Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Yeah, I just picked it up yesterday and I’m having fun so far. Started off with a thorn totem/ice thorns shaman, respecced to maelstrom/tornado stuff to try that out around ~30. Hope multiplayer comes sooner than later, because I already talked a few other people into checking it out and it’d be nice to actually play with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hauki
May 11, 2010

I ran a druid up to like 90, but yeah, the endgame feels a little samey after a point. I was starting to check out void knight and some of the other classes/masteries but haven't had as much time lately anyway.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Patch came out yesterday, there’s a new act, monoliths & such got rebalanced, some new skills and bunch of class/skill rebalance, mostly focused around sentinel and acolyte. New base items & uniques as well.

Trying out a lightning javelin paladin and so far it owns. The new void knight stuff looks cool too, might check that out next.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Kyrosiris posted:

That's what I've been playing - using Warpath, Void Cleave, Erasing Strike, Lunge, and Volatile Reversal for mana sustain.

Void Cleave has a node that boosts its damage 80% if you've spent two seconds Warpathing, and another node that makes your next Erasing Strike a guaranteed crit, plus a node in Erasing Strike that doubles the damage if the target has 12 stacks of Time Rot, which you apply with Warpath.

It feels really good and fast paced.

Also they put a reference to Ea-nasir in the NPC chatter in this patch and I was howling with laughter. That's such a good joke. :allears:

Nice, I'll have to check that out. I was playing VK last time around and very briefly tried respeccing into void Warpath with triggered Smite, Smite scaling on void/vitality and time rot stacking, but it feels a little underbaked so far (I guess my skills are only like level 8 too), but I'll look into working in Void Cleave & Erasing Strike.

So far lightning Javelin Paladin is like, all the best parts of playing a d2 lf javazon with loads of flat damage, more damage and resist pen available on skills/tree. I'm still leveling it, but I two-shotted the last boss I hit in campaign lol.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

explosivo posted:

Thanks for posting this, I started a new game going for this build and it's incredible. It's incredibly satisfying seeing a build come together as you get key upgrades that take it from "oh yeah this is pretty good!" to "holy poo poo everything is dying around me" in no time. It just feels like all the skills in this game have so many game changing upgrades and different ways you can tweak a build to your liking and it's really great.

Nice, glad you're enjoying it. Been traveling a ton for work lately and haven't had much time to play since. I agree about the build & the way things feel leveling broadly speaking. Kinda feels like a slog at first until the tree & skill levels start ramping up, then it was just melting stuff.

Heithinn Grasida posted:

Holy trail was capital B busted until the recent hot fix. It’s lost 75% of its damage and is still very strong and synergizes very well with judgement, which is also incredibly good.

What build are you playing?

You can go and do monoliths after finishing chapter 8 instead of going into chapter 9 directly. That might help you gear up.

Dang, I tried holy trail for a minute but just couldn't deal with the way it played early on. I know it's probably faster to just level & respec, but I kinda enjoy the process of just picking a skill & tree and making it good in this game.

The Locator posted:

I played the Javelin paladin up to the mid 50's and decided that I really prefer the warpath lifestyle over the javelin / holy path or whatever it is lifestyle, so now I'm leveling yet another sentinel with the plan to go full-in on void and do a warpath void-knight.

Of course since I'm still way below the specialization point, it's just a duplicate of what I did before with the paladin, but game is still new enough that running through it again (actually a third time, also leveling a sorcerer) isn't a big deal. I really do enjoy the 2-hander warpath thing, just feels good.

I definitely need to find some health on hit or health leech on melee damage gear though... so squishy.

Huh, what didn't you like about javelin? I had a VK that I respecced into warpath around 60 now and it just feels so-so to me still. I was having more fun actually playing my old build. In fairness, I guess I haven't played it that much since I respecced really, so maybe things are still underleveled & the synergies aren't quite there yet. Like I don't mind spin2win gameplay, but it felt worse than other iterations I've tried.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

beeline objectives & gtfo, definitely not worth full clearing monos

I keep starting new chars though so I haven’t spent a ton of time in empowered monos yet, not sure if the drop balance shifts once you get deeper there

Hauki
May 11, 2010

the VK smite thing is busted lol, I respecced my warpath dude to it last night and was steamrolling monoliths right away, it feels about on par with the old eq bear so far

Hauki
May 11, 2010

For what it’s worth, I dicked around with whichever VK skills until like 35-40 and swapped to the autobomber setup then, I don’t recall offhand the basic skill points needed before it starts to come online. He also has a written guide for it on the forums that’s linked in the video notes if that’s more your speed. It’s very doable with just crafted rares though.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Majasa is fairly recent. I think they said there's at least 2 more chapters coming? But yeah, after that there's just monolith/dungeons/arena. To be fair, I kinda enjoy the new dungeon relative to just running monoliths ad nauseam.

