Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

Magus42 posted:

Which is a good plan since it's so easy to save edit your way to said millions of runes :)

where
how

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Papercut posted:

Why would they choose PoE's worst system to add?

Best* system to add.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

anyone has a vidya guide or text guide for speedrunning?
I realised i forgot every loving thing about story

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

As one wise man said, tencent is hands off.
They are just investing in IPs they would like to release in china.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Path of exile anyone? When did GGG release acts 4 and 5, and then 6-10?

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

That was f2p

EHG was already not a nice bunch in my books, reminding me I paid irl monies for this uninstalled game just made the matters worse

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Herstory Begins Now posted:

poe 2 devs apparently doing a variable story thing where u get a different story and npc reactions if you just blast through ignoring everything and listening to nothing and not reading anything, which is lol

ralakesh in a7 was supposed to occupy the body of the bandit the exile helped through their actions in a2
we all know how that ended up

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

totalnewbie posted:

What is your problem with EHG?

Elentor.
And no, I uninstalled a long time ago, although I do wish this game to succeed for the bettering of arpg genre

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

quote:

Posted: 23 Feb @ 12:33am
Not Recommended
I have worked on cloud computing for over 15 years. They sold 1 million pre-oders. There is no excuse for this launch. They clearly do not know what they are doing or refuse to build a proper hosting site. What a waste of my time.

quote:

Playtime:
106.8 hrs last two weeks / 159.4 hrs on record

:laffo:

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

They literally should enable offline by default via steam args with OPTIONAL online toggle in game

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

The one thing people who like the "skip leveling" never answer - what tier of maps are they comfortable to be dropped at with freshly created lvl1 character that is twink this "league"?

Or which size the "Win" button on twink character creation screen should be

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

TyrantWD posted:

As someone who averages 4 characters a league in PoE, I’m as sick as anyone of running the same campaign over and over, but scaling down the end game so it works at level one seems like a good way to burn players out and have them quit early. If I am stuck doing the same thing from level 1 to 100, I’ll probably bail before I even hit 90.

Its that. Because unlike what people think

Setec_Astronomy posted:

because the character you're building usually doesn't function at all until like level 85 stop picking bad builds

USUALLY people don't know what they actually want so giving them what they need is better. That's good game design.
Because people in poe, for example, already have an option to do campaign in 3 hours or less, with twink gear even faster.
But no that's :effort:, people "want mindlessly" spam t0 maps or some poo poo until they ???? burnout at level 50
People don't realise that all that power they blast maps through with comes way later. Regularly after 32+ skills/uniques, ascendancy or two and before that its a loving slog that will kill their desire to play even faster than the obligatory "ohmygawd acts again"

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Jack Trades posted:

LE's campaign is better than most but it's still forcing you do the exact same layouts every time, following the exact same routes, mashing through the same conversation, watching through the same unskippable setpieces, etc.

The fact that LE's layouts are pregen and not procgen must be next level of boring

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

NPR Journalizard posted:

This is extreme PoE brain. Most people can't complete the campaign in 3 hours, even with twink items

Yeah picking up singular wisdoms and transmutes in a7 and not having quicksilver flask up most of the time does that.
As much as just doing full clear of zones. Or afking. IDing all the rares and going back and forth to town to vendor thrice per zone.

If a person is able to play "hideout floor is lava", that person can be as fast in campaign as in maps

NPR Journalizard posted:

How? You need to get sulphite from somewhere.

On your second and forth characters each league, sulphite and depths are shared but not one person does this shortcut because lol, campaign is faster

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

NPR Journalizard posted:

Most people will not be within an hour of him, even if they do play floor is lava

Yes, because most people never try. they bitch and moan and cry they hate campaign and need a shortcut.
"Most people" are dumb.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Help, my old bad grindy game is old bad and grindy! I refuse to play what suits me and what I find fun, I DEMAND your ways be changed!

CATER MY DEMANDS!

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Volte posted:

Hating a mandatory repetitious campaign is totally understandable but I'm trying and failing to imagine why someone would play an ARPG if they hate the very concept of levelling.

I try to understand people personally because I hate arpgs and I love poe for the variability and replayability.
No other game outside eve online, albion online and pathofexile cater to my creative tastes. And I equally hate all 3 of these.
Then again, a marvel when your poe build starts to function, "clicks" together during leveling or later is yet another neat itch to be scratched.

Because whats in the maps? Endless maps aka repetitive content, doing same old kill mobs, next zone? Hows that different from campaign?
But no maps are diff~ Okay.
Yet again I ask same question, what size should be "WIN" button on character creation screen and at what map tier new twink characters should be dropped?

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Mailer posted:

Leveling itself isn't the issue. It's that everything up until a certain point (level 50, world tier 3, campaign completion, whatever) doesn't matter. You're playing an inconsequential side mode to the real game and you have to do it every season because reasons.

