Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Stanley Pain posted:

It absolutely does not affect any meaningful part of gameplay whatsoever. It doesn't affect numbers going up or the power of your character....

It's not like any of these games are devoid of cool looking gear either. Well maybe POE, but that's a completely free game so the comparison isn't really fair to make.

I'd rather they sold power, because I don't give a gently caress about power, at least in the context of how they usually sell it. But I do care about cosmetics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Loot filter seems cursed, I've gotten like 1 good drop an hour.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Suburban Dad posted:

I should have just created an offline guy (did SSF AF anyway :v:). I'm only level 16 but leveling as rogue has been kind of meh so far. Just hitting one button to kill and then dashing with the other skill. I just got my bird and then I got the ole LE-61.

I also rolled a falcon rogue today and had the same experience., minus the LE-61. It starts to feel so much better once you get explosive trap. The little ping sounds when you use it tickle the neurons. Also it kills the poo poo out of things. Although, still not as easy-breezy as my warlock.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Man this exploding ballista build is stupid. It rules.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

They could really stand to tone down the laser focused one-shotting attacks at endgame. Going through the trouble of getting resistance capped should feel like it does something not give you 0.25 seconds to survive against blood asps instead of 0.15. I'm guessing it's probably way easier for minion builds.

Those loving asps!!!

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Lysandus posted:

Have they fixed the servers to the point where area transitions are instant?

I rage quit on day 2 because during a boss fight, I clicked too close to an exit door and it unsummoned my minions but didn't transition the character making my minion necro fight without minions.

No but they aren't that bad. I just started my first online character last night and most transitions took between 1-3 seconds to actually go off, with the odd outlier of 5ish seconds a couple of times.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

euphronius posted:

You have to have a google account to sign that petition sadly

I don’t see why the healing hands ward interaction needs to be nerfed but everyone says it does .

Eh, the build seems "fine" without the ward generation, but I am also only just breaking into empowered mono's with it. Pretty much still unkillable without the ward gen there though and my real problem right now is ttk anyway. Not that the ttk is bad but it feels bad coming off of warlock and falconer.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Wuxi posted:

Yeah Volatile Reversal sadly isnt really replaceable

Came to the same conclusion. EHG give me a button for 30% attack speed for 5 seconds please and thank you.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

A Moose posted:

Can experimental affixes get transferred to legendaries?

The wraithlord build wants the "minions teleport with you" affix, and the volatile zombies on potion use, and ward/missing health affixes.

I believe yes. There's a glyph you can use that will let you get an experimental affix onto an exalted item.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXYYg_z1O3E

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

gnoma posted:

Werebear Swipe is a solid option if you just want to get up in the face of things and be super tanky. Cheaper health regen version. More expensive low life version. Swarmblade can get a bit more damage than Werebear but is a little funkier. The maxroll frostbite build is a good way to go.

Why the frostbite swarmblade instead of the lightning one? Been trying to decide between the 2 for my next alt and was leaning storm.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Hit Man posted:

Reading about Merchants makes me sad. CoF is a good idea but not specific enough to overcome RNG

CoF is for me, a person who would rather do drat near anything else than gently caress around with a marketboard.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

The Little Kielbasa posted:

Looking for suggestions on good controller-friendly builds (I can't play ARPGs with a mouse anymore, the tendon in my firearm gets very angry). It also needs to have a quick evade/teleport/dodge-type skill to get me out of AoEs. Otherwise, anything goes.

So far I've played 2 classes to the 80s: Shadow dagger bladedancer (great, except when the game decides target synchronized strike on something in a place I do not want to jump to). Smite hammerdin (doesn't need to target, which is great, but doesn't have an evade button [the windup on shield rush is too slow

I had the most fun with this build on a controller: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2SHPBAcMgE

Also had a pretty good time with the this torment warlock https://maxroll.gg/last-epoch/build-guides/torment-warlock-guide#gear--header

I am not sure how either currently hold up though.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Ugly John posted:

The one I ended up on is slightly different but ends up similarly:

https://www.lastepochtools.com/build-guides/melee-crit-healing-hands-paladin

You end up with Void Cleave and Abyssal Echoes instead of Sigils + reversal. Void Cleave becomes a traversal skill and both it and Rive proc a ton of stuff, and it just feels really good.

Update: mono Lagon completely disrespected, with ward the sweeping beam only took me to around half health, refilled in an instant. Learn nothing, break everything.

This build feels a bit better than the sword and shield one, enjoying it a lot! Wish this guide talked about uniques at all outside of the volcanus though.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Dungeons are maybe the worst aspect of this game. Temporal Sanctum is fine but soulfire sucks so much rear end and lightless arbor is a big whatever.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

A Moose posted:

This is like the 4th time someone has suggested Runemaster lol, are "whatever was last buffed" the only good builds in this game? Like did they just nerf everything when they added warlock and runemaster and BIRD so people would play test the new masteries?

Everyone says Sorcerer doesn't do anything at all, spellblade doesn't scale very well, none of the primalist classes are very good, and BIRD is the only rogue class that scales. I guess necro can do stuff with one of the One Big Minion builds, but it sounds like there just aren't very many viable classes. People say Paladin is good but it sounds like the 1 skill holding it up is a pain to use and the rest of sentinel is pretty meh.

Huh? What paladin skill are you talking about? The healing hands rive build is like the most bog standard easy to play thing in the world. The original incarnation had Volatile Reversal which is a skill I don't like but mostly because it's kinda poo poo when mapping. On bosses it's fine since you just have to stand still for a couple of seconds before using it.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Awesome! posted:

ive seen people complain about needing to recast the sigil thing on bosses since the auto-cast node only works on kills and not hits on rares/bosses.

you can also just not use the sigil thing if you want though

e: pretty sure they did at least 1 build for every mastery for 1.0 launch on maxroll. look what they did for lich there i guess.

Ah, I didn't find that too annoying, but I also switched to the bold that doesn't use it (or volatile reversal).

Edit: The maxroll builds seem dubious to me currently. Specifically what I mean by that is that I've used a couple builds from maxroll and they've been fine, but I don't see some of the more busted post-launch builds ranked yet. Like healing hands rive paladin or rax's nonsense trap build. That said, there is movement on the tier lists semi-recently so who knows.

Failboattootoot fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Apr 7, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Lagon isn't even the worst, I've had more consistent problems with the bosses for lightless arbor and the fire necro dungeon.