As far as Reversal, I usually see people run it for the passive buffs & to proc void rifts for the increased damage taken node, so you mostly just use it for bosses.

The Locator posted:

I like Boardman21 because he has written guides to go along with his videos. I don't really even watch the video part other than to see what the playstyle is and see if it's something that looks interesting to me.

same

also javelin felt pretty good when I was leveling Paladin, but I still haven't had time to play mine very much

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Seems like the patch this morning fixed something with key droprates, among other things:
https://forum.lastepoch.com/t/beta-0-8-5b-patch-notes/48280

Hauki
May 11, 2010

0.9 & multi beta announced for March 9th FYI

Hauki
May 11, 2010

explosivo posted:

Digging the werebear swipe build right now but I'm not totally sure if I'm supposed to be switching in and out of bear form to do maelstrom? I'm working on a node now that gives a chance to proc maelstrom on swipes/maul (in bear form) so I guess I'm stacking as many maelstrom as I can before going bear form then rushing in to clean up while mauling on CD for extra stacks of maelstrom?

Edit: Ah, yeah looks like that is generally what I want to be doing. The Ursine Storm node gives eventually a 32% chance to proc on maul in bear form so looks like I've about got the idea.

Edit 2: oh duh I just realized that Swipe is the basic attack in bear form as well so I'm getting chances of maelstrom on basic attacks in werebear form too.

Yeah, the goal imo is to generate enough rage that you can stay in bear form permanently (or at least through a monolith node) and just keep stacks up through triggers

Zotix posted:

Anyone got a support character they recommend? My main is like 60, but a buddy has a low level and I'd like something to play with him

I think paladin gets the best access to party support skills through sigils, holy aura, volatile reversal etc. Coincidentally those can also support your other skills pretty well too :v:

queeb posted:

God that lightning swarmblade looks so cool, looks like I'm swapping to that instead!

Druid is great

I haven’t had much time to play yet since multi went live, but I’m leveling cold bear and planning to switch to that, haven’t been a bug before

Hauki
May 11, 2010

MerrMan posted:

Do I have to finish the campaign on this second character? Assuming I get all the passive and idol slots from quests and i can handle jumping in to maps, is that an ok thing to do?

Nope, you should have that after killing the tree in Heoborea, which is usually when I start mapping.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Dr. Mantis Toboggan posted:

I copied the filter from one of the Maxroll.gg build guides and tweaked it for my own build. In general things go in this order:

-Show all Uniques/Set items
-Big Red Text for high value affixes for my specific build or builds I want to try out (+level to skills I use plus a couple others)
-Big Text for specific item slot rules; for this, I created one rule with all the good possible affixes I would want for my specific build or builds I want to try out, picked the base types I want, and have it show if 3 of the affixes (2 for weapons) are on the item. Then I copied the rule a bunch of times for each gear slot and picked the base types I want for each new rule.
-Show all Exalted items
-Big White Text for rare, valuable shatterable affixes (hybrid health and percent health)
-White Text for other shatterable affixes that I might want
-Big Turquoise Text for idols with two good mods for my specific build or builds I want to try out
-Turquoise Text for idols with one good mod for my specific build or builds I want to try out
-Hide other idols
-Hide all other Normal/Magic/Rare items

