Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Dickweed
Mar 3, 2003

Yes, that kitty is probably the head of a multi-national conglomerated business...uh...thing.

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Your NPR Name
1. Insert your first initial somewhere in your middle name
2. The name of the town your maternal ancestors lived in in the 1850s

optional
3. Hypen
4. Your high school girlfriend's dog's name

StephenT Stockwell-Sprinkles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Mallon Little Rock-Mittens

roarpower
Jul 11, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i miss car talk

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
haha did you hear the car talk guys.... actually hated cars?? :buddy:

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Is it a nationwide fundraiser going on now? Cause it sucks bad here. Every 15 min

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Burt Sexual posted:

Is it a nationwide fundraiser going on now? Cause it sucks bad here. Every 15 min

My station already met their goal so they only mention it at the top and bottom of the hour!

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Chief McHeath posted:

My station already met their goal so they only mention it at the top and bottom of the hour!

ITT we make our goal early and spend the rest of the pledge drive reading 80s hustler letters on-air and farting directly into the mic

join us tonight as we give that weird dude from the bbc a case of good old fashioned american conjunctivitis

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Fregerick Lochgelly-Amelia

hamtaro
Oct 7, 2008

doctorfrog posted:

Here's an uncritical, and subtly congratulatory reporting of a minor change a social media corporation is thinking about maybe doing to offset the awfulness of their business model, without impacting their profits or growth in the slightest. This is the most one should expect from a corporation, and we won't give voice to alternatives from someone who doesn't work in that industry. We won't mention when this feature is completely removed by a very quiet security update. See you next bullying-related suicide or shooting. Tech: we know you work in it, invest in it, or just kinda feel good about it!

this is from a few pages back but it's a headshot

revwinnebago
Oct 4, 2017

I used to love NPR until roughly the Dubya era when their reporting finally gave up the ghost entirely. I kept listening until the Obama era when they just lost their poo poo.

First story I heard one day when I tried to give them another chance:

Data Scientist: "We studied the Russian Facebook stuff."
NPR: "Tell us how they swayed Republicans for Trump."
Data Scientist: "No see that's the interesting part. They're mostly trying to make us lose faith in democracy so the bulk of their efforts are just focused on confusing issues with in-fighting."
NPR: "....uhhh... k... so can you tell us how they swayed the vote for Trump?"
Data Sciencist: "Actually in our study, most of the effort was designed to create in-fighting among the left, rather than specifically promoting Trump."
NPR: "You heard it here, Russians hackers used Facebook to get Trump elected."
Data Scientist: "That is definitely not what I said."
NPR: "Thank you for coming, and if you want more news on how Trump bought the election, listen to our upcoming special, The KGB Loves Free Publicity And We Are Incapable of Irony, next week on WEEB."

Blast of Confetti posted:

car talk was good even if you dont like cars because they were having a blast and were funny which is rare for npr

The Car Talk guys were engineers at MIT whose whole purpose in life was to help people fix their own cars. They seriously tried to open a shop where they'd have all the tools and you'd just come in and aw hell I didn't think about insurance. Nevermind HAHAHA!

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
cokie dead, so what

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Your NPR Name
1. Insert your first initial somewhere in your middle name
2. The name of the town your maternal ancestors lived in in the 1850s

optional
3. Hypen
4. Your high school girlfriend's dog's name

Allberto San Felipe - Fritz

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Forceholy posted:

drat, that's good

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
My job sucks but at least I get paid

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Code Jockey posted:

cokie dead, so what

And now it's time for "Ask Cokie". Cokie Roberts joins us regularly to talk about how politics and the government work. And here's our first question from Des Moines, Iowa.

u dead?

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Forceholy posted:

:drat:

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.

Giant_Pupils posted:

Oh poo poo, Pat Goss! I used to listen to that show as a teenager all the time. I was a ton of fun at parties.

Edit: wait no, I’m confusing Car Talk with Goss’ garage - but I listened to both.

No you're right, Pat Goss at some point did call his show Car Talk, but I'd guess had to change the name at some point.

You've won a free BG Frigifresh coolant flush!

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
I'm cokie roberts

you can tell i'm a secret republican by my retarded name

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Cokie Roberts: Former Child Star

feller
Jul 5, 2006

I wish I liked anything enough to change my first name to it.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

ElGroucho posted:

I'm cokie roberts

you can tell i'm a secret republican by my retarded name

and by the ableist slurs

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Screaming Idiot posted:

and by the ableist slurs

Sorry you identify.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Hi, I'm Dougwell Maxim at NPR, to tell you all about the wonderful things Capitalist has done for you! Here with me is Kitty Spankleford

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
Why did they not cover Cokie passing today on NPR?

That's sad, I like Cokie :(

pogue23
Aug 15, 2002

Son, I am disappoint.
DuWahLi SAIKOWTOW BANG BIP PACHOW

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

nut
Jul 30, 2019

today on open ears we're talking to Vidal Sassoon, a real estate broker from northern mississippi who once came home to a large dump taken on his front yard

nut
Jul 30, 2019

today on open air we're going to talk to Jaundice Pickens a turnip farmer who has found a unique use for the root vegetable scientists are calling "alarming"

nut
Jul 30, 2019

its shark week loyal listeners so we're taking a deep dive *sploosh sound effects* into the wild and wacky world of the shark that seems to be ripping up my dad's underwear

houstonguy
Jun 2, 2005

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
is there really someone named Tom Cocaine??

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

interwhat posted:

Why did they not cover Cokie passing today on NPR?

That's sad, I like Cokie :(

Nina Totenberg had a pretty long remembrance segment yesterday evening at least. You could tell it was hitting her hard, her voice cracked a bunch. :(

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Skypie posted:

Nina Totenberg had a pretty long remembrance segment yesterday evening at least. You could tell it was hitting her hard, her voice cracked a bunch. :(

They covered her death-like over and over and over again, that guy has to be trolling.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
from the trump thread in cspam:

absolutely flawless synergy, here, centrist trash talks exclusively to centrist trash news outlet

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Code Jockey posted:

from the trump thread in cspam:

absolutely flawless synergy, here, centrist trash talks exclusively to centrist trash news outlet

Lol

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Today on All Things Considered: House Speaker and Slay Kween Nancy "Patron Saint of Shade" Pelosi stands her ground despite harsh, sexist critics from the fringe, extreme left calling for her to "do her loving job"

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Julius CSAR posted:

Retro Cocktail Hour is still on and it’s still fantastic. He’s very fond of dipping into the (many) soundtracks from Cowboy Bebop

In fact everyone in this thread should listen to RCH right drat now

https://exchange.prx.org/series/7960-the-retro-cocktail-hour

This is rad

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
People who work at NPR

“Hello you’ve reached NPR how may I direct your call?”

“I’ll ask Jackie to put it on the holiday sheet, thanks!”

“Oh man, this freaking printer, urgh!”

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
I'm Ayesha Rascoe.

Inverted Icon
Apr 8, 2020

by Athanatos
Welcome to the inoffensive jazz and commentary hour, this is Cecilia Nasty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
Every day we bring you the hardest hitting journalism from around the world because ~in these times~ it is more important than ever to have access to crucial information and we make sure to have that for you from all our bureaus across the globe.

Every five minutes or so we will repeat a message either begging for money or about how important we are and how you could not begin to understand your world without our vital, hard hitting journalism. We bring you the stories that matter to you and matter to our planet.

On today’s morning drive-time show: How transgender latinx polyamorous candlemakers are leading the charge in Hollywood.