Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

psilo
Oct 18, 2009

Anyone else playing falconer with a controller? Have you made any compromises with the skills? I feel like the explosive trap aiming is far from perfect and I haven't specced in to smoke bombs yet since I'm afraid they are never gonna land where I want them to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psilo
Oct 18, 2009

Suburban Dad posted:

Smoke bomb casts on you so you don't really aim it. I haven't tried controller really after determining it isn't very good.

ah, I see! well my main is a necromancer and it's easy to play with controller, since I don't really need to aim, I just summon 20 minions and teleport around looting.

psilo
Oct 18, 2009

zoux posted:

Anyone playing falconer with a controller? The endgame builds all use traps and ballistas, which can be real hard to place without a map. Hows it work in practice?

yes, shadow dagger version is much better with controller.

psilo
Oct 18, 2009

The Little Kielbasa posted:

Looking for suggestions on good controller-friendly builds (I can't play ARPGs with a mouse anymore, the tendon in my firearm gets very angry). It also needs to have a quick evade/teleport/dodge-type skill to get me out of AoEs. Otherwise, anything goes.

So far I've played 2 classes to the 80s: Shadow dagger bladedancer (great, except when the game decides target synchronized strike on something in a place I do not want to jump to). Smite hammerdin (doesn't need to target, which is great, but doesn't have an evade button [the windup on shield rush is too slow

recently respecced my frost claw runemaster into this and it's much better with controller than the previous build, also does more damage, has no mana problems and is more tanky: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkwJg5IdDYA