I have mine setup similarly - working bottom to top:
At the top, I might have a rule to recolor and emphasize specific chase items for my build or planned future build. E.g. a Fractured Crown base.
Emphasize T7 Exalted
Show Unique/Set/Exalted
Between hitting my mastery at 24 and monos in my 40s, I'll set up recolor rules for each item slot based on my build. These are pretty broad at first - recolor this item type with any 2 of these affixes. As I level and fill in slots, I progressively restrict these by subtype and tier until I'm only seeing endgame bases with 2/3+ mods I want for my current build or planned swap. As I get more specific, I'll clone and tweak these rules so I can filter by say, 2 affixes of t4+, 3 affixes of t3+, etc.
Recolor class-specific shatter - t#+ of class-specific affixes I want. I'll start off lower and raise the tier requirement as I fill in shards. This is as much for rolling off bad class affixes in the future as it is finding good ones. I usually make all my shatter rules obnoxiously-colored.
Recolor 'shatter' rule - this is like hybrid health, % health, and on a fresh char, remove ailments on potion use, maybe some t4/t5 generic affixes like all res, elemental damage over time, crit avoid, movespeed, whatever.
Recolor and emphasize class specific idols with two good mods. If there's a particular idol I need for my build, I'll show single mods of those too.
Recolor generic idols with two good mods.
I might leave a 'recolor all class specific bases for the class I'm currently playing' rule until I hit early monos.
For a fresh character, I leave rules for tier 2+ movespeed, early armor bits with say, 4+ tiers of resists.
I start with a basic template with rules for hiding normal/magic/rare, idols and class specifics for the class I'm not playing. When I start a character, I make a copy of this template, relabel and tweak it according to class and whether I'm ssf, hc, whatever. I level gate the 'hide' filters, so for example, I might leave normal items on until like 10, magic until 20, all rares until 30.

MerrMan posted:

Tried to spec over to fireball from lightningball at 65 and got my poo poo absolutely rocked in the first echo I hopped in to. Uhhh, whoops? I guess since my gear is terrible I didn't realize how much the skill levels were carrying. Also mana management just seems terrible and I really hate Focus. I assume this is something that I'll need to gear out of but it's a real bummer. Not being able to cast your spells is really not fun.

How aggressively should I be Shattering loot I find. Like, is a T1 %health belt worth smashing? I guess I have like 150k gold so I should just be buying up Runes of Shattering and sharding poo poo aggressively? Also, is there any reason to NOT use a Glyph of Hope when crafting?

Oh poo poo just found Ashen Crown. Wanted to play the nova build so this rules.

Eh, I wouldn't really shatter t1 affixes unless you're desperate. Hybrid health maybe because it's great. Ailment cleanse if you don't have it yet. I do buy shatters aggressively, but generally I save them for higher tiers/more shards. You can also use rune of removal to guarantee all of the shards back - the mod it selects is random though, and it requires forging potential to use. Glyph of hope are common enough that you'll be swimming in them later, so I use them pretty liberally.

Hauki fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Mar 16, 2023

Hauki
May 11, 2010

King Cocoa Butter posted:

Pro tip: if you use the build planner (lastepochtools.com/planner) you can export a loot filter for that setup that will cover your entire leveling journey. It's perfect for people like me that enjoy leveling the entire way with the intended build. It'll break the drops down into 6 tiers, from the very start to late game, with increasing requirements for # of desired affixes, affix tiers, and bases. As you level up and start filling in slots, you can just remove the earlier filters to see the relevant items. Pretty cool!

they can be handy, but I mostly avoid them anymore as they can be too permissive or too restrictive depending on how affixes/base types etc. were selected and I'd rather start from a known quantity than dig around to figure out what might've been overlooked one way or the other

NPR Journalizard posted:

This is what im leveling, with the far off hope of getting Herald of the Scurry.

scurry's fun, that was the last thing I played before multi beta and it's reasonably smooth leveling since you can just spec wolves in the meantime, stay in human form and stack a bunch of aspects & attack speed

it took ages to find a scurry though and I burned through a bunch of ascendance runes on hats in the process

Jinnigan posted:

they have a "recommended leveling build" for void knight which is hammer throw into abyssal orb/smite. however i got some really nutty hammer throw uniques (+4void damage 2h, and +70% throw damage gloves), and then i got a +70% melee damage glove, so i think i'm just gonna go straight from hammer throw directly into the blender

for those that worry hammerdin might be bad, a few levels into the skill you can make it spiral and then you can throw out three at a time, which shotguns. it's stupid strong

e: throwing cost affix on a couple rings helps tremendously leveling with hammers

Hauki fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Mar 17, 2023

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Hollow Talk posted:

Counterpoint: Bladedancer is the “delete the whole screen, now” class. Shadow Cascade + Umbral Blades + Shurikens, all triggered by Shift and/or Synchronised Strike. Shift -> dead screen (and sometimes a screen over)

Yeah, bladedancer is great, you can dash through 95% of the content and melt it in your wake. You absolutely poo poo on bosses too.

I played it a fair bit in 0.8.5, but I might roll another as soon as I find the gloves. It also benefits greatly from a bastion, but you can also just use a rare in the meantime.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Traxis posted:

I've just been running 2x Smoke Weavers on mine and rarely even come close to dying at ~200 corruption. And I'm still missing Wings of Argentus which is a significant defensive layer. Shadow Daggers are just OP. Scales with Throwing AND Melee and always crits.

