 24 points in it. a t6 relic is ~20 mil and a t7 is ~200 lol

i will probably be able to hit a t6 slam before running out of money

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

do you have the mountain boots? they fixed my mana for bosses.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

first try lets loving go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Kaddish posted:

How long do you think it took to make that that, all told? Congrats!

so far this season i have probably killed the bone dragon dozens of times across 3 characters and ive seen 1 heart with 1lp drop. i dont think ive seen a single t6/7 frost claw relic drop but i wasnt filtering for them specifically at the start. so yeah if you are cof i can imagine its a loving hellgrind.

im mg though so i just bought the 2 things and smushed them together.