Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Last Epoch has interesting itemization

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
https://forum.lastepoch.com/t/eleventh-hour-games-new-partnership/48083

quote:

Luckily, after nearly 18 months I began talks with the team from Tencent Games who were already fans of Last Epoch and had followed us for quite some time. They had witnessed our ability to produce and release content for nearly 4 years in Early Access, grow a team, and grow an enthusiastic player base. Their team played the game thoroughly, and came into the conversation with the level of enthusiasm, and trust in us, that we were looking for. Due to their passion for Last Epoch, but most importantly because of their willingness to let us design, create, operate, and grow how we see fit, we have accepted a low-equity investment from Tencent Games.

This investment does many wonderful things for EHG and Last Epoch, including:

Guaranteeing the stability of our development pipeline through the full 1.0 release of Last Epoch
Allowing funds for required hardware, like more testing machines, and server infrastructure to support Multiplayer
Allowing us to hire and contract industry experts and consultants for the most challenging aspects of development and live operations
Allowing us to expand our team (we’re hiring, join us!) 98
Allowing us marketing capital for the 1.0 release of the game - this means more players to share Eterra with!
Ensuring our stability and growth as a studio for years to come

I'm just hoping more devs being hired on means we get multiplayer faster.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Nephrite posted:

It's good they have so many people working on multiplayer because I've basically had the sense ever since it was mentioned that they want it to be "perfect" and a lot of people don't need it to be perfect - they just want to play with their friends. A lot of the reason I haven't pushed LE with my own circle of friends is it's "just" a single player game right now, and once they actually do have multiplayer available for everyone I think the game is going to take off like a rocket.

I want it to be perfect and I'm willing to wait. MP didn't work at all when Wolcen came out and it was a huge bummer. I don't know if it even works these days but I assume at this point there's hardly anyone to play with.

LE can avoid some flak if their MP doesn't launch perfectly since you can at least play offline but it would still turn a lot of people off if they want to play MP, they are told they can play MP, and they actually can't play MP.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
I'm excited to see where this trading system goes. Having vendors available offline sounds so much better than having to rely on player to player trading, and I can still play group found with my friends.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
Feel like I've seen this icon somewhere

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Shardix posted:

I really hope the devs continue ignoring the dopes demanding they make the game more like PoE. No, I don't actually want to have to collect fifty different currencies, thanks.

Today I picked up an item, smacked the one mod I didn't want off of it, and hit T5 on two other mods before running out of juice. Then I got right back to gaming, it was terrific.

Spent a lot of time playing with a friend today. We're maybe a mile apart from each other IRL on the same ISP and it was laggy sometimes. Sometimes leaving the map via town portal then going right back in felt like it fixed the latency. There's definitely still a lot of work to be done but it's functional enough to play together most of the time.

Diephoon fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Mar 12, 2023

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
I put 80 hours into Grim Dawn somehow and I don't really like it. I want to like it but I think the passive trees and skills are mostly boring. Also it's extremely ugly.

I refunded Last Epoch the last time I tried it because I didn't like the janky models and animations, but it has come a long way since then. Version .9 is the first time I've really dug in and I'm at over 100 hours now.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
Who do you all think is the strongest class in terms of not blowing up in Empowered Monoliths with minimal gear? My Void Knight is my highest damage character so far, but I lost motivation to play him once I hit emp monos and started getting pasted in melee. I need to rebuild him to survive in there better but I'm wondering if any class can just say gently caress it and get to scrappin no matter how unoptimized their gear is.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Mailer posted:

Is the "impact" feeling a sound thing? Like I get the concept but I was trying to remember all my playing of D3 and I don't remember abilities really slamming in that way. I also haven't played that game with sound on in years.

I still fondly remember the sound of Seismic Slam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HgwQ8NgCu0

Watching this small clip I think it's a combination of sound, visual effects, monster/environment destruction and physics that makes it all come together in a satisfying way.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

queeb posted:

My prediction, 10k peak players

Edit: I say this because I don't think a 1.0 for a game that's been out for years is a huge draw like something out of nowhere like helldivers

not even done patching

Diephoon fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Feb 21, 2024

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

ayyyyyyyyy

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Tonetta posted:

y'all should just try cof offline, it's a very nice experience.

Can't wear my cosmetics offline, LITERALLY unplayable!

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Mikojan posted:

Any rogue players managed to make shurikens feel good? I keep finding uniques related to it, but I come out dissapointed every time

Problem I had with Shurikens last time I played them was that they were annoying to aim. Maybe it's better on controller?

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Skippy McPants posted:

The art direction in this game is kinda putting me off. Everything feels like a dark, drab smear.

I'm maybe five or six hours in and just unlocked my mastery. Is the whole game midnight sewer do does it eventually open up into some livelier environments?

Try turning off Volumetric Lighting. The Ruined Era is all void stuff, then you get put up against The Empire which is mostly spooky undead. These are dark and drab. Once you're past that the environments vary a bit more. 1.0 also added a lighting system that actually does make end game maps feel different based on whatever random preset you get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

A Moose posted:

Crafting in this game actually owns. For the most part do it just for fun. Not doing it, or doing it wrong won't hurt you, but doing it will make you stronger.

You can absolutely brick your items. That just means it's a good idea to play with crafting while levelling since you're going to replace all that gear anyway.