Ah, yeah, I was running an exalted obsidian dagger with crit multi & phys, bleed & shred, sealed frailty. Bastion because it's busted. I don't know if I could justify Wings for this build, I like class mods and health too much. I had an LP2 Claws before, didn't get the hybrid health, but got more crit and shred on it at least.

MMF Freeway posted:

Well tbf two smoke weavers is a lot of dodge

Shadow daggers is my favorite build I've tried so far, though I'm leveling a squirrel master now so we'll see

Squirrels are fun, I just found a Scurry but I don't really want to reroll for it right now

Hauki
May 11, 2010

I’m guilty of hanging on to all sorts of bad purples, mostly in the hope of rolling them onto LP uniques in a pinch since bases don’t matter in that case. The only thing I don’t keep are like, weapons with bad exalted suffixes.

In addition to good generics though, I would definitely hang on to class specific exalteds you see yourself using in the future, as those can be harder to chase. Especially if they actually rolled on end-game bases.

Hauki fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Mar 29, 2023

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Diephoon posted:

Who do you all think is the strongest class in terms of not blowing up in Empowered Monoliths with minimal gear? My Void Knight is my highest damage character so far, but I lost motivation to play him once I hit emp monos and started getting pasted in melee. I need to rebuild him to survive in there better but I'm wondering if any class can just say gently caress it and get to scrappin no matter how unoptimized their gear is.

VK is generally pretty good at that, maybe look at spell versions if you're having trouble with melee, paladin's fine with minimal gear too. Primalist/Druid get wild defensive passives and cold dot bear or bugnado are both great at that. Also Lich as mentioned.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Picked this up on Friday, been having fun. Started out with a Lighting Blast/Static Orb sorc (using Glacier at first) and I got it up to level 50. Then I decided to try a Hammerdin, got that to 25 so far, and its not bad. Then an Ashen Crown crown dropped when I went back to play my Sorc a bit. So now I'm considering retooling my Sorc to use targeted Lightning Nova instead of Static Blast, which has proving shockingly (:haw:) mana hungry. Part of me is also tempted to retool for fireballs cause when I played PoE a few years back, my favorite was a Chieftan who would just flame dash around and spray fireballs and ignite everything to burn up (throwing flame walls under big enemies for extra single target). Though apparently burn/ignite damage isn't so hot (:haw:) right now?

Also been tinkering with and setting up loot filtering stuff. Is there a way to copy individual rules and paste them into a second filter setup? I know you can duplicate a whole filter but I just wanna swap a few of the rules I set up on the hammerdin over to the sorc's filter without reworking the whole drat thing.

Also kinda want to try a Necromancer, maybe. I feel like I should concentrate on one character to start out with though, lol.

Otherwise, any suggestions for a setup thats basically "rapidly dash around, point in a direction and things over there just die"?

While you can copy rules within a filter and copy entire filters, I don't think there's a way to copy individual rules from one filter to another, but I imagine you could do it through the .xml if you cared to.
I get tempted by alts, but focusing on one character will probably get you further in the long run. Echoing Lich, Druid or BM squirrels, Bladedancer, VK for the last, lightning sorc's fine, although glacier is probably easier leveling. Hammerdin is solid too, although I think it doesn't really take off until you get more levels and decent crit. I think every class has good to great builds for the endgame as it is now, some might be a bit harder to gear for.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Kaddish posted:

Switched over from bleed bug to lightning bug and having a much easier time. Especially now that I got my res and crit avoidance sorted. Only at 1600 health though, will have to tackle that next.

Yeah, probably should. What level are you? I have >3.5k at 88 and I'm still missing health rolls in a few places, including gloves.

Dallan Invictus posted:

Sorting the chart on https://lastepoch.tunklab.com/affixes by "reroll chance (rarity)" will likely give a general idea, but of the rare affixes there (crit avoidance is not really THAT rare but is definitely always useful) not many are universally useful besides Hybrid Health. My callout filter also includes X Penetration, Increased Leech Rate, the shield-only affix for All Resistances, the belt only affixes for Extra Potion Slot/Potion Health and Ward/Ailment Cleansing on Potion Use, and Hybrid Stun Avoidance, but the last 3 of those are difficult to call "universally valuable".