Where does the "real game" start and why is it there?

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Noir89 posted:

You do understand that, if they add a "Skip campaign button" for those of us that hate repeated campaigns, it is optional right? Like they wont shoot you for pressing it?

You do realise no one is forcing you to play?

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Jack Trades posted:

You do realize that no one is forcing you to post?

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Why bother with leveling at all.
Lets just carry over existing characters with every new league/cycle/etc, just naked for economy's sake
Isn't it?

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Saxophone posted:

I like that you have made it abundantly clear that you’re not worth engaging with on any level nor are you attempting any sort of good faith argument. Tootles.

In other news I’ve been #5 in the login queue for 5 minutes now…

Its all the same, ad hominem et all.
Literally zero questions answered, as usual

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Jack Trades posted:

Just because you didn't read any of the answers, doesn't mean that there weren't any.

They were replies and not answers.
Anyway, so why wouldn't be carrying over characters you already leveled, albeit without gear, a solution?

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Is it really impossible to change 'mastery'?

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Jack Trades posted:

There's a reason why "running the campaign 15 times" was mentioned specifically.

this is why theres no dialogue in ere. you just keep drat replying without answering

Is that a yes? Say it. Or stfu

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

StarkRavingMad posted:

It is, sadly. One of the things I wish they'd change since the build to getting your mastery is the most boring part of the game.

I said I don't mind replaying the campaign but if they don't want to allow respeccing mastery, it would be nice if they allowed a jump to getting your mastery and having 20 points available in your main skill for people who have already advanced a character of that class that far

Its sad tbh, for all the "respecs are basically free" and then a wall.
Welp, legacy broken builds still there so :v

Jack Trades posted:

Can you really not put two and two together? Do you always have someone else to chew for for you?

unlike your dumb rear end I prefer not to assume

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Failboattootoot posted:

I also rolled a falcon rogue today and had the same experience., minus the LE-61. It starts to feel so much better once you get explosive trap. The little ping sounds when you use it tickle the neurons. Also it kills the poo poo out of things. Although, still not as easy-breezy as my warlock.

Its p funny to load into an instance with boss half-dead and still in grace period. Falconer seems way too powerful
A lot of fun tho

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

EUW appears to have 21k+ queue atm

As a temp fix to login, switch server to any other on login screen, exit the game then login without queue and change server in game settings and change zones

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Double Bill posted:

50k+ queue now, and it's not moving at all. Looks broken.

Its bugged, hence the workaround.
Some people report changing server, closing game AND steam then connecting to that random server (asia instead of EU/US for example) several times works.
They seem to have some middlepoint broken and are working on it

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

immortal ward lich reaper?

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Anyone found whats the best skill to trigger Side by side cdr for falcon? None of the maxroll falconer builds seem to use direct damage so it feels wasted

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

CEO had to prohibit staff from checking discord when errors happen to protect them from all the toxicity
They have ~150k ppl on their discord server, 260k in game peak, #3 top seller on steam too btw
74% positive reviews so far, so it'll buff out i hope.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Went back to chapter 6 from monos just to get to c9 to get the trade faction.
Duh monos are great
Been there since ~35-ish

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Pro: you get carried by your birb

queeb posted:

so im going umbral blades into all the shadow daggers stuff, then you go top left on aerial assault which makes your bird drop up to 6 umbral blades when you assault, and then those do all the poo poo from their tree. with how fast cooldowns are if i hit a pack with aerial assault they all just die and my cooldown is back up. and its like screen wide explosions

care to shere your build pls? https://www.lastepochtools.com/planner/

Erulisse fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Feb 26, 2024

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

ARPG's favourite "just don't get hit" vOv
I literally see zero difference between my 800hp falconer and 4k hp+90% hp as ward reaper lich in terms of survivability, and some streamers/youtuber personalities stated that devs actually designed some stuff to be strictly untankable and one shot, so idk

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Could anyone recommend a good clear build? Im tired of numlocked stutterstep on falconer, however strong it is and cant stand new witch voicelines so not a warlock.

EB Primalist?

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Wuxi posted:

Cold DoT Werebear has really good clear, but very mediocre single target dps. Its also very very tanky, about as tanky as a life based build can get.

thanks, I'll look into it

frajaq posted:

Fellow falconers I think I'm making a mistake by using the Flask as my filler ability, what skills are you guys using besides Falcon Strike/Dive Bomb/Aerial Assault/Smoke Bomb ? Any melee users at all? Or using bows? Shurikens maybe?

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Alkanos posted:

The recent posts about Flame Rush

thanks, I'll save that for later, seems a bit too finicky for now

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Sab669 posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Video Games > Last Epoch: pull handfuls of greatswords out of my rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

lol this game is so jank i cant even

runemaster's flame rush (primary runemaster blink skill) that transforms character into a fiery ball

just moves character model in t-pose underground for the effect