Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Maybe just do the ethical thing and advertise/pay whatever the top of your range is and save yourself and everyone else a lot of headache?

Spoiler alert - he will not do this and will find a million and one excuses as to why he can't do this one simple trick that would immediately end his woes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Proud Christian Mom posted:

please rename the thread to "Why does no one want to work for a giant rear end in a top hat?"

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

wateroverfire posted:

I worked some lovely jobs when I was young, too? I went on to better things later (also things that sucked but in different ways and for more money) and I imagine you did, too.

What if they didn't?

What if a lot of people never actually go on to better things? And you're loving blinded by the privilege you enjoy because you were one of the rare few who did?

Have you ever considered that idea for a second in your worthless loving existence, bootlicker?

Have fun with the applicant search, it seems to be going swimmingly, sure you'll have no problems at all.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Volkerball posted:

Something like 2.5% of the workforce aged 16+ make minimum wage so nah, it's a rare few that don't move on to bigger and better things.

So making slightly above minimum wage but not a living wage is your idea of "bigger and better things?"

It's so funny how threads like these get the worst assholes to just show up and crow how big an rear end in a top hat they are and then get shocked and appalled when they get dogpiled.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Volkerball posted:

I mean I work at a factory making over $40k on the back of a community college certificate that cost essentially nothing since the pell grant covered all of it, which is enough for a living wage and investments on top of that which will give me all sorts of financial independence later in life. I'm the low man on the totem pole here, but I'm still doing fine and happy, and everybody above me is in the same boat. Like yeah not everyone is going to be successful, but there's a difference between recognizing that, and assuming the game is so rigged against you from the start that you don't even try to pursue any opportunities when the truth is that they are out there for just about anyone.

You and wateroverfire are both Just_World_Fallacy.txt but I guess you win the no-prize for the sadder of the two because you were bought off for much cheaper than he was. So, congrats! :toot:

eta lmao missed the poo poo about "investments on top of that" on first glance, get the gently caress out of here

quote:

all sorts of financial independence later in life. I'm the low man on the totem pole here

:thunk:

WampaLord fucked around with this message at 21:18 on May 14, 2019

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Ooh, nice counter. Must have touched a nerve.

Here, let's make a deal, you give me some of your "investments" and I could probably afford to!

eta: Here's some education!

https://twitter.com/AFLCIO/status/1128270151252697089

WampaLord fucked around with this message at 11:57 on May 15, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Volkerball posted:

"you put money in your 401k? up against the wall with you! oh and also, workers of the world unite" marxoteen.

Hey, don't put words in my mouth, I never called for violence against you, I said you should give me your investments so I could afford to "grow up" as you put it.

Got fired because you were sick two days in a row? Just grow up! Bing Bong Bing, so simple!

And I'm 34, you loving arrogant prick.