Yeah, Hybrid Health is really the non-class specific I find myself short on in the long run. Penetration is fairly rare and almost always useful. All res is good. I think Ailment cleanse is vital, but it doesn't really scale so once you have a few you're pretty much set. I might shatter or remove like %health, movespeed, t4/5 cast speed, attack speed, crit avoid, crit multi, flat added spell damage or elemental damage over time early on until I have enough to get by.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Kaddish posted:

Yeah, that seems to be the prevailing wisdom. Just gonna have to bite the bullet and transition over.

For what it’s worth base implicits can be a good place to shore up specific resists, i.e. ivory rings, bone amulet for necrotic, crusader gauntlets for void, cold or fire on boots. Some relics/hats/chests can also be good for that, although I’d aim for the new %health bases for Druid specifically. Those also have the added benefit of not making your character look like the qanon dude.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

TeaJay posted:

I've made it through the campaign and I had absolutely no idea what was going on during any of it. I was mainly running around doing stuff for some people and never had any idea who I am, so naturally I'm guessing there's a lot of speculation concerning the MC's identity.

I'm level 67 and even though I've been able to spin my warpath through my way the story and some Monolith content, I can't help but to feel I should be having better gear. Campaign didn't really offer me anything on that front. I am using loot filters, but occasionally I'm looking to see if there's anything they're hiding from me and there really is not. Most of the uniques I've got have not been for my class either. So where am I gonna get some better gear? I have cleared the first Monolith twice and also killed the Shade of Orobyss, so I will probably start doing the next ones - or some dungeons, which I have crapload of keys for, like the Arena or Soulfire bastion, and I've never been.

(I realize that the chestpiece that removes health regen is probably a trap, but it looks cool. Also have a few different ones to switch out if I need some certain resistance.)

One problem is also that levels seem to rack up so slow now. I still have a lot of passive points I'd want to put in. So any tips what I should/could be doing now to feel more effective?

For better gear you really want to push to empowered monos asap, always go the higher level path like someone else mentioned already and you'll get there quicker. XP also picks up a fair bit in empowered via the corruption mechanic. If you have decent res and scale your damage appropriately with gear/tree, regular monos shouldn't be all that slow. I personally don't think it's worth repeating a mono or trying to farm one with vessels until you hit empowered. Orobyss also starts dropping Apathy's Maw which is a decent 2h for VK melee and like all uniques, is significantly better if you roll one with LP and put something good on it through the Cache in Temporal Sanctum. Dungeons in general are also good for drops, plus you can gamble specific higher tier bases in Soulfire Bastion and the rarity is usually pretty good, it's also fairly easy if you do the mechanic especially on lower tiers. If you have gold you can blow it on chests in Lightless Arbor, don't stand in his stuff, get phys res and this is probably the one place in the game where poison resist might matter. I don't really enjoy Arena, but that's decent xp and the bosses have restricted unique drops if you wanted like, Vaion's Chariot. Without seeing the rest of your gear, you should be able to craft a better rare in short order with a decent base. Odachi's great for the crit multi, maybe Hollow Blade later on, dual wield is fine too, I'd look for Katanas, Dawn Blades, Eagle Wings & Shadow Cleavers as far as bases if you go that route. You want to aim for two complementary prefixes and something like armor shred, frailty, less crit taken, maybe chill or shock as suffixes. I'm not sure how much you're leveraging the bleed mod there, but crits and dots generally don't scale very well together and while the phys damage works with bleed, I don't see damage over time on your stat sheet.

As far as trees go, hard to give general advice but to look for nodes on the tree that say 'more'. VK gets plenty of flat damage, leech, Vitality and resists on the passive tree roughly in order of importance, plus good crit mods and some extra damage reduction. Volatile Reversal gives VK a ton of free damage through the Harbinger of Dust nodes (and Time Rifts if you're scaling dots) if you get some aoe & place your rifts on bosses appropriately, plus gives some global attack speed and move speed, I would probably drop Vengeance to fit this. Anomaly I just go right/down for duration, speed and crit and the self cast stuff. Sigils are a great support skill and give you a bunch of free damage and armor. What's your 5th skill?

Glancing over your stat sheet & char sheet, your resists look fine with the exception of necrotic, but a lot of the higher damage necrotic stuff you can dodge. You probably want to focus on either void or physical damage to scale, not both. VK goes well with crit, so I might look for +%crit strike mods, % crit multi or %crit chance on weapons in that order. You definitely want more attack speed than that. Besides tree, skills and weapon mods, you can also find that as a glove prefix or on Jade amulet as a base, but Bone amulets are also great for the implicit. I think you could also have a much bigger health pool, especially given the Titan Heart if you scale Vitality and health on gear/tree - you want hybrid health mods foremost (gloves, belt, boots), %health (head, chest, belt) next and flat health 3rd. Scaling Vitality also gives you a bunch of flat health and some damage through the passive tree. Capping Crit Avoid is great, Sentinel gets some good class-specific bases for this. Endurance is also a great defensive layer if you scale it. Heoborean/Solarum are the best boot bases, you probably want Crusader or Engraved gloves ultimately. Ivory Rings are good for shoring up Necrotic res, Coral is good for scaling Vit, Opal is great, Silver for %ms or gold if you want the res.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

TeaJay posted:

Thanks for your tips! I feel like I'm still at a point where I'm taking a lot of new stuff in. I have been clearing monoliths and working my way towards the end, skipping the few mentioned for now, but I will return to them later. I've "reset" a few by killing the Shade but I haven't gone back to them yet, so I don't know how hard the corruption will be on entry level. But like I said I have been working towards unlocking the empowered versions even though I feel like I'm woefully underleveled for them. The fact that the armor I'm using doesn't have health regen makes things a bit dangerous but if I really start dying because of it, I'll switch it out.

This is the build I've been following and building towards:

https://www.lastepochtools.com/build-guides/the-blender-2-0

It is pretty simple but I wanted a simple build to begin with since this is basically the first game of this kind I have played more than a few hours (if you don't count some Lost Ark?). Basically I'm staying in warpath and popping up Anomaly to boost my damage and get Sigils of fire out when I remember. I still have a lot of passives I haven't managed to fill, and leveling is quite slow at this point.

For some reason I've noticed that the stat page doesn't seem to update things like crit chance; I have some in my gear but the chance stays at 8% in the stats.

Here are some pics of my current gear at level 76. Been trying to read about stats I should be looking for, but some of the crafting is still quite overwhelming too, for example, I probably have an idea of what maybe 1-2 of the runes actually do.

https://imgur.com/a/euuVOpw

How does multiplayer work in the game? I have a friend who pretty soon will reach monolith stage, so we might run some together. Do both get the same rewards and clear?

I think Locator covered gear pretty well already, but I'll add a few things - I think your hat could be a lot better, that's a great base but I'd try to look for a useful class prefix or two and %health. Vitality's also a fine option. I'm certain you can craft a better bone amulet as soon as one with some potential drops. As much as I like class affixes, Titan Heart is a totally fine chest, and you get enough free leech that the downside is pretty negligible imo. Go check out a low tier Sanctum and throw a mod on your Siphon if you have an exalted ring you can toss in. Bronze Belt is one of the best bases, but I would try to look for ailment cleansing, hybrid health, health and a damage prefix. Rings are also a place to fit in more crit mods or damage prefixes, you could put both on that Ivory and hope to get lucky with Glyph of Hope, maybe look to reroll the poison res too. Good base on boot, Vitality's great for you, look for movespeed as a prefix and hybrid health and those would be great.

As far as crafting, I also Glyph of Chaos spam good bases with a couple mods I like - generally you can look for good bases with say, two affixes you want for your build. If there's an affix in a slot you don't want, I try to chaos into a useful 3rd affix. If they drop with open affixes, you can Glyph of Hope instead, pick the mods/shards you want to add. I think the Runes are have good tooltips for what they do, but Shattering returns a random number of shards from all of the affixes - Removal removes a single affix but returns all of the shards for it. Shaping rerolls the implicit mod if you get, say, a Bone Amulet with good mods but a low resist roll on the implicit. Refinement rerolls all the affix tiers, you can hold alt to see the range for the current tiers. Glyph of Despair aren't all that common, but lets you seal an affix as a 5th mod which can be great. The chances drop substantially the higher the tier of the mod you try to seal though.

Dummy is great for testing as mentioned too, the arena town has a few different ones to use.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Thanks for the comments I picked it up and have been trying it out and so I think I like it. Its nice not to lose my mouse!

Whoa. Useless for my sorc but IIRC this ring is good for other builds and this rolled highish on affixes with 3 LP.... :stare:

sick

Hauki
May 11, 2010

For what it’s worth, respecs are much faster at higher levels - if you run an xp node in an empowered monolith, then respec before popping the tomes it’s basically instant.

TeaJay posted:

Hey, thanks for the tips again! My gear updates pretty fast and I've been trying to read up on useful stats and take note of what you guys have adviced. I haven't been able to get the kind of gear I want for all slots / the right stats yet, though, but at least that's something to try for. Here's a small update on what I'm wearing now (I could use to top my physical resistance off, but it's at the cap when I'm spinning, as in, always) I do think I could use some more vitality/health for sure.

https://imgur.com/a/uj7L9IM

Currently I'm trying to figure out how to process empowered monoliths. So far I've been trying to clear some of them to get good blessings and also kill the Shade when I can to have a chance for some good loot / up the corruption.

Legendary crafting is something I haven't done really done at all, most I've had is LP of 2 but I'm still a bit unsure what kind of items I can use or should use for the crafting. If I understood correctly, the LP of the unique determines how many affixes from the exalted item will be copied into the new item, but which ones will transfer is random? And you lose the exalted item in the process?

Also, how does the item level come into play? If I have a low-level, say, level 20 unique with 2 LP, will the end product legendary also be a low level 20 item? Or does the level come from the exalted?

I’m on mobile and the album isn’t loading for me rn so I’ll check that later. One thing to be aware of with empowered monos is there’s a catch-up mechanic with corruption. In short, the higher corruption your other monos, the quicker it’ll go up in your current one. Also the further you push into it, the more corruption you’ll get from a reset.

As far as LP, yep, you have it right. The required level of the unique will go up to the minimum required for whatever affixes were added to it so far as I understand. It doesn’t just take the exalted’s level requirement. Item level itself mostly comes into play with the dungeon tiers - each tier has a item level cap for the unique you can put in.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

I was working on a dumb ignite dot smite judgement build that benefited greatly from the Hands of Judgement bug for clear speed, which was already so-so relative to its single target, so I’m kinda salty about that patch note.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

zoux posted:

I'm playing the new D4 season and man I wish I could have exactly LE's skill, crafting, and itemization systems in this engine

you forgot the loot filter

Hauki
May 11, 2010

yeah, offhand i'd say check out reign of winter marksman, runemaster or sorc, maybe umbral/shadow or orb vk if purple balls count as cool visuals

i don't think anyone knows for certain yet how the faction balance will play out but in the current ssf iteration it's reasonably easy to craft or farm basic endgame gear as is until you get into more esoteric builds - it's been a minute since i've played an ssf league, but i think last epoch is more generous in that regard

i'll start ssf and maybe flip to trade if i have a good enough reason

Hauki
May 11, 2010

BigRed0427 posted:

What do you guys do with exalted items that are useless to you and you don't want to blow a Shatter Rune on it? Just sell it?

I'm still finding a lot of gear that technically is what I'm asking for according to my loot filter, but don't need at all.

Nothing’s worth vendoring. If you’re not going to use it, shard it or shove it into a Sanctum craft just don’t pick it up. You can also just make your filter more restrictive, but I know some people want to see every purple.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

patch notes are live:
https://forum.lastepoch.com/t/last-epoch-1-0-patch-notes/62536

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Good Citizen posted:

suddenly cant see or pick up items on the ground.

server issue or did I push some stupid button that hosed things up?

press z

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Sab669 posted:

I haven't been able to find a Vial of Volatile Ice :argh:

When you gamble Catalysts, are you getting the Base Item shown in the shop or can it be any Base? Not sure how else to go about trying to get one... Though I only just just joined the Circle of Fortune.

For my spells in using Net, Explosive Trap, Shift, Falcon Strike thingy, and Shuriken.

I could probably swap Net for something else. Mostly just use Shuriken for when I'm out of mana.

You’re getting the base type pictured. If you want to gamble higher tier bases, run Soulfire Bastion. I think Vial is common, so you could probably spam runes of ascendance to get one if you care enough. Or just look for COF prophecies for unique off-hands. Could also farm unique Catalyst monolith nodes in Stolen Lance.

Sab669 posted:

Speaking of finally joining the COF, I need to "Gain a prophecy from an Observatory telescope" but no matter which direction I pan any of these in, I don't see poo poo? Do I need more Favor first?

You probably want a good chunk of favor first, I don’t think I bothered to pick up prophecies until I was like rank 2 or 3? The early ranks come pretty quickly, you’ll probably hit r3 after a handful of mono nodes. There does seem to be some kind of display bug with the telescope, so try relogging if you’re not seeing anything through the lens. You should see constellations in the telescope with 3-6? nodes you can choose from per item type. Each prophecy costs favor (from what I’ve seen so far, cost ranges from 450-4500 per node, roughly according to how good/rare the results are) and will roll a new constellation with different nodes once you’ve chosen a prophecy. Some have multiple charges, others are one and done. The telescope interface is also a little misleading imo - panning around is functionally the same as just walking to the other telescopes.

The regional lenses affect the item types that show up within the constellation, unsure if they affect drop rates as a whole. You unlock more lens slots as you reach higher tiers, haven’t gotten far enough to look into greater lenses yet.

COF bonuses are kinda wild so far, I’ve had bosses drop like 14+ exalteds at a time, idol shrines pop out like 30 idols at once and I’m on my 3rd lp3 unique already.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

what should I shatter? do I want to shatter stuff that has multiple affixes I care about? does it matter what tier those affixes are? I'm only like level 30 if it matters

Early on you’ll want to pick up some ailment cleanse on potion use (belt only). These are great candidates for sealing as a 5th affix.

Generically useful affixes like:
Hybrid Health (boots, belt, gloves)
%Health
Added Health
Any Penetration affix
Frailty and Armor Shred on hit are also great to have (amulets, gloves, I think frailty rolls on relics too)
Any class-specifics that you care about (chest, helm)
Lastly, class-specifics you don’t care about for the purposes of rolling those affixes away when you need to.
E: %all resistance rolls on shields and is less common too.

Obviously you’ll likely also want a bunch of shards of whatever your primary damage type is on the slots it can roll on - weapon, rings, belt, gloves, amulet, relic offhand?

As I get deeper into a char and accumulate shards, I start filtering for only t4/t5 of affixes I care about. I shatter most things, but if you want to maximize your shard return for a given affix and have potential to spare, use runes of removal instead.

Hauki fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Feb 23, 2024

Hauki
May 11, 2010

rafikki posted:

I just finished the campaign and am randomly doing monoliths. I've gotten a few keys as well, should I be using those?

For what it’s worth, each dungeon has 4 tiers with different area levels - completing each tier unlocks the next. The first tier are like level 45 ~ 55, so they might be bit boring if you’ve leveled past that. Sanctum and Bastion are both relatively easy on the early tiers if you do the mechanics.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

D.Fuzzbot posted:

For the Druid, should I lean into one form or is the druid more centred on constantly swapping forms?

You should lean into one form.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

D.Fuzzbot posted:

Please stop having a slapfight over campaign skip it's dumb.

Thanks I want to try one that swaps at some point but for now I'm happy being a bear.

That’s not to say that you can’t, but unless you have a particular plan in mind you’re likely handicapping yourself. Each of the forms (including human) have plenty of viable builds though.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Suprfli6 posted:

I don't think I'll be replacing this any time soon.

:eyepop:

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Jack Trades posted:

Can you get uniques from the gambler?

You cannot (you can from the soul gambler in Bastion)

queeb posted:

lol i crafted on these real quick just to bump up the necrotic res, ended up getting 2 crits, so now it still has 24 forge left, t5 movement, t5 res, and im out of CDR shards but once thats done I'll add that up to t5 and these'll be pretty dope

FWIW these are a fairly common drop from Exiled Mages, personally I’d look for a better base to craft on. There’s also a specific rune you can use to seal the exile mod so you can add a 5th affix.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

zoux posted:

You gotta learn the mechanics, I'm afraid. It's the first - and only - fight where you have to

it's probably in your interest to learn the dungeon boss mechanics eventually too

unless you're jamming 300k ward or whatever

Hauki
May 11, 2010

rafikki posted:

Some monoliths offer keys as a reward for completion

I think the node completion reward still only offers arena keys but I could be mistaken. There’s a cache type that drops one of each key though.

e: assuming this is for an alt, I would just run monos for a bit though, you’ll end up with more than you know what to do with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Jack Trades posted:

I attempted the campaign skip but uhhh...despite having a few Uniques I got kind of destroyed.

How do you beat that in practice? Is the expectation there that I'm supposed to craft gear that that point already?

Which dungeon/campaign skip? Sanctum? You should probably craft gear by that point if you’re not twinking, but the first tier should be pretty doable if you do the dungeon mechanics. For sanctum, the key notes are to hit d when she charges the big blast - if you time it right, she’ll never zone with you and you can dodge it entirely while keeping your dps up. The spinny beam is the other attack that seems to get people, but there’s a gap in the beams you can